Best dual sport or something along those lines? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best dual sport or something along those lines?

Yeah, I saw that stickered out bike on Kijiji, as well... lol, don't worry though, ajaxguy, you're way closer to buying than I am right now so I won't be stealing any out from under you. :)

Especially after reading a bit more, I'm starting to consider a used WR.

Lol im not worried... i sold my bike last night with a tear in my eye, but i do have the cash and am ready.

Lol im not worried... i sold my bike last night with a tear in my eye, but i do have the cash and am ready.

Oh yeah, well congrats. My parents always had a plaque hanging in their boat that said this. Motorcycles seem a little harder to part with. I'm sure you'll have way more fun with your kids either way. Don't forget to post up your new ride in here!

1729bo2.jpg

Oh yeah, well congrats. My parents always had a plaque hanging in their boat that said this. Motorcycles seem a little harder to part with. I'm sure you'll have way more fun with your kids either way. Don't forget to post up your new ride in here!

1729bo2.jpg

I have owned many bikes and never really get attached but for some reason this one I did... but the enjoyment I will have with my kids and a new motorcycle experience will make me happy!

1729bo2.jpg
I've also heard that saying as well from my parents! All I know is that I heard of boat ownership is like a money pit... hahaha. I haven't really met any happy boat owners.

Boat ownership a pit of money? Pfft.

Try horses.

Tell me about it. I have spent more money in the last two years on horses than I have in my entire life on bikes. (20 yrs)

Back on topic.

I wouldn't touch either of those DRZs. The Husky would chew up a DRZ but part availabilty is a big problem. Not many dealers around and they are a high maintenance bike like KTM. You could lose a summer waiting for parts as a friend of mine did waiting for a 2-stroke piston. That'll only get worse as KTM bought Husky and they are now basically rebadged Husabergs.

The TW200 has a giant rear tire??...no, my BW200 has a GIANT rear tire!! 

Tell me about it. I have spent more money in the last two years on horses than I have in my entire life on bikes. (20 yrs)

Back on topic.

I wouldn't touch either of those DRZs. The Husky would chew up a DRZ but part availabilty is a big problem. Not many dealers around and they are a high maintenance bike like KTM. You could lose a summer waiting for parts as a friend of mine did waiting for a 2-stroke piston. That'll only get worse as KTM bought Husky and they are now basically rebadged Husabergs.

so stay away from those drz's but in general drz is a good choice right? The guy is coming to pick up my R1 tonight lol and next will be the DRZ i think.... biiiiig change!!!

Yeah. You should be able to find one with under 15k on it for those prices. Just keep a close eye on Kijiji. You got lots of time till spring to wait for a deal.

this is true... these guy asking 5 gs is nuts!! they were like 6gs brand new werent they?

7 I think. I got mine when it was 3 years old with about 10k on it for $4300. Was pretty mint and used as an in-town commuter before I got my hands on it.

Was 08 and up a better bike?

If you're only going to have one bike, and you want to trail ride, I'd buy the S model not the Sm. It actually has real off-road tire/rims 21"&18", and a couple of extra inches of suspension. Just my 02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're only going to have one bike, and you want to trail ride, I'd buy the S model not the Sm. It actually has real off-road tire/rims 21"&18", and a couple of extra inches of suspension. Just my 02

I hear that... but I dont think my trail riding will be that intense that i will need that extra clearance. I will look into that though.

Id look for a WR450 and convert it to a supermoto if I was in your shoes. You will have reliability of the WR250/DRZ but KTMish performance. It would be an incredible hooligan bike on the road, rubber would probably be fine for offroad with your kids and if you wanted, dirt wheels would be an easy swap.

Once I get more miles under my belt on my WR250X, that is what I plan on doing.

Last edited:
Id look for a WR450 and convert it to a supermoto if I was in your shoes. You will have reliability of the WR250/DRZ but KTMish performance. It would be an incredible hooligan bike on the road, rubber would probably be fine for offroad with your kids and if you wanted, dirt wheels would be an easy swap.

Once I get more miles under my belt on my WR250X, that is what I plan on doing.

so converting that to a supermoto would be a matter of just swapping the tires? also, how much maintenance comes with these bikes? I do like the looks.

Depends how legal you want it. Stock is off-road only lighting. Would need signals, horn, mirrors, speedo, etc. if you can get it past service ontario. In 2007 the govt banned blue plating off road bikes, not impossible, but pretty iffy. Besides blue plating dirt bikes is done to get trail to trail not to commute.

Back
Top Bottom