Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody looking forward to the ski/snowboard season?

how much is a trip to Whistler in its entirety. if you don't mind me asking.

No problem: round-trip econo-class airfare was ~$650

My Buddy managed to get 5-nights in a "deluxe studio room" @ Whistler Peak Lodge with two queens, including 4-day lift tix for $1850. It comes with a $100 voucher to use in the village, too (not sure why that's included but who cares!)

I've got enough travel points to score a free rental car, but I hear we gotta pay $15/night to park it :/

All-in, I'm hoping to top out at less than $2k, but I imagine I might go over that...

No problem: round-trip econo-class airfare was ~$650

My Buddy managed to get 5-nights in a "deluxe studio room" @ Whistler Peak Lodge with two queens, including 4-day lift tix for $1850. It comes with a $100 voucher to use in the village, too (not sure why that's included but who cares!)

I've got enough travel points to score a free rental car, but I hear we gotta pay $15/night to park it :/

All-in, I'm hoping to top out at less than $2k, but I imagine I might go over that...
so 1850 divided by two or is that each?

Okay, so everything I said about this year being a crap-shoot in post #8 was total BS:

This morning I just booked a LAST minute flight to Whistler (via YVR)!!! YAY!!! My buddy from NYC and I were reminiscing yesterday about a few trips we did in the past and after seeing a "deal" for 35% discount for AMEX holders, the lodging and lift ticket prices were pretty reasonable so he booked it on a whim LOL... Let the weather watch begin!

Unfortunately this means no new bike for me this year, but that's totally worth it IMO

Also: for the next big (forecasted) snow day in the GTA & Barrie, I'm booking a vacation day and taking my wife to Blue Mountain (where I will train her, and remind my legs of what winter is all about). Totally down to meetup with GTAM'ers too. Lets see!!!
Im depressed. Im scared i wont be able to use my double down. And yeah... when you consider riding your bike rather than your skis 1st week of february, something's wrong.

Dropping my kid off at the ski hill today. I guess I can't wait much longer for ideal conditions.

I'm not sure that I like Tremblent since it got "BIG", at least price-wise.
We used to get really awesome deals there when we were poor.

at Mt St louis right now. the weather yesterday really effed the snow conditions.
edit yeah it's like I'm boarding on wood right now this is brutal

Last edited:
Dropping my kid off at the ski hill today. I guess I can't wait much longer for ideal conditions.

I'm not sure that I like Tremblent since it got "BIG", at least price-wise.
We used to get really awesome deals there when we were poor.

Costco, brah! they offer a "2-for-1" type deal for lift tix at Tremblant.

so 1850 divided by two or is that each?

Yeah total room & flight price, so for me $925+$650 CAD.

For him, that $925CAD is like $92.50 USD

Our snow is total garbage, but Whistler already has more snow this year than all of last year (last year was abysmal though, so I guess that isn't saying much). The weather is really unpredictable right now, so I'm just gonna hope... reeeaaaaallllly hard

just got back from mslm. anyone planning on going this weekend I'd say wait it out, the mountain was practically all ice, I probably have to rewax my board. I'd assume it'd be like that everywhere else considering it was 11 degrees yesterday.

I'm probably gonna wait for a decent snowfall to go again.

Oof, my kid just had his skiis stolen tonight. Worst part is we can only remember the colour, not the make or model or anything.

Oof, my kid just had his skiis stolen tonight. Worst part is we can only remember the colour, not the make or model or anything.
That's unlucky. How long did he go inside for? My guess is he went in to eat?

Some resorts set up stings after skis are stolen. Sorry "Baggsy" no good to you now. I know, they should do it on a regular basis. Some do. Can not tell you that or I will have to kill you.Police are called in and the offenders are charged. I split my skis/poles up.

jeez I never knew this was an issue... thinking about it now, anyone, even non members, can just waltz in and take snowboards at St Louis. I never really knew it was a problem so I didn't really worry.

He found them a couple of hours later.
They are pretty crappy skis anyways, we paid $200 2 or 3 years ago for them, and he's chewed them up some since.
I guess the person who took them, kept slipping out of the bindings set for size 14 boots.

Lesson learned is to at least take pictures of your stuff, so that you can talk intelligently to the staff when looking for it. I split my skis and poles as well and/or lock them with one of those rack locks. Wife thinks it's silly to do, since none of us have lost anything yet, but maybe she'll be a little more receptive to doing so now.

As for Tremblent, we used to get a cabin for a week, at the foot of the mountain, Les Cedars it was called; meals were included in a separate area, and full day ski lessons were also included. It wasn't much more than the lift ticket itself is now. :(

jeez I never knew this was an issue... thinking about it now, anyone, even non members, can just waltz in and take snowboards at St Louis. I never really knew it was a problem so I didn't really worry.

Which is why I lock my skis whenever I leave them in the rack. I have never regretted spending that $30 for a "Ski Key". The racks that accept the Ski Key will hold boards and skis, so if you have paid more than $30 for your equipment, it is well worth the price to get one of these locks.

http://www.can.skikey.com

Last edited:
yeah my skis are 6 years old and prolly worthless lol
i dont have to worry

I was at MSLM yesterday to try my boots. Can't believe how small it is :) While icy the grooming was great. It would have been perfect for race skis.
Too bad their mogul field is so small. They were nicely shaped. It really sucks most hills in ON barely have any mogul runs.

Was at Jaypeak Vermont past weekend. I have to say it's the best of the East coast for sure. The snow was nothing close to the Rockies, but for a 5-7 hour drive, it's worth it. Stayed at the lodge and it was top notch. They have CAD $ at par for lift tix and accommodation so it's not bad.

A buddy and I are going to Blue in the morning. Hoping the snow conditions aren't too ****** after the recent warm front.

I'll be going to blue mountain in a couple weeks. let me know how the conditions are (though i know lots can change in the 2 weeks ahead.

Was at Jaypeak Vermont past weekend. I have to say it's the best of the East coast for sure. The snow was nothing close to the Rockies, but for a 5-7 hour drive, it's worth it. Stayed at the lodge and it was top notch. They have CAD $ at par for lift tix and accommodation so it's not bad.
JP is by far my favourite hill. Usually they have tons of snow but it came late for them this year I heard. Good to know conditions are decent there now as I'm trying to get down soon. Did you try the waterpark (always funny to see the faceplants and lost bikini tops at the surf)?

Back
Top Bottom