Anyone has RacingFor.me invite for me? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone has RacingFor.me invite for me?

Would love an invite.
I am really hurting for WSBK and Motogp since superseeds went down.
I have a few invites for xspeeds.eu if anyone is interested.

Hey Jamie, are you hosting your server locally or third party?
It's a VPS (virtual private server) hosted by a 3rd party. An amazing $15/mo for unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, and a FULL gigabit Ethernet connection (I can download torrents at 60mb/sec!). The upload speed (i.e. the speed YOU can download from it) isn't that great though, about 2mb/sec per connection (I think it's limited to that, because I can have 15 people all downloading at 2mb/sec each so it's not a capacity issue). Other than that, I'm as happy as a hobo with a ham sammich!

http://dreamhost.com/servers/vps/

-Jamie M.

It's a VPS (virtual private server) hosted by a 3rd party. An amazing $15/mo for unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, and a FULL gigabit Ethernet connection (I can download torrents at 60mb/sec!). The upload speed (i.e. the speed YOU can download from it) isn't that great though, about 2mb/sec per connection (I think it's limited to that, because I can have 15 people all downloading at 2mb/sec each so it's not a capacity issue). Other than that, I'm as happy as a hobo with a ham sammich!

http://dreamhost.com/servers/vps/

-Jamie M.

Nice, that's not bad at all. I've been entertaining the notion of renting a seed box too but just finding it hard to justify since I get by fine with my htpc doing the work. I'll peruse their packages though, thanks.

Thanks for the link!!

After Rogers telling me my signal level was too low to support the higher upload speed package for the last few months, they FINALLY came out and ran new cable lines!

On a slightly unrelated note, the modem they make you take for those crazy new speeds (Hitron something or other) absolutely sucks. I doesn't let you forward port 23, 80 or 8080 so there goes my home server! lol. Luckily it lets you put it into bridge mode (just uncheck "residential gateway" in the options), but my old Linksys WRT54GL wasn't up to the task :( Fired up a few torrents and the speed sucked, router rebooted itself eventually! lol.

So I downloaded DD-WRT x86 edition and loaded it on a spare dell core2duo 3.0ghz with dual gigabit network cards...

WOOT! Finally, fast upload speed :D

2640170919.png

Fired up tons of torrents at the same time, DD-WRT x86 was handling without breaking a sweat (3% cpu usage! lol), speeds were insane.

-Jamie M.

Thanks for the link!!

After Rogers telling me my signal level was too low to support the higher upload speed package for the last few months, they FINALLY came out and ran new cable lines!

On a slightly unrelated note, the modem they make you take for those crazy new speeds (Hitron something or other) absolutely sucks. I doesn't let you forward port 23, 80 or 8080 so there goes my home server! lol. Luckily it lets you put it into bridge mode (just uncheck "residential gateway" in the options), but my old Linksys WRT54GL wasn't up to the task :( Fired up a few torrents and the speed sucked, router rebooted itself eventually! lol.

So I downloaded DD-WRT x86 edition and loaded it on a spare dell core2duo 3.0ghz with dual gigabit network cards...

WOOT! Finally, fast upload speed :D

2640170919.png

Fired up tons of torrents at the same time, DD-WRT x86 was handling without breaking a sweat (3% cpu usage! lol), speeds were insane.

-Jamie M.

If you need high upload why don't you go on bell? They have 250/250.

Sent from my SH-02E using Tapatalk 2

If you need high upload why don't you go on bell? They have 250/250.
Not in my area they don't :( Phone lines here are very old, fastest upload I can get is 7mbps. I never found the DSL to be very reliable, and they usually block the ports my servers need (25, etc.).

Rogers has 250/250 as well, but it's fiber, no service in my area.

-Jamie M.

Last edited:
Looking for an invite to racingfor.me if anyone has one. I use to be a member of racing-underground. Right now i am currently an active member on multiple private trackers with terabytes of buffer on them. I have 3 seedboxes right one of them is a dedicated server with a 1 gigbait connection. I can provide proof of ratios, seedboxes, and speedtest. Would be grateful if anyone can help me out.

Ditched my wireless connection in favor of ethernet through power line

still looking for an invite.

Thanks

Looking for an invite to racingfor.me if anyone has one. I use to be a member of racing-underground. Right now i am currently an active member on multiple private trackers with terabytes of buffer on them. I have 3 seedboxes right one of them is a dedicated server with a 1 gigbait connection. I can provide proof of ratios, seedboxes, and speedtest. Would be grateful if anyone can help me out.

Check whatever e-mail account you had associated with racing-underground. When RU shut down, all members of RU were sent e-mail invitations to join racingfor.me. That's how I got my account.

I saw that Blacksheep from xspeeds is posting lots of RFM torrents on xspeeds.

Also to the people who have an upload speed of 1-2 Mb should not ask for an invite, because thats not enough to keep a good ratio.
I have a 4Mb home upload connection and it was as good as impossible to keep a good ratio, now have a 100Mb seedbox installed on my server and things are looking good.

Thanks again to toysareforboys for the invite.

I saw that Blacksheep from xspeeds is posting lots of RFM torrents on xspeeds.

Also to the people who have an upload speed of 1-2 Mb should not ask for an invite, because thats not enough to keep a good ratio.
I have a 4Mb home upload connection and it was as good as impossible to keep a good ratio, now have a 100Mb seedbox installed on my server and things are looking good.

Thanks again to toysareforboys for the invite.
You're welcome :) Your ratio is lookin good :D

I agree it's hard to keep a good upload ratio. If you set up the RSS feed it really helps, cause you'll be one of the first people to have the file.

Of course a seedbox is the ultimate solution :) Who are you using knalpot, if you don't mind me asking? I've been using dreamhost and for $15/mo unlimited storage and bandwidth, I couldn't be happier. The upload speeds could be better, 26mb/sec is about the fastest I've seen, approx 200mbps, but they promise gigabit up and down. Can't really complain for $15 though ;)

-Jamie M.

Renting cheapest server at OVH.nl

10euro/mo without tax so 12eu/mo, this is supposed to be a 1.2Ghz cpu single core but got a 1.8 dual core instead :) , 2gb ram and 500gb hdd.
You get 5TB traffic , but this only counts when you download to your pc (Ftp,etc..) , so everthing your seedbox down or uploads doesn't count (else 5 TB wouldn't be enough).
Speed is 100Mb up/down. wich always works great.

It's no 200Mb like your box , but it will get me there and I can use the server for other stuff to so....

Oh yeah , RSS feed is always on :)

Reviving an old thread. Can anyone hook me up?

Do not give out racingforme invites to forum members here. 3/4 people I have invited have been banned from the site, and the mods there have threatened to ban my account, which is otherwise in perfect standing, in return.

People here don't follow rules. You've been warned.

Back
Top Bottom