blackberry 10 | Page 73 | GTAMotorcycle.com

blackberry 10

No matter how you spin it, some Betty employees do in fact use Apple products.
(no worries - it's not the end of time)
Of course they do. BBM is cross platform, as is BlackBerry Blend, and BES12.

There are many demo vids by BlackBerry, demonstrating their software on rivals laptops and cellphones.

Much ado about nothing. Must be bored today, eh Gary?

Sent from my Passport

Of course they do. BBM is cross platform, as is BlackBerry Blend, and BES12.

There are many demo vids by BlackBerry, demonstrating their software on rivals laptops and cellphones.

Much ado about nothing. Must be bored today, eh Gary?

Sent from my Passport

Bored? A little. Waiting for cogeco tech to make an appearance.
Also. Market action today (lately) has me seriously considering drastic action. Finger is very, very close to trigger.

edit: I must be extremely bored. I just bought a 4x8 Brunswick. Online. Sight unseen. LOL.

Last edited:
Samsung wants Blackberry.

Wow. Take a look at a one day chart - today's. Classic last half hour.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Smartphone company Samsung has recently approached BlackBerry Ltd to buy the company for as much as $7.5 billion, looking to gain access to its patent portfolio, according to a person familiar with the matter and documents seen by Reuters.

South Korea's Samsung proposed an initial price range of $13.35 to $15.49 per share, which represents a premium of 38 percent to 60 percent over BlackBerry's current trading price, the source said.

The offer price would imply an enterprise value of $6 billion to $7.5 billion for BlackBerry, assuming conversion of $1.25 billion of convertible debt, according to the documents.

Executives from the two companies, which are working with advisers, met last week to discuss a potential transaction, the source said, asking not to be identified because the conversations are private.

Representatives for BlackBerry declined to comment while Samsung could not be immediately reached for comment.

Last edited:

Wow. Take a look at a one day chart - today's. Classic last half hour.

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Smartphone company Samsung has recently approached BlackBerry Ltd to buy the company for as much as $7.5 billion, looking to gain access to its patent portfolio, according to a person familiar with the matter and documents seen by Reuters.

South Korea's Samsung proposed an initial price range of $13.35 to $15.49 per share, which represents a premium of 38 percent to 60 percent over BlackBerry's current trading price, the source said.

The offer price would imply an enterprise value of $6 billion to $7.5 billion for BlackBerry, assuming conversion of $1.25 billion of convertible debt, according to the documents.

Executives from the two companies, which are working with advisers, met last week to discuss a potential transaction, the source said, asking not to be identified because the conversations are private.

Representatives for BlackBerry declined to comment while Samsung could not be immediately reached for comment.

I hop they don't sell, especially for 7.5B.

It make sense that Samsung would want to buy the better technology. They recently secured BB's services to secure their lousy Knox security software, it only makes sense for them to buy the whole company and learn how to work with a real OS.

I told you to jump on shares when they were $6 a looooong time ago, now they're up 32% in a matter of hours....

Last edited:
Latest reply from the mothership (and the stock is dropping again..... )

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) ("BlackBerry") is aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry's policy is not to comment on rumors or speculation, and accordingly it does not intend to comment further.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/blackberry-samsung-acquisition-denial-2015-1#ixzz3Oq2LyTXw

Latest reply from the mothership (and the stock is dropping again..... )

BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY)(TSX:BB) ("BlackBerry") is aware of certain press reports published today with respect to a possible offer by Samsung to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry has not engaged in discussions with Samsung with respect to any possible offer to purchase BlackBerry. BlackBerry's policy is not to comment on rumors or speculation, and accordingly it does not intend to comment further.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/blackberry-samsung-acquisition-denial-2015-1#ixzz3Oq2LyTXw

Samsung will buy them.
That will give them the BB in for corporate and govt. business since BB is more secure.
Mix the BB OS with Android and Samsung makes hardware, easy fit and acquisition.
Samsung will have a large foot into corp and govt along with consumer market.

Samsung will buy them.
That will give them the BB in for corporate and govt. business since BB is more secure.
Mix the BB OS with Android and Samsung makes hardware, easy fit and acquisition.

Actually samsung wants a backup because android is not as open source as it used to be. They don't want to rely on anyone else to make software and want to control all of it which makes sense. BB should sell, but not at the price that's been listed right now considering BB has 3.5 billion in the bank with no debt. Deal should be around 13 billion in my opinion, but what do I know.

Samsung will buy them.

I think there is something brewing if not an outright buy.

Lots of high level BB executives from years past were poached and are now in Samsungs business mobile division. The recent announcement of Samsung ties with BB's BES system for security system is the beginning of things.

Also, the reports are of BB and Samsung talking for the past few weeks........ something is brewing for sure.

Last edited:
I think there is something brewing if not an outright buy.

Lots of high level BB executives from years past were poached and are now in Samsungs business mobile division. The recent announcement of Samsung ties with BB's BES system for security system is the beginning of things.

Also, the reports are of BB and Samsung talking for the past few weeks........ something is up for sure.

so would it be worth it to buy BB stocks?

I told you to jump on shares when they were $6 a looooong time ago, now they're up 32% in a matter of hours....

Thanks, but I'd rather sleep at night.
I'm glad for you that you're happy with all the shares you 'jumped on'.
Extreme volatility is good for you young guys!!

Now that the Samsung rumour is out of the way, I still think it's just a matter of time before QCOM takes a run at Betty.

Thanks, but I'd rather sleep at night.
I'm glad for you that you're happy with all the shares you 'jumped on'.
Extreme volatility is good for you young guys!!

Now that the Samsung rumour is out of the way, I still think it's just a matter of time before QCOM takes a run at Betty.

Crap Gary, we coulda cashed in all our shares before the big drop and been sailing on one of our yachts in the Carribean.

It's been over 2 years, are we still on BlackBerry 10? Apple and Android have moved on to newer versions of their OS.
BlackBerry 10 is the name of the OS, like iOS or Android for their respective brands.

Current version on most devices is 10.2.1

10.3.1 is the next update (February)
Currently on the Classic and Passport is 10.3.0

The 2nd and 3rd place digit are the updates. iOS just increments in whole numbers.

10.1 to 10.2 to 10.3 are 3 OS updates to 'BlackBerry 10' in 2 years. More or less on par with the other big names. Still a work in progress.

It's been over 2 years, are we still on BlackBerry 10? Apple and Android have moved on to newer versions of their OS.
Bawhawhawhawhaaaaa

Tip for you: when you are absolutely clueless, it's best to say nothing....

Sent from my Passport

I'd rather ask questions to learn. So we discover that their naming scheme for their os isn't the best.
I agree with you there, there were some issues with naming the new OS, originally it was supposed to be BBX, or BlackBerry X. Trademarks/copyrights were an issue.

So they went from their previous legacy naming (BlackBerry 4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 7.0) and jumped straight to BlackBerry 10.

Android still uses food afaik (kit kat, key lime pie, honeycomb, etc) for code names and releases 4.1, 4.4, etc.

I know apple used German tanks for their OSX line (panther, mountain lion, etc) with releases. Not sure if there's anything for iOS.

Either way, the best of all of this is BlackBerry finally have 1 OS for all devices, that all get updated at the same time. The carrier is still the hold up in North America. Apple from day 1 bypassed the carrier for OS updates and for the most part has been a good thing.

I'd rather ask questions to learn. So we discover that their naming scheme for their os isn't the best.

"Different" doesn't imply "better or worse".

Traditionally, whole-number revisions applied to major overhauls or complete rewrites, and the decimal-number revisions applied to smaller changes. What's on my Z10 is actually called 10.2.1.3062.

Back
Top Bottom