Bike Mechanics 101 With Pegassus (For Noobs) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Mechanics 101 With Pegassus (For Noobs)

just wondering if you grease your shoe laces...they have to side through the holes you know!!, i love this thread..i know mechanics and dude your not one..now get back to work..can you give me a bigmac and a large fry .please.

If you take that thing through any mud or water its your swingarm and linkage bearings that you should have been geasing.

As far as you axles.......I put some gease on mine when I change my wheels. But its not really for the wheel spinning on the axle.......thats what bearings are for......most of which these day are sealed.

The wheels spin in the air? The axel sticks I greased in the pics are what the wheels spin around on, they certainly need grease. I've seen excavator arms being greased every morning by the operators, now do you think a bike axel doesn't grind against the axis of the wheels way more than an excavator arms swings back and forth?

HAHA!:D

you can't be serious right...?

. Lubing the axle is to help you remove it... Your "AXLE" supports your "WHEEL BEARINGS" in turn spins the wheel...

Those are exactly what I greased when I said "axels", the bearings, learn to read between the lines people.

axles and wheel bearings are two very different things.

another things, how long has it been since you replaced your chain & sprockets?

Come on guys. He can't even spell pegasus.

The thread would make a reasonable Saturday Night Live skit tho.

Secondly, I can't think of a single bit of "maintenance" you should be doing in which you should need a hammer. If you need a hammer, you are probably doing something wrong.

Oh c'mon fellers, how ya gonna take dems cross screws out if that darn cross screwdriver don't werk?....with a hammer!

Best laugh I've had today. Replies are truly funny.

With the exception of Mr. Pegassus, you guys all have a great sense of humour.

Thanks for all your good replies.

Robert

Aside from some of the scary advice from the poster since his bike is obviously either a dual sport or offroad the easiest way to work on that is with a motocross stand. You can pick one up for about $60.00. Of course it only works on dirt bikes.

I am sure he is joking about everythign else but I must say form the few pics he showed thta bike does look nasty

this thread should be titled "JUST FOR LAUGH" of channel 44 by rogers.

Thanks for the info, it may not be applicable to my bike, but it may be usefull at some point in time...ie, in situations where I may have to use it.

You forgot the most important tool...you're so stupid. Now where's my duct tape, I need to patch a tire.

ian

Everybody was far too polite to mention the two adjustable wrenches. Also don't dip your "axel sticks" in the grease tube as this will transfer old grease and dirt to the new grease ready to pooch your "wheel axis" when you get around to lubricating them:p

Back
Top Bottom