Bent frame.Need help please! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bent frame.Need help please!

Bend it back into shape and it will be just fine. I wouldn't really worry about structural integrity either, as steel is malleable and doesn't fatigue easily. If it were aluminum, then you'd definitely need a replacement. When you do it, my suggestion would be to set the bike on a rear stand and take measurements as you're straightening. Distance between both sides of the swing arm and the equivalent side of the subframe, that kind of stuff. Eyeballing it isn't enough to make sure it's properly done.

Be aware though that it will need some of force, the subframe is designed to hold about 300lbs of weight, if not more.

2 up with a fat chick. Not even once. Let this be a lesson to others.
lol

ib250CNBjKQNmi.jpg

Last edited:
Or get a used damaged frame that has a good subframe, cut off the subframes and weld the good one on....if you can't straighten it.

Just bend it back, if the plastics fit you're gold.
Use bolts & screws in the plastic as a reference point

Insurance claim if you have collision. That is why you pay for it.

Because everyone wants to have an at fault single vehicle accident on their record so they can pay more than the bike is worth every year for the next 6 years or so.

Cut it off, make a street fighter or cafe racer :)

Or sell it to me and I'll have a toy to build over winter.
Ninja 300 right? PM me a price.

ahem rider " cough" error...

I have stripped off all the plastics...bike starts up without any hesitation...I'm going to see how I can straighten it...the subframe is bent yes....everything else ( barring cosmetics) is ok
How do you know? Did someone professional say or just you? I'd get the whole thing looked at by someone with a trained eye before coming to a conclusion. You could be riding a death trap. personally I'd cut my loss and sell it to one of the guys on here that wants it. Move on to something else.

How do you know? Did someone professional say or just you? I'd get the whole thing looked at by someone with a trained eye before coming to a conclusion. You could be riding a death trap. personally I'd cut my loss and sell it to one of the guys on here that wants it. Move on to something else.

Not everyone is made of money to just throw away a perfectly good bike on the off chance the whole frame may be bent. Why would it be a death trap? You take measurements of key points to check the frame is square and that's it. There's no need to panic.

I love these threads. Op the gtam experts have spoken :rolleyes:

I'd have someone at a shop look at it and if they give you the green light that it's ok then fix it up if you want to keep it. Calling it a death trap is a little dramatic at this point

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom