BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc" | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

BAD REVIEW "Rosey Toes Motorcycles Inc"

To be fair, unless things have changed drastically over there they don't really have a customer reception area or anything either. It can be unclear if they even know you're there lol

It's the covid era, you just don't go walkabouts into any business lol. I get screened before entering the local Metro supermarket, it is what it is. I'm sure Ted's phone still rings if there is no-one visible.

To be fair, unless things have changed drastically over there they don't really have a customer reception area or anything either. It can be unclear if they even know you're there lol
Usually the door was open so they could see you standing there, and possibly hear your bike/truck coming.

Took a couple of old bikes in a couple of times, and the work was well done.

It's never good for a company to allow customers into a work facility. It's dangerous and can be very unproductive. You were wrong to go into the shop.

No it's common sense.

I don't go walking into the bakery at Loblaws, or into an active construction worksite.
Has no bearing on shouting at a customer. If you don't want people to enter certain areas then post it.

And btw, construction sites certainly have posted signs, loblaws i dunno...but they should too.

It's the covid era, you just don't go walkabouts into any business lol. I get screened before entering the local Metro supermarket, it is what it is. I'm sure Ted's phone still rings if there is no-one visible.
if there's screening procedures or what not then its beholden on the business to make that apparent. Onus isn't on the customer to guess what's going on.

Insurance normally doesnt cover customers in the shop. That is why most shops have doors/signs/chains. Obviously they didnt handle it in a great way.
bingo.

if there's screening procedures or what not then its beholden on the business to make that apparent. Onus isn't on the customer to guess what's going on.
Dude its the middle of a pandemic, common sense.... not so common.

Ohh the bad man yelled at me :)

He should grow a pair, lots of ppl will end up yelling at him for riding a bike.

Let me come walking into your working environment, let me see what your reaction would be.

Man ppl nowadays, so ******* entitled. Use your noggin once in a blue moon.

I can see both sides. Common sense suggests don’t go into an area that is conducting potentially dangerous work. Insurance for a company can be a b****. On the other side not every shmo understands that side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Dude its the middle of a pandemic, common sense.... not so common.
uhhh...we're talking about the same level of people who pack a Costco during said pandemic right? Yeah OK, big believer in common sense here.

Ohh the bad man yelled at me :)

He should grow a pair, lots of ppl will end up yelling at him for riding a bike.

Let me come walking into your working environment, let me see what your reaction would be.

Man ppl nowadays, so ******* entitled. Use your noggin once in a blue moon.
There's a clear process at the front of our business. About 5 'read before enter notices', put on a mask before entering, stand on yellow square for temp test, sign in, wait for person to come bring you in. You`re hand held from entry to exit. Want to come wander upstairs to 'my work environment' after all that? be my guest.

Point being, the business takes the health of the employee AND the visitor extremely seriously. We don't leave **** to chance, we don't leave it for them to use their 'common sense' to decide what or what isn't appropriate. I wouldn't expect any less from any other business that's running, within their obvious means to do so.

There's a clear process at the front of our business. About 5 'read before enter notices', put on a mask before entering, stand on yellow square for temp test, sign in, wait for person to come bring you in. You`re hand held from entry to exit. Want to come wander upstairs to 'my work environment' after all that? be my guest.
Obviously you've never visited Ted's alleyway before, it sounds almost as identical to your fort knox working environment.

Obviously you've never visited Ted's alleyway before, it sounds almost as identical to your fort knox working environment.
Did once, didn't care enough to remember much it seems.

That being said, did the business do all they could (should?) have done? Doesn't sound like it.

I don't see the point in keeping expectations low. ITS A PANDEMIC, remember?

You’re not going to get offered a low fat latte there sprinkled with pixie dust and unicorn tears.

It’s a repair shop…it’s hot so the doors are open. That doesn’t mean you walk in without being invited.

Now get off my lawn !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Resurrection of a 2012 thread but pre Covid at Ted's I have stood next to the guy putting on new tires and chatted with Ted out of the sun. Don't forget Covid tension. Remember being able to get over a bad day by heading to a bar and hoisting a few with friends.

Things change. A Covid cop may have dropped in and issued a warning. The same with an insurance underwriter. Maybe the mechanic had some tools go missing. Ted's shop is minimalist and there isn't indoor storage for customer bikes. But unlike many shops Ted will work on just about anything.

I dropped my bike off at the back of another shop and was bluntly told to walk around to the front office, not forty feet through the shop. It was a strip mall so it was more than a few steps.

Did once, didn't care enough to remember much it seems.

That being said, did the business do all they could (should?) have done? Doesn't sound like it.

I don't see the point in keeping expectations low. ITS A PANDEMIC, remember?

Walk into any bike shop workshop uninvited in Toronto and you'll get the same response.

You should reach out to Ted on social media and give him a few pointers :)

No it's common sense.

I don't go walking into the bakery at Loblaws, or into an active construction worksite.
Common sense is gone. Have had so many people walk into an active construction site in Toronto it’s not even funny.

Even recently we fenced off an entire block and I’ve found people walking inside because they don’t want to walk the extra 50ft around so they pop open the fast fence and waltz on through.

Old man yelled at me because ‘I want to go this way, not all the way around. Let me in!’

As for Ted…no complaints. I’m happy with the service I’ve had there over the years.

You go to Cuba you don’t expect to be treated like you’re in the Bahamas.

Walk into any bike shop workshop uninvited in Toronto and you'll get the same response.

You should reach out to Ted on social media and give him a few pointers :)
Ted got $100 from me, we're good.

Went there to inquire about fixing my bike. Before I could ask a question I was yelled at by a mechanic. “Don’t come in the shop”. Then he tried to ask me what I wanted. I turned around and left. What an awful way to greet and treat customers.
I'm on the fence with this one.
See so many replies expecting actions from the business or common sense from the OP. Yet the post is pretty limited.
Here is my take,
first we see "yelled at" was that yelling due to noise in the shop and wanted to ensure they are being heard or yelling as an aggressive tone to intimidate? Was the OP already in the shop, about to enter the shop or just standing and waiting?
Then we see "ask me what I wanted" which would lead me to think the yelling was potentially due to noise and/or distance.
Lastly we see "I turned around and left" leaving no room for an apology/explanation as to this "yelling" or for the OP to respond.
In closing it seems that the OP had an expectation of service upon entering, once it was not achieved, they left. Both parties potentially at fault.
While I agree that business have a responsibility to have clear and visible instructions there is no mention of any signs or lack thereof in the original post.

Last edited:
Re the yelling..... Suck it up buttercup.
As for going where he wasn't supposed to go. He learned something. Use it.

Back
Top Bottom