Anyone miss riding yet? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone miss riding yet?

油井緋色;2260495 said:
Maybe if I got into boarding and became good at it I would enjoy it but I'm stuck at home playing video games!
Snowboarding here sucks anyways. Get this. It's like a semi happy in the middle

2ae56d688c8954f05b5690cf15cbc807.jpg

油井緋色;2260744 said:
My post came out wrong lol meant anywhere in the socal region.

LOL.. SoCal is pretty good to ride in.. Whereabouts in socal is your buddy located? For me its the Cabrillo hwy from Monterey south.. good ride.. Will be a good 5 hours of the most scenic and twisty roads ever.. Plus you can stop in all the small strips on the way and grab some food.. There were some serious wild fires and **** last time I was through there.. You could smell the smoke of it while passing through Big Sur.. was a few years ago though..

I miss riding like CRAZY.. I have finally after YEARS of rehab healed to the point where I can ride again.. so this season could not begin sooner.. I am getting a new bike as well so very excited for that. I do not currently own a bike so I am planning on getting a ZX6R or 675R. Soonish. For the meanwhile I am just checking out all the Motovlog's on YouTube. Just found a guy called 6foot4honda apparently from Toronto.. lol.. Watching others ride is helping.

I started to miss riding when I was still riding.

I was on it well into December but it just wasn't the same. Traction was iffy, it was cold and I was bundled up like that kid on A Christmas Story ("I can't put my arms down!") I was riding but I wasn't really enjoying it as much as when the snow is gone, the roads are salt- and sand-free and things are greening up.

Only 64 days until the start of spring...

*checks*

Nope, I'm not dead yet.

Okay, I can confirm I miss riding.

Careful with those broad strokes.

Not all of us "go to tims", some of us don't like riding in the rain because of safety and/or the amount of cleaning that needs to be done. Last time I went riding in the rain, I had to take all my fairings off to clean all the dirty water stains all over my fairings and inner chassis; this is addition to the giant "skidmark" up the back of my leathers (which contradicts your whole "spend more in cleaning products" dig). Some people might enjoy hours of cleaning after a ride but I'd prefer not to. I'm not riding for endurance, I am riding for my personal pleasure. And I've ridden plenty in sub zero temperatures... without any heated gear.
Do you wash your car every time you drive in the rain?

It is an object, objects get dirty when you use them, quick wash and move on

Last edited:
Nope.

I just did 300km on the motorcycle today; Mississauga to Lewiston NY and back, then Mississauga to downtown Toronto and back. Awwwsome day for riding!

No, I don't and that's a personal preference of mine. But my car is a hell of a lot easier to wash and clean than my motorcycle is; maybe it's the colour scheme (white) but that **** shows after a good rain and it gets everywhere. Being a person who doesn't do it half-assed, quick doesn't apply.

Anyway, this is really becoming a nuisance to the thread. Instead of people going after other types of riders and trying to have a dick race about who's superior, why don't we actually try to foster a positive community and maybe try to grow our numbers through that? Hell, even those people who go to Timmies to showboat their bikes; sure, in my opinion it's not the way I'd do things but they aren't any less valid.

No, I don't and that's a personal preference of mine. But my car is a hell of a lot easier to wash and clean than my motorcycle is; maybe it's the colour scheme (white) but that **** shows after a good rain and it gets everywhere. Being a person who doesn't do it half-assed, quick doesn't apply.

Anyway, this is really becoming a nuisance to the thread. Instead of people going after other types of riders and trying to have a dick race about who's superior, why don't we actually try to foster a positive community and maybe try to grow our numbers through that? Hell, even those people who go to Timmies to showboat their bikes; sure, in my opinion it's not the way I'd do things but they aren't any less valid.

Youre right of course but it is the percentages you are fighting. This forum has a high degree of young sportbike guys. More than a lot of other forums. Young guys, especially young sportbike guys, are often trying to puff out their chests and be a Peacock to find their place. It's natural and you have to laugh it off. We've all been there at some point.

Last edited:
油井緋色;2260744 said:
My post came out wrong lol meant anywhere in the SoCal region.

Of course but I couldn't resist. ;)

back to the topic. yep. been planning the next big trip all winter. picked up a couple smaller camping supplies and started packing them in my panniers with clothes just to have something to do. got a dry bag in the basement sitting there waiting for a little warmth so i can strap it to the bike and look at it..then take it off..and bring it back home..

watched long way down and long way round. that didnt help the fix. just made it worse. now im jonesing and itching

google mapping the same stupid route fifty different ways to sunday.

taking the gps in and out of its bag. rok strapping myself to the chair.

is it spring yet

...wat about now

In this sport you need to learn to manage your situations psychologically because everything is in flux. If you can't ride for whatever reason don't think of it as a lost opportunity but think of it as a blessing like the guy who missed AirAsia Flight 8501. That could have been the day you're pinned under a Hummer stuck in D.

You could eat off my bikes, dirt bike might be a bit gritty. I take great pride in my vehicles and it shows. Before every weekend my bikes are washed, even during the weekend they get cleaned and waxed. If I see a dirty race bike I immideatly think that person is not serious about what they're doing.

When I go ride my dirtbike you can instantly spot the weekend warrior that does no maintanence on thier bike, it's dirty when they roll it off the truck. Almost nobody shows up to a MX race with a dirty bike. If it's dirty it hasn't been maintained properly for that race.

Not going to rain for 3-4 days, truck gets washed (winter is different).

Not it everyone is this way but suggesting they're any less a rider because their stuff is clean (not that you did) is redonkulous.

Back
Top Bottom