Best Burger Joint? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Best Burger Joint?

Which Golden Star are you referring to? The one on Jane just north of the 401?
I've been there and my impression of that place is that their sanitation leaves a lot to be desired.

Zets is still #1 for me but with all the posts regarding Burgers Priest I'm going to have to check them out...

Which Golden Star are you referring to? The one on Jane just north of the 401?
I've been there and my impression of that place is that their sanitation leaves a lot to be desired.

Zets is still #1 for me but with all the posts regarding Burgers Priest I'm going to have to check them out...

No thats not it. Golden Star is on Yonge St. just north of Steeles.

Burger's Priest at Queen/Coxwell. Greasy as **** flat top burgers done right. Eat it right away!

Big Smoke Burger aka Craft Burger at King/Portland. The Craft Spicy (Dunno if the name's changed) is my burger of choice here. Good burgers, good rings.

It's pretty close to where Learning Curves holds their safety course; we dined like kings there on the Saturday of our course. Make sure to order the priest. Delicious!

I happened to come across Burger Priest yesterday and I remembered this thread. What a disappointment.

A dripping medium cooked patty does not make a good burger folks. It was pretty bland, the cheese was processed, the toppings were merely symbolic, and it was all let down by a 5 cent bun. So many places don't understand the importance of a good bun. Just looking at the burger on the Zet's website I can tell it's junk.

I prefer Harevey's Great Canadian (which is how I bumped into Burger Priest).

But the burger to beat is still Grind House in front of MEC. Royal Meats sounds promising.

I vote the Burger Shack, on Eglinton near Avenue.

Awesome homemade banquet, decent souvlaki too.

I kinda just like Licks mostly..the Royal Burger place on Kipling is good too.

FIVE GUYS on Warden/Eglinton in Scarborough. New joint opened up this summer.

Currently my favourite burger place in all of Toronto + free peanuts while you wait =D. I highly recommend you sit down and eat the burger there while it's fresh. Plus it's orgasmally messy and sooh tasty!

Caledon Burger Company on Airport Road in Caledon East (just north of the traffic light on east side) is pretty good. They're expensive for a burger joint, though.
Loretto Inn on Hwy 50 serves a good burger. The place is a genuine dive, bike friendly, licensed and has a patio in summer.
The pub downstairs in the Terra Cotta Inn is good, good burger, great desserts.

Is Webers on highway 11 any good? I pass by it all the time on the way up to Muskoka, and see psycho lineups even before 11 am.

Last edited:
Is Webers on highway 11 any good? I pass by it all the time on the way up to Muskoka, and see psycho lineups even more 11 am.

They're alright. It's more tradition. Been passing by that place for 30 years..I stop in now and again. The line isn't worth it to me..I just carry on to the cottage.

Weber's definitely tradition alone. Tried them up north and at the airport a few years back. Meh. Hamilton just opened up a Union Burger on Centennial Parkway and a 5 guys burger up the mountain. Definitely on my to do list. Union Burger has a beer license as well? This one has WIN written all over it!

As far as fast food joints go, or just burgers made by restaurants in general, the best burger I've had is a Hardy's Thick Burger, Jalapeno and Cheese version. Truly delicious and probably as good as most "gourment" burgers at fancier restaurants, in fact, it is a gourmet burger. Problem is, none are in Canada afaik. Closest one is outside of Detroit heading west. If you ever do any touring in the south east US, like going to Deals Gap, check them out. :)

I tell you, after watching Adam Richman on some episodes of Man vs Food, I'm tempted to hop on the first plane down south to some of those establishments. I salivate watching some of those episodes!

As far as fast food joints go, or just burgers made by restaurants in general, the best burger I've had is a Hardy's Thick Burger, Jalapeno and Cheese version. Truly delicious and probably as good as most "gourment" burgers at fancier restaurants, in fact, it is a gourmet burger. Problem is, none are in Canada afaik. Closest one is outside of Detroit heading west. If you ever do any touring in the south east US, like going to Deals Gap, check them out. :)

The Thickburger definitely gets my vote for the best fast food burger. I usually put on a few pounds, when I take trips south.

Five guys.

I tell you, after watching Adam Richman on some episodes of Man vs Food, I'm tempted to hop on the first plane down south to some of those establishments. I salivate watching some of those episodes!

For real. After watching that show a couple of times, I just want to eat BBQ all day.

Saw this thread and went to Dangerous Dan's for dinner, SOOOO good :)

Back
Top Bottom