Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 157 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

The article you linked is from 2014....was there nothing more recent/relevant?

Yes,, Hydrogen is coming.. but don't worry, 2 or 3 years from now, I will point back to post #3121, just like I am pointing back to Post #2 of this thread from 2 years ago, talking about how great and relevant Tesla is (before most ppl here even knew what an electric car was), and still is in todays market as we still haven't seen a viable competitor yet. the Volt? The Bolt? puh-leeeeeze.

No, it won't be here "tomorrow", and no, it won't replace full electrics, but its coming and its a better way than silly pluggin in as mentioned earlier. , Hydrogen is doing very well in California, around here, Look to places like Quebec and BC, they are more in tune with latest developments, ontario, is always lagging behind. They still think the Volt is good car and the way of the future.

https://business.financialpost.com/...on-hydrogen-fuel-cell-vehicles-for-its-future

Toyota is not the only automaker looking to hydrogen. According to a report by market research firm Research and Markets, at least 11 automakers are eyeing a 2021 rollout of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles, including Hyundai, Kia, Honda, Mercedez-Benz and BMW.

Battery electric cars may get much of the spotlight, but KMPG’s Global Automotive Executive Survey 2018 found that auto industry leaders believe fuel cell technology will lead the way in terms of attracting significant investment. According to the survey, 52 per cent of respondents ranked fuel cell electric vehicles as “the most important automotive key trend up to 2025.”

Refuelling (a hydrogen car) at one of the few hydrogen stations in the world takes just a few minutes — a speedy time-frame that is not possible with today’s battery technology.

“I think the arguments for hydrogen are pretty clear, but you don’t have to take Toyota’s word for it,” Beatty said. “Talk to the other car companies that are pursuing it as part of their strategy."

Last edited:
No one buys fuel cell vehicles except government agencies with an agenda to promote. Even in California.

edit: as of this past February, there were 39 publicly accessible hydrogen filling stations in the USA, all but four of which are in California. That's ... not very useful.

Last edited:
With a hydrogen car, you are gloriously free from all those restrictions.
Its coming, just watch.
https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ld-weather-performance-of-hydrogen-fuel-cells

I don't buy it.
California only has a few, rest of the US? NOPE (assuming, zero reading).

Let's look across the ponds, larger populations, more adopters even if only 1% buy in, countries with many times over more cash to burn and an appetite to try 'new' tech:
(assuming) a resounding "Nope" from: Russia, Middle East, all asian countries.

Don't think it's coming (at all).

this thread from 2 years ago, talking about how great and relevant Tesla is (before most ppl here even knew what an electric car was)

You're delusional if you think that the rest of the people posting in this thread didn't throw up in their mouths 18 years ago when Honda started selling this steaming pile of dung (late to the game, I might add, as GM already had 2 production EVs 4 years earlier). 13 HP electric motor! BOOYAH!

2000-honda-insight-25.jpg

Last edited:
You're delusional if you think that the rest of the people posting in this thread didn't throw up in their mouths 18 years ago when Honda started selling this steaming pile of dung (late to the game, I might add, as GM already had 2 production EVs 4 years earlier). 13 HP electric motor! BOOYAH!

2000-honda-insight-25.jpg

Um, er, ah, thats a hybrid, not a full electric plug in car.

some quick history here, toyota and Honda were the first to introduce mass market hybrid cars to the market.

they are still widely available today. the Prius franchise could be its own entity of Toyota wanted to.

GMs plug in effort never took off. the Volt is cancelled. Its a lame duck. Big difference.

And, before you blab about the Clarity being a "plug in", know that first and foremost, its was BORN and designed as a Hydrogen vehicle. Honda was smart enough to adapt the platform to make a Full Electric model, as well as a Plug In model. This shows me SMARTS on Honda's part to maximize return on investment.

No, you are just clueless. Please stop posting.

an electric car and plug in hybrid car, depend on electrical external source for recharging.

although they employ electrification, hybrids do not depend on external charging. Like a Hydrogen car.

Hydrogen cars depend on batteries too, but they are classified differently.

Last edited:
Yes, and they are long dead, and no longer relevant. Just like the lame duck Volt.

Hybrids are still relevant, Tesla is relevant, and still is, see post 2 (notice when referring to Hybrids, I said an "electric" type car, not Electric car".

PLEASE, just stop posting.

Last edited:
$100 says the Voltec driveline ends up in a small SUV after the Volt is discontinued. Any takers?

Yes, and they are long dead, and no longer relevant. Just like the lame duck Volt.

Again, how does that relate to your ridiculous post about no one other than you knowing what an electric car was prior to you posting in the thread 2 years ago?

Unfortunately, yes. Rednecks will be rednecks. Again unfortunately, the only ways to address this involve more laws and more enforcement, and if that happens, the rednecks have no one to blame but themselves.

I see some irony in that certain right wing jerkoffs need nanny laws to curb their own ****** behaviour

the rednecks have no one to blame but themselves.

No, they're still blame someone else. IE, "Stupid tree hugger liberal snowflakes", because you know, those sorta are apparently the only people that drive EV's.

/sarcasm

The funny thing is that many EV's, given enough traction, could pull every single one of those trucks square out of those parking spots even with all 4 wheels locked. Torque FTW.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom