BMW owners movement! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BMW owners movement!

here is my 09 HP2 Sport

I ordered in 08, didn't get it until Nov of 08

IPHONEPics059.jpg

That article really downplays how little power the F800 engine has compared to the VFR. Ride the two back to back and the difference is very noticeable. The VFR's competitor would probably be closer to the R1200-engined bikes.

Both bikes have their virtues. Nobody could go wrong with either one.

The F800 is around 70+ pounds lighter than the VFR, so despite being down some hp, acceleration is similar until near the top end where the Viffer will move ahead. The new VFR1200, would be a better comparo with the K/R series bikes.

I considered both bikes carefully, even had a deposit on a new VFR once upon a time. It was a tough choice. One test ride of the F8 and "this bike spoke to me". Very quick, light, versatile and flickable in the twisties. Not a huge factor in my purchase, but it gets outstanding gas mileage to boot. Also, the Bimmer is a newer design (07), vs, the Viffers 02 design.

Last edited:
Always liked the K1300R.
Did you guys have any issues with them?
I was reading some forums and it seemed as though there
are some stalling issues. Any of you experience this?
How's the insurance on the K1300R?

I'm ready to leave the SS for the track and get a more sensible street ride.

I have the best bike I have ever ridden. 06 R1200GS
IMG_5558-1.jpg

To me this is the best bike I have ever had. I do everything with it from commuting to 1000 km days and it just keeps on working. Not had any final drive issues or servo problems... yet. The only bike I would trade this in for is a R1200GSA. I dont have a pic yet, but I have engine and tank guards on from Hepco & Becker.

I have become a big fan of the BMW quality gear as well, I have then Enduro helmet, winter pro 2 gloves and a new Rallye 3 jacket on the way, should be here in march. Quality of the gear is top notch.... should be for the price tag.

I would consider the F800 a great commuter/city bike I wouldn't consider it a long distance tourer.

First pic is from Manic 5 in Quebec, just north of Baie-Comeau. Its even more eerie and impressive approaching that dam at night.

Ohhh ok! I would imagine that it would be! Soo cool though! Nice pics!

Curious how many BMW owners are on GTAM.

One of the most talked about companies of 2010.

Has anybody else joined the movement?

wjyush.jpg

I really like that colour scheme. Not a fan of the new colour schemes. I also really like the F800R (the naked one)

I find the BMWs a little expensive for what you get.

I am here with my 2009 R1200R... planning on Summerfest at Mosport as well! See you all there.

This is my second BMW. A great all-round machine, you can go down forest roads, or put in 1200KM days, as I did to get to Myrtle Beach in October, below. It looks kinda like a pile of angles, but they all work together to be a superb machine. And that big boxer is a treat.

blackbettyinfrontofhotelsm.jpg

I would consider the F800 a great commuter/city bike I wouldn't consider it a long distance tourer.

You would be suprised how capable of a mid/long distance tourer the F can be. On the F forum, LOTS of riders just slap on a tall windscreen, sargent seat, panniers, top box, raise the bars, and off they go. Many times two up.

Agreed though, still doesn't beat the bike below for touring. :)

I have the best bike I have ever ridden. 06 R1200GS
IMG_5558-1.jpg

To me this is the best bike I have ever had. I do everything with it from commuting to 1000 km days and it just keeps on working. Not had any final drive issues or servo problems... yet. The only bike I would trade this in for is a R1200GSA. I dont have a pic yet, but I have engine and tank guards on from Hepco & Becker.

I have become a big fan of the BMW quality gear as well, I have then Enduro helmet, winter pro 2 gloves and a new Rallye 3 jacket on the way, should be here in march. Quality of the gear is top notch.... should be for the price tag.

This is my second BMW. A great all-round machine, you can go down forest roads, or put in 1200KM days, as I did to get to Myrtle Beach in October, below. It looks kinda like a pile of angles, but they all work together to be a superb machine. And that big boxer is a treat.

blackbettyinfrontofhotelsm.jpg

Nice machines, guys. I *will* own a boxer some day.

I had my heart set on the R12R as it was the first BMW I "noticed".

On the F forum, LOTS of riders just slap on a tall windscreen, sargent seat, panniers, top box, raise the bars, and off they go. Many times two up.

Ehhh... you can do that to every bike though. Even a supersport turns into a real decent tourer if you raise the bars, change the seat, and throw on some luggage.

Back
Top Bottom