Anyone into Photography? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone into Photography?

There’s something a bit more appealing about a hard copy print. In Montreal I saw an Ansel Adams black and white photo of Georgia O’Keefe that for me was better than any of the art I saw there.

One of my best bird shots ever was right from where I am having scones and coffee.
1710291307559.png

Did not even have to get up. An Audubon shot of a usually very flighty birds ...in lust.

babblers best.jpg

female had a skeptical look.
Screen Shot 2024-03-13 at Mar, 13    2024    10.44.46 AM.jpg

One of my best bird shots ever was right from where I am having scones and coffee.
1710291307559.png
Curious how does that combination work together, the bread, ketchup, and what looks like whip cream?

Not ketchup it is papaya jam with clotted cream and scones. Almost bought a jar for home.
1710307025541.png
Papaya is very red
1710307214979.png

Last edited:
Curious how does that combination work together, the bread, ketchup, and what looks like whip cream?

Clotted cream!!! Delicious stuff. I’ve seen it for sale over here a few times but you need to hunt for it. It’s worth trying but probably not regularly if you like your arteries.

Clotted cream!!! Delicious stuff. I’ve seen it for sale over here a few times but you need to hunt for it. It’s worth trying but probably not regularly if you like your arteries.
Thanks though unfortunately I am lactose sensitive. But I never really was a fan of creamy cheeses like cottage cheese and the likes.
Interesting combo all around.

A few more from my trip to Washington State, last October.

The Freemont Troll. Yes, that's a VW Bug under its left hand.

PA230287.JPG

A couple from Fort Flagler, on Marrowstone Island. This (and Fort Warden) is where, back in 2007, some of my friends shot "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising", at least in part. Some other films have been shot there, though I can't specifically remember what one of the park officials told me at the time. "An Officer and a Gentleman" was shot at Fort Warden, across the bay.

PA190127.JPG

PA190179.JPG

And one from Chaldea Studios where the web series "Chaldea" and many of the streaming shows put on by Zombie Orpheus Entertainment are staged.

PA170105.JPG

Really more just snapshots, but good memories :)

Attachments

• PA230287.JPG
    PA230287.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 0
A few more from my trip to Washington State, last October.

The Freemont Troll. Yes, that's a VW Bug under its left hand.

View attachment 66553

A couple from Fort Flagler, on Marrowstone Island. This (and Fort Warden) is where, back in 2007, some of my friends shot "The Gamers: Dorkness Rising", at least in part. Some other films have been shot there, though I can't specifically remember what one of the park officials told me at the time. "An Officer and a Gentleman" was shot at Fort Warden, across the bay.

View attachment 66554

View attachment 66555

And one from Chaldea Studios where the web series "Chaldea" and many of the streaming shows put on by Zombie Orpheus Entertainment are staged.

View attachment 66556

Really more just snapshots, but good memories :)

Nice.

I got my OM-1. Then, during the firmware update I temporarily bricked it. After a frantic web search I found the Olympus/OM systems service method to restore the firmware (which they don’t advertise forcing purchasers to send off their camera to OM systems). All good now. Nice camera, way better menu system but different to what I’m used to. No iAuto camera setting but that’s been rolled into the P setting I think. So many customization options it’s going to take a bit to set up.

By the way, not sure when you last looked up the firmware for your 100-400mm lens but there’s an update to that that improves manual focusing.

Nice.

I got my OM-1. Then, during the firmware update I temporarily bricked it. After a frantic web search I found the Olympus/OM systems service method to restore the firmware (which they don’t advertise forcing purchasers to send off their camera to OM systems). All good now. Nice camera, way better menu system but different to what I’m used to. No iAuto camera setting but that’s been rolled into the P setting I think. So many customization options it’s going to take a bit to set up.

By the way, not sure when you last looked up the firmware for your 100-400mm lens but there’s an update to that that improves manual focusing.
I checked for updates about 2 weeks ago, so presumably I've already got it. Thanks. There used to be a website that recommended the best default settings for various Oly gear but, for the life of me, I can't remember the author's name it wasn't Wong or Forsgard, though both of them are quite good too.

I checked for updates about 2 weeks ago, so presumably I've already got it. Thanks. There used to be a website that recommended the best default settings for various Oly gear but, for the life of me, I can't remember the author's name it wasn't Wong or Forsgard, though both of them are quite good too.

Wong is no longer an OM ambassador and is currently on a bit of a rampage against OM systems. Forsgard is good. He is making a bit of cash on the side by selling the customization file (as you can load these onto the OM-1 through the PC software). I found some free ones, I’ll play with a few and see what works. There’s new customizable buttons on the front of the camera that are convenient for finger placement that people use.

Wong is no longer an OM ambassador and is currently on a bit of a rampage against OM systems. Forsgard is good. He is making a bit of cash on the side by selling the customization file (as you can load these onto the OM-1 through the PC software). I found some free ones, I’ll play with a few and see what works. There’s new customizable buttons on the front of the camera that are convenient for finger placement that people use.
There's another Asian guy shooting in the UK who is pretty good, but I can't remember his name at the moment. I'll edit this post if I do.

Forsgard has a Facebook page. in addition to Youtube.

Found an Epson supertank wide format printer that uses refillable ink from bottles that is way more economical than the cartridge printers and also will survive lower usage rates without gumming up. It’s an all in one and has a usable scanner and a seperate ink for text so it will also do office work. It’s just under their pro series and Epson sells an official refurbished version to save a fair chunk of change. I think I’ll give it a try as it’s economically viable for anything bigger than 4x6. It will also print on thick board stock as it has a straight path rear feed. Lots of different media can be used so it’s pretty versatile. I figure if I get the technique down I can also print things out for neighbours/friends etc to help cover some of the cost.

You can paper the house in action motorcycle photos you take...and the travels. (y)
We have a couple prints of our photos
1711122213232.png
But can't justify a printer with 20k of photos running on multiple screens.
We use a commercial guy that does print and the shadow frames cost effectively. For small spaces on our ever dimishing wall space ...our prints are useful.

You can paper the house in action motorcycle photos you take...and the travels. (y)
We have a couple prints of our photos
View attachment 66763
But can't justify a printer with 20k of photos running on multiple screens.
We use a commercial guy that does print and the shadow frames cost effectively. For small spaces on our ever dimishing wall space ...our prints are useful.

I get that. I’m not super artistic but I want to see if I can do this because I want the whole process to be under my control. Taking the photo and printing it out and hanging it on a wall. I think it may be because I used to develop my own black and white film prints and loved that process.

I only have two prints of my own shots on my walls at home. One is a B&W shot of my niece, when she was only a few months old, laying on top of a huge teddy bear. The other is this shot that I took at the McMichael Gallery.

P2085379-159177911.JPG

I only have two prints of my own shots on my walls at home. One is a B&W shot of my niece, when she was only a few months old, laying on top of a huge teddy bear. The other is this shot that I took at the McMichael Gallery.

View attachment 66767

I’m going to slowly replace the generic art on the walls in the house because I found myself wondering why I had it up? I didn’t really have a connection to any of it. I think I’m getting old and overly sensitive.

Back
Top Bottom