Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 471 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

The two Michaels.. were spies.. that got caught spying in a foreign country. They weren't innocent civilians.
It also appears their release was delayed at the request of people in our government for political reasons.
I don't know why you would consider them when deciding what to buy.. nor give a crap about the opinion of anyone that would try to give you flak for it.
Alleged. Of course thier arrest had nothing to do with the arrest of Meng. Lol

Queue but, but, but China... justifies everything these days on here. Too bad this one was a dead item on GTAM until it was just brought up yet again.

First, it is very unlikely (but not impossible) anyone posting on GTAM is doing so on devices that have zero Chinese content, such is the world. They are also using an ISP network built with equipment mostly made in China with US names on the face plates. The servers it is running on are likely made in, guess where.... In that context it is difficult on so many levels to not buy day to day items (electronics, tools, etc.) or live a day to day life that does not have Chinese content--but of course anyone that felt strongly about it could do some research and minimize it but not eliminate it today, don't care is another approach, each to their own. If someone felt strongly about it is a super easy choice on discretionary bigger ticket items for obvious reasons.

As for buying a BYD there are ample other choices, I personally would totally expect to be called out for buying one IF I had an "out of a job yet, keep buying foreign" sticker (ironically I see these on foreign made cars/trucks with US name plates all the time). Or if China was in an actual shooting war with Taiwan and I was saying "Support Taiwan"... Or if I was telling people to "Free Tibet", etc. Sadly, even buying a Canadian made vechicle it will comes with some Chinese content, the world is stuck, it sucks, hopefully it will change.

Now in contrast if I say I support Ukraine (maybe lets say I even have that as my avatar at one point), then I buy a Russian toy (sure assembly was moved just to the otherside of the border to get around sanctions and "only" 20%, ie frame, bodywork… both totally documented by the company itself and pointed out pre-purchase, whatever). Free pass on a toy because but, but, but China??? Not the way I would go.

Agian, too bad this was a dead item on GTAM until it was just brought up yet again...

/end rant

Seems cyberturds are experiencing a rash of "dead on the side of the road 1 mile from the dealership" failures.
When the critical error comes up he starts focusing on the screen and Tesla pops up something with pages of small text to read. That sounds ideal to present to a driver when they are dealing with a critical system failure and still on the road. So so dumb.

EDIT:
Texting and driving with no seatbelt on. Yup. Driver is exactly the personality we expect from a CT buyer.

Saw a thing on Instagram recently about how you shift D/N/P by swiping the screen and they've moved the turn signals onto the steering wheel as haptic touch buttons, all in the name of 'simplifying' the cabin. (read: cutting costs) Musk shenanigans aside, that's a dealbreaker for me. Had a Civic with haptic buttons on the dash, and I never got used to them and totally hated them. At least Honda listened and reinstalled real buttons on the newer model...

Saw a thing on Instagram recently about how you shift D/N/P by swiping the screen and they've moved the turn signals onto the steering wheel as haptic touch buttons, all in the name of 'simplifying' the cabin. (read: cutting costs) Musk shenanigans aside, that's a dealbreaker for me. Had a Civic with haptic buttons on the dash, and I never got used to them and totally hated them. At least Honda listened and reinstalled real buttons on the newer model...
To be fair, it's light years better than GM/Honda offerings.

The swiping on the screen takes a minute to get used to but it's fairly intuitive if you give it a chance. I would still like physical buttons like the Honda/Acura setup or Lincoln, but that's just me.

1712361185896.png
1712361235078.png

While it was supposed to be an April fools joke, the baskets of bricks beside crosswalks may be quite effective. The entitled morons don't like damage and given teslas repair delays, the https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-hearing-aids.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.search.0 fleet would be functionally wiped out within a week.

I'll believe the robotaxi thing when I see it.

While it was supposed to be an April fools joke, the baskets of bricks beside crosswalks may be quite effective. The entitled morons don't like damage and given teslas repair delays, the robotaxi fleet would be functionally wiped out within a week.

If they're anything like most self driving cars out there currently, Just put a pylon on the hood, boom, immobilized.

To be fair, it's light years better than GM/Honda offerings.

The swiping on the screen takes a minute to get used to but it's fairly intuitive if you give it a chance. I would still like physical buttons like the Honda/Acura setup or Lincoln, but that's just me.

View attachment 66998
View attachment 66999
Both are awful, but I could live with the top one because it's at least generous enough in its design to allow operation by feel, as they've clearly laid out each button differently. The bottom one is horrible, and among the worst industrial design I've ever seen. Looks cheap, requires a squinting closer look to operate, is tucked away in a difficult to reach spot, and offers little feedback beyond a dim light as to whether it's been engaged.

I get that they're all desperately trying to clear up space in the centre console, but the best solution for that I've seen recently is the one in the Hyundai Kona EV, where there's a large(ish) textured paddle on a stalk in the steering column that you twist to engage. Out of the way but still tactile and easy to operate while attention and eyeline is engaged elsewhere.

All of the above is still better than placing turn signals on the steering wheel, though (so if your wheel is turned at all, you have to look down at it to engage). That should be illegal, as it's a safety issue.

That should be illegal, as it's a safety issue.
Most of the "innovations" tesla comes out with should be in that bin. Cool to try in a controlled environment to test viability, outright dangerous in public. Their arguments basically come down to, we told you to be careful and if people die, that's on you. So far afaik, Tesla hasn't lost huge with that argument even though it's complete bs.

So far afaik, Tesla hasn't lost huge with that argument even though it's complete bs.

I thnk their day of reckoning is coming. Eventually there will be enough accidents where these sorts of things will draw the attention of regulators.

Unsurprisingly, Europe (who is always ahead of us anymore it seems when it comes to safety) has said that as of 2026 any car that doesn't have physical controls for important stuff will not be eligible anymore for top safety ratings anymore.

Tesla is in the crosshairs here.

Interesting. Tesla settled one of the pending autopilot wrongful death suits the day before the trial to "end years of litigation". Uh huh. That sounds believable. The years have been so tiring that you couldn't continue on for a few more weeks? More likely story is you were going to get crucified at trial in very public fashion and on the record.

Dollar amount kept private as expected but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was even higher than he was asking for. They couldn't have this loss and public disclosure of what they know on the record.

Back
Top Bottom