Anyone miss riding yet? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone miss riding yet?

I miss riding like CRAZY.. I have finally after YEARS of rehab healed to the point where I can ride again.. so this season could not begin sooner.. I am getting a new bike as well so very excited for that. I do not currently own a bike so I am planning on getting a ZX6R or 675R. Soonish. For the meanwhile I am just checking out all the Motovlog's on YouTube. Just found a guy called 6foot4honda apparently from Toronto.. lol.. Watching others ride is helping.

What happened if you don't mind me asking? I definitely feel you, I couldn't ride for 2 months and was quite sad. When I finally got on the bike, I was so happy I forgot about the speed limit lol

...get one of these, use it to improve your fitness for motorcycling season.
509320d1262476224-surly-pugsley-dsc_0030.jpg

Missed it before the first snowfall - counting the days until I can put her back on the road. Dying....

You could eat off my bikes, dirt bike might be a bit gritty. I take great pride in my vehicles and it shows. Before every weekend my bikes are washed, even during the weekend they get cleaned and waxed. If I see a dirty race bike I immideatly think that person is not serious about what they're doing.

When I go ride my dirtbike you can instantly spot the weekend warrior that does no maintanence on thier bike, it's dirty when they roll it off the truck. Almost nobody shows up to a MX race with a dirty bike. If it's dirty it hasn't been maintained properly for that race.

Not going to rain for 3-4 days, truck gets washed (winter is different).

Not it everyone is this way but suggesting they're any less a rider because their stuff is clean (not that you did) is redonkulous.
I understand that but suggesting someone doesn't do maintenance because the bike is not perfectly clean is also ridiculous (and I know that is not what you are saying)

I use my bike to go to work, so to me it seems weird to wash your bike (removing the fairings etc) every time.

I am not so sure why people are getting so ****** in this thread, I don't think I am insulting someone by saying a bike is an object and objects get dirty.

Meh

I understand that but suggesting someone doesn't do maintenance because the bike is not perfectly clean is also ridiculous (and I know that is not what you are saying)

I use my bike to go to work, so to me it seems weird to wash your bike (removing the fairings etc) every time.

I am not so sure why people are getting so ****** in this thread, I don't think I am insulting someone by saying a bike is an object and objects get dirty.

Meh

Fairing removal on a street bike just to wash it is over the top and unnecessary IMHO. I also used to put my bike away before they salted the roads too.

A dirty race bike is unmaintained. A dirty road bike is one that's heavily ridden.

油井緋色;2260857 said:
What happened if you don't mind me asking? I definitely feel you, I couldn't ride for 2 months and was quite sad. When I finally got on the bike, I was so happy I forgot about the speed limit lol

Not at all dude.. I tore a muscle in my shoulder. It was pretty severe, there was not too much muscle left to reattach so its been stretched. It took a long while to get it working properly again. Its never going to be perfect again, but it works and I can't stay off bikes. Its just something I had to admit to myself. Now I am going online and just researching the heck out of any bike that interests me. I am going crazy basically. :laughing5: But in a good way. I hope I don't forget the speed limit, but I truly miss the feeling of riding..

...get one of these, use it to improve your fitness for motorcycling season.
509320d1262476224-surly-pugsley-dsc_0030.jpg

I started using a bicycle again last year as practice for my right arm, and also for health and weight loss. It worked very well. Isn't that a beach cruiser? lol.. I just bought a mountain bike from crappytire..

...its a "Fatbike"
...XL 4" wide tires act like snowshoes, great for riding on snowy trails or in ravines

Just stay off the sled trails. I almost killed some fool last year riding up a hill on the wrong side of the trail going the wrong direction on a one way while he was getting his winter cardio in.

So you ride from July to maybe September?

Cool

It could be May to October or more but that wouldn't fit your agenda, would it? Personally, I ride down to 5c for street cred.

You guys must have a lot of free time if washing vehicles is so important to you. If I washed all 3 of my vehicles every weekend I'd be doing nothing else. As it is I basically never wash them because if it's nice enough to wash them outside, it's nice enough to just go for a ride, instead. Most I do is an occasional wipe down with Plexus or Pledge or something like maybe twice a year when I think it's looking especially grimy.

thanks Mina, don't know i would recognize you but you KNOW my bikes look like crap and i dont wash them.
ps-that photo was actually taken in a car wash before i rinsed it off.
i guess my humour was missed-if you want to polish a dual sport there are no fairings to take off, means less cleaning time, means more riding time.
i commute year round when i can, my bike gets 60mpg, my cage 30. run heated vest and gloves. i am old, outta shape and lazy but my bike is maintained as good or better than any amateur trackbike. could i eat off the rocker cover? wouldnt care too.

Fairing removal on a street bike just to wash it is over the top and unnecessary IMHO. I also used to put my bike away before they salted the roads too.

A dirty race bike is unmaintained. A dirty road bike is one that's heavily ridden.
Exactly, a dirty race bike is bad news, a dirty street bike = regular use.

It could be May to October or more but that wouldn't fit your agenda, would it? Personally, I ride down to 5c for street cred.
My agenda lol. If you leave home anytime before 8am in June ain't going to be 10 degrees unless we live in different countries. Now if morning for you starts late then sure.

People are cranky and this isn't even a bad winter :)

My agenda lol. If you leave home anytime before 8am in June ain't going to be 10 degrees unless we live in different countries. Now if morning for you starts late then sure.

People are cranky and this isn't even a bad winter :)

My aPaulogees, I thought you we're rejigging the numbers in order to humiliate one of our sports beloved elder statesmen.

You guys must have a lot of free time if washing vehicles is so important to you. If I washed all 3 of my vehicles every weekend I'd be doing nothing else. As it is I basically never wash them because if it's nice enough to wash them outside, it's nice enough to just go for a ride, instead. Most I do is an occasional wipe down with Plexus or Pledge or something like maybe twice a year when I think it's looking especially grimy.

It takes me 15min to wash and dry my bike....

Damn I miss riding.
I got left-hander-SMIDSY'd in September, I was able to ride home after I had relocated my ankle
Suffice it to say a broken ankle and crushed knee means I can't ride until April.
Gathering repair parts for the bike and will be rebuilding when the garage warms a bit.

Speedy recovery
Damn I miss riding.
I got left-hander-SMIDSY'd in September, I was able to ride home after I had relocated my ankle
Suffice it to say a broken ankle and crushed knee means I can't ride until April.
Gathering repair parts for the bike and will be rebuilding when the garage warms a bit.

Damn I miss riding.
Sorry to here that cuz. Hope your wife didn't get hit as well. You're gonna have to start coming to the track with me, where its safer. :)

Back
Top Bottom