Anyone here? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone here?

Interesting that the place most famous for its need for speed also has the best statistics regarding fatalities. Speaks volumes. Also refutes the countless logical fallacies put forth by the soap box brigade. #sorrynotsorry
The funny thing is that ordinary people don't seem to speed as much there as here, that I've seen. They're also tougher on speeding than we are: http://www.speedingeurope.com/germany/

have the OPP finally been forced to check their radar equipment for accuracy? I know it's a few months old now, but haven't heard anymore about it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/speeding-tickets-police-radar-testing-1.3415927

I'm not defending this idiots actions, but it could cast doubt on the case the OPP have against him. he could argue that inaccurate equipment was used to wrongfully accuse him.

Hi guys, its me. Dont worry i was just testing my 2016 zx10r.... conclusion, I'm gonna upgrade to Aprilia next season.

Edit: thanks NeilV for understanding it was just a quick rip through 2nd and third gear. Call me idiots all you want, but at least I'm not a hypocrite.

Last edited:
The funny thing is that ordinary people don't seem to speed as much there as here, that I've seen. They're also tougher on speeding than we are: http://www.speedingeurope.com/germany/

Yes, and no.

Let's put this in perspective for a moment. German license suspensions start at 1 month for 40-60kph over, with a fine from $230-360, roughly. By my math, 60 over with a limit of 130 is 190kph. Now I'm guessing this guy was doing nearly the same, as the article said nearly double the limit (not actually double nor WAY over 200 as the soapbox sensationalist persist) So let's look at what he faces for an assumed speed of 190kph. Automatic roadside suspension; couple thousand in tow and impound fees (before I continue, may I remind everyone, he hasn't even been convicted of anything yet); a $2000-$10,000 fine, plus 'victim' surplus charges; up to 2 year license suspension; and up to six months in jail. All this can be levied on a FIRST offense,

So who's really tougher? True in Germany there is no "accepted" amount of speeding, and you're very likely going to get pulled up for 10kph over, but then again 10 over is 140 and the fine is $22... Sounds pretty reasonable; and, you have somewhere where you can legally go as fast as you please should you want to, free of charge.

On a side, first time DUI... $1000 + 90 days and you're back on the road with an interlock. Priorities all muddled up....

edit: @Baggsy, this isn't really directed at you fyi

Last edited:
@Neil_V

When you say "up to 6 months in jail" what are the deciding factors in determining that?

JP's discretion I would assume. They likely look at your driving history and what the circumstances were.. Doubt anyone "Stunt speeding" (it is as ridiculous as it sounds :rolleyes:) will actually receive jail time, but the reality is, the legislation exists so it's within their power.

OK, fair enough, but what about the children?

Yes, and no.

Let's put this in perspective for a moment. German license suspensions start at 1 month for 40-60kph over, with a fine from $230-360, roughly. By my math, 60 over with a limit of 130 is 190kph. Now I'm guessing this guy was doing nearly the same, as the article said nearly double the limit (not actually double nor WAY over 200 as the soapbox sensationalist persist) So let's look at what he faces for an assumed speed of 190kph. Automatic roadside suspension; couple thousand in tow and impound fees (before I continue, may I remind everyone, he hasn't even been convicted of anything yet); a $2000-$10,000 fine, plus 'victim' surplus charges; up to 2 year license suspension; and up to six months in jail. All this can be levied on a FIRST offense,

So who's really tougher? True in Germany there is no "accepted" amount of speeding, and you're very likely going to get pulled up for 10kph over, but then again 10 over is 140 and the fine is $22... Sounds pretty reasonable; and, you have somewhere where you can legally go as fast as you please should you want to, free of charge.

On a side, first time DUI... $1000 + 90 days and you're back on the road with an interlock. Priorities all muddled up....

edit: @Baggsy, this isn't really directed at you fyi

Sure. But you'll need to read it again, rather than cherry pick.

They start dinging people there for 3 kph over. You lose your license for as low as 31 over. You also lose it if you're caught a second time going 25 over within two years of the first conviction.

Autobahn is only unlimited for about half of it. The rest is a 130 limit. 50 limit with adverse weather conditions.

So you can lose your license for doing 130+ on a highway, first time, which is much lower than your 190. They also had photo radar when I was there.

Don't forget, you can also lose your license for doing as little as 61 there in a 30 zone.

Some other countries are also harsher on speeding, but the big example is usually the one with the autobahn.

Last edited:
Sure. But you'll need to read it again, rather than cherry pick.

They start dinging people there for 3 kph over. You lose your license for as low as 31 over. You also lose it if you're caught a second time going 25 over within two years of the first conviction.

Autobahn is only unlimited for about half of it. The rest is a 130 limit. 50 limit with adverse weather conditions.

So you can lose your license for doing 130+ on a highway, first time, which is much lower than your 190. They also had photo radar when I was there.

Don't forget, you can also lose your license for doing as little as 61 there in a 30 zone.

Some other countries are also harsher on speeding, but the big example is usually the one with the autobahn.

I wasn't cherry picking :rolleyes: I was keeping my comparison as relevant as possible. So you bring up 31 over. That's still 161kph, and everything stated above is still valid.

As for 30 zones, please keep perspective. As I've stated over and over, there is a big distinction between speed and stupidity. I'd imagine the thirty is there for a reason; residential, school, whatever.. Photo radar? yup, get your face too; but you know, it's a damn fair trade off for having the ability to ride out to a derestricted zone and ride/drive as fast as you please... Balance, what a wonderful concept

Also, have done some research on this. First, outside of city limits the suspension threshold is jumps to 41 over, secondly, I believe you're mistaken on the adverse weather penalty. I'm pretty sure the table isn't applied from 50kph; in fact there is a separate fine entirely for going too fast for conditions.. I won't pretend I know this for sure, but I've seen it mentioned a couple places

OffenceEurosPoints
Driving at an excessive, inappropriate speed despite the fact that a danger spot is indicated, where the driver's view is restricted, at intersections, junctions, level crossings or in poor visibility or bad weather (e.g. fog or ice)1001
http://www.bmvi.de/SharedDocs/EN/Artikel/LA/schedule-of-fines.html?nn=159484#6

I think to keep everyone safe they should lower the speed limit on the 401 to 80km/h...meaning we know ppl will then push to 100km/h.
It's all for safety, crash at 80 is much better than crash at 120, just saying think of the kids ppl.

hmm we could setup auto systems that tags your plate then sends a signal to your car (now that they are more connected) to disable your car (once you parked) until your fine is payed.

Safety first, take the TTC.

Didn't Toronto have a shooting on a city bus recently?

I much rather die on a motorcycle then get shot on a bus. But that's just me :D

No, it was attempted murder.

I could have sworn I read something online about Toronto police shooting a guy on a city bus. Maybe my memory isn't as good as it use to be.

No, you're correct. The cop shot and killed the guy. Nine shots I believe. Attempted murder.

@Neil_V

When you say "up to 6 months in jail" what are the deciding factors in determining that?

I've seen people...women, get 30 days for a suspended license. It was the second or third conviction I believe. If you're a repeat offender and they feel you need to learn your lesson they may just lock your *** up over it. In Peel/Halton you'll likely just get sent to Maplehurst which is soft as hell (judging from the assclowns that come from there).

Back
Top Bottom