Bent frame.Need help please! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bent frame.Need help please!

I love these threads. Op the gram experts have spoken :rolleyes:

I'd have someone at a shop look at it and if they give you the green light that it's ok then fix it up if you want to keep it. Calling it a death trap is a little dramatic at this point

It's not a damage thread until someone goes all caps with the possibility of CATASTROPHIC failure.

I love these threads. Op the gtam experts have spoken :rolleyes:

I'd have someone at a shop look at it and if they give you the green light that it's ok then fix it up if you want to keep it. Calling it a death trap is a little dramatic at this point
There will be no shop that will give him "the green light", they can be liable if something happens and he kills himself.

I bent my subframe on my race bike (aluminium) and very carefully bent it back into place, it is easy to do and as long as you are careful there really isn't a problem.

However, for his peace of mind, once he does bend it back, he can bring it to a "gtam" approved guy like Dave at competition cycle etc and have them give it a once over in case the forks are bent or any other issues.

Pretty damn good job I must say, my tail fit a lot better afterwards :)

Last edited:
That's what I meant. They can at least say it's not worth saving everything is bent or you need a new subframe. I'd be having it looked at was the only point.

yeah..tht's what I'm gonna go do....the plastics fit on well eneough but I'll cal up Dave and see...

I'm not saying the frame is a death trap but other potential issues that may have been overlooked like forks, brakes, pinch fuel line etc. Op never said how he crashed so how are we to know what else could be damaged. If op is a new rider its easy to overlook issues.

yeah..tht's what I'm gonna go do....the plastics fit on well eneough but I'll cal up Dave and see...

I'm calling Dave, telling him to tell you it's f***ed and then you can sell it to me ;)

Save your money for next season and get the R3

If I am to get as new bike it'll be an SS...won't bother with the lil ones..lol..but I do intend to restore it by myself....I'll show some before and after pics when done..

Ha, got more pics of the bike after the procedure? ;)

yeah just bend it back, its just subframe

though I never took anyone on the back due to the possibility of compromised structural integrity. I'm willing to risk it but not anyone elses life.
2x4 might not be strong enough tho, i used a large metal pipe and the pipe still bent a bit. ymmv
430156_10150731289346539_1686236915_n.jpg

425581_10150731287701539_93851746_n.jpg

ah crap, no i don't. it was more or less straight again if you looked from the same angle again. might not have been perfect, but you wouldnt be able to see unless you were looking really hard

Back
Top Bottom