BMW owners movement! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

R1200S is a really nice bike, but that HP2 sport really makes me sweat.

2004 R1150RT-P
Just got it..winter is taking way too long to end!
hoping to get to the fest...if the wife lets me!

Thats the worst part of about getting a bike in the winter, the long wait for spring. Congrats on the new bike! I have been loving my beemer since I got it 2 years ago... or is it 3? Either way I have not grown bored of it nor felt any need to get anything different.

41 days, 20 hours, 13 mins, 25 second till riding season! - (based on averages of my previous years of riding, results may very depending on climate)

2004 R1150RT-P
Just got it..winter is taking way too long to end!
hoping to get to the fest...if the wife lets me!
hi
I am in the same situation I have 2002 R1150RT-P (ex California Highway Patrol bike) that I imported from US, I am waiting till spring to fully used it.

as for fest, this is family event, I am taking all my family, and for the past 2 years they enjoy it, there are lots of activities for kids, camping for family, and music for spouse. My wife is not riding, but she enjoy the fest, and kids are looking forward to be there.

Junkers

SunnY S, thank you for starting this thread. I love seeing the BMWs.....lots on ADVrider but not enough here! :p

2009 bmw f650gs! flame red

love it!

That's the bike I've been considering until I found out about the G650GS (previously F650GS). Man, I love your bike. Did you try out other bikes before buying the F650GS...if so, how did it compared?

41 days, 20 hours, 13 mins, 25 second till riding season! - (based on averages of my previous years of riding, results may very depending on climate)

Leave it to a BMW owner to break it down like that. :D

Leave it to a BMW owner to break it down like that. :D

I have a count down widget on my macbook pro, do it every year when I put the bike away. 41 days seems like nothing compared to when I started in December.

41 days, 18 hours, 23 mins, 30 seconds left!

Oh, another BMW owner here. I don't have any pictures of my bike with me. It is the silver, blue, black scheme as mentioned below.

hi
I am in the same situation I have 2002 R1150RT-P (ex California Highway Patrol bike) that I imported from US, I am waiting till spring to fully used it.

as for fest, this is family event, I am taking all my family, and for the past 2 years they enjoy it, there are lots of activities for kids, camping for family, and music for spouse. My wife is not riding, but she enjoy the fest, and kids are looking forward to be there.

Junkers

Cool, does it have the flashing lites and siren?

Re: The Fest. Never been to it. I've always said I was gonna go, but never did. This year, I gotta do it.

Maybe we could group ride down there.

SunnY S, thank you for starting this thread. I love seeing the BMWs.....

Me too!

Last edited:
I really like that colour scheme. Not a fan of the new colour schemes. I also really like the F800R (the naked one)

Thanks, I think it stands out and looks unique.

If I had lots of extra cash lying around........I would do this color scheme......

This is a full race/track bike one of the guys in the other forum uses.

zodvyf.jpg

Last edited:
Cool, does it have the flashing lites and siren?

they were removed (power connection still is there)
the diference from standard RT is:
* Solo seat only with a radio top box replacing the passenger seat
* 840 watt alternator instead of civilian 700 watt alternator
* Rear drive gear
ratio of 31:11 (civilian R1100/1150RT has 32:11 ratio but R1100/1150RS has 31:11 ratio)
* Auxiliary cooling fan for when engine is kept running when the motorcycle is stationary
* Front and rear protection bars
* A special speedometer accurate to +/- 1MPH
* Two 12 volt accessory outlets (the civilian outlet R1150RT comes with one)
* Rear only emergency flasher system in addition to the 4 way system
* Headlight on and off switch
* Heated hand grips are standard
* Tall BMW windshield is standard
* Locking side stand
* True image rear view mirrors
* Auxiliary link battery to provide power for long duty
* BMW "City Case" saddle bags

News Flash....

BMW Durham announces a ride coming up for May 10.

A note from the dealer...."Just found out today our 1st BMW Demo Ride Day is May 10, 2010 at Haugens Chicken in Port Perry. More details will follow when we send out our e-newsletter"

http://www.haugensbbq.com/

Ahhhh, can't wait for Spring!

Last edited:
BMWS1000RRDetailLeftSport.jpg

Prost! Happy time will soon be here. Hello Durham BMW, Hello April! Hopefully get a chance to meet some of my gtamotocycle "Schwesters" and "Brüders" this summer. Welcome to the TEAM.

BMWS1000RRDetailLeftSport.jpg

Prost! Happy time will soon be here. Hello Durham BMW, Hello April! Hopefully get a chance to meet some of my gtamotocycle "Schwesters" and "Brüders" this summer. Welcome to the TEAM.

Awesome. Thats the only colour scheme I would buy that bike in.
icon_amsime_thumb.gif

The excellent and well respected UK "Bike" mag did some dyno tests....

-184rwhp
-thats 30hp more than the Duc 1198S, and Aprilia RSV4!

-3.7hp more than the Haya

-18hp more than Japans most powerful literbike (ZX10)

There is a new kid in town. Say hi to the most powerful production bike in the world.

http://www.bmwplanetpower.com/

Last edited:
The excellent and well respected UK "Bike" mag did some dyno tests....

-184rwhp
-thats 30hp more than the Duc 1198S, and Aprilia RSV4!

-3.7hp more than the Haya

-18hp more than Japans most powerful literbike (ZX10)

There is a new kid in town. Say hi to the most powerful production bike in the world.

http://www.bmwplanetpower.com/

That's great but can you repair it with a well placed rock. Bring back the Airheads!:D

Back
Top Bottom