Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 150 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

We are not yet at the point where an EV can be all things to all people. I am quite sure that 10 years from now, the obstacles will be much fewer than they are now. It's not helping that the current US government and the current Ontario government are setting things back, but my view is that the transition to EVs is inevitable and unstoppable ... but it's going to take a while.

If only Tesla could fill parts orders ...

Sure, the Volts will end up in a scrap yard.... along with every other vehicle on the road (including Accord hybrid, Clarity, Tesla, etc, etc)

Like Brian said... the transition is coming but it’s more than a few years away.

Key word....designing.But then the news is from VW,so it must be true.

Sure, the Volts will end up in a scrap yard.... along with every other vehicle on the road (including Accord hybrid, Clarity, Tesla, etc, etc)

But you'll still see updated versions of the Accord, Clarity and Tesla nameplates carry on into the future.

Again...

c9bf7feca0c6fac42a3ae4dbbdff88fc.jpg

It’s getting real close and I look forward to the time when alternative energy vehicles become the norm. Electricity appears to be the most viable from a distribution, availability, propulsion stand point.

We are managing work arounds of the current limitations while we develop improvements.

Cordless tools is a perfect example.

I know many dismiss the notion of vehicles being powered by something other that was we have now.

I’m sure we will still have petroleum powered vehicles in the future. It will just be more of a novelty and not as mainstream.

Once the economics, tech and practical elements work themselves out, we will see it more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, goal posts are firmly in place.

if you go back to post #2 of this thread which will be 2 years ago now come March, before many who are commenting even knew what an electric car was....

my tune hasn't changed, Volt and GM engineering is crap, its funny that the informed buying public couldn't be duped into buying it, and GM is dumping the thing.

real Electric cars and Tesla is here to stay.

I also still believe as I said in post 2, Hybrids, not plug ins, are the way to go today, until full electric is fully baked and ready to go. Ive been preaching the Hybrid (and Hydrogen) thing through out this thread, if you have been following. feel free to look back.

Like I said, goal posts firmly in place.

carry on....

Last edited:
c9bf7feca0c6fac42a3ae4dbbdff88fc.jpg

ZOPRhAu.jpg

They both would need to move side to side as well to be 100% accurate.

Volt's engineering is fine. That the auto industry was and is still trying to figure out how to market these, is not news. Honda is not exempt ... the first attempt at the Accord hybrid was a dud, the first Insight was a dud, and some of their current hybrid models are stupid expensive. And, Honda still needs to recover from their earlier hybrid models having well-documented high failure rates of the battery system ... something which the Volt has NOT had.

No argument that Tesla has gotten a lot of things right, including how to market them - fast-charging availability had to go hand in hand with the vehicles themselves. Rushing products to market and paying the price later, has not been one of them. Inability to support their customers in the field (with prompt availability of replacement parts) has been another issue.

Let's see what happens to Tesla when the mainstream manufacturers come up with competitive products. They're coming ...

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/jaguar/i-pace

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/audi/e-tron

Tesla has already proven nicely, that there is NO need to put a combustion engine in a car anymore. Super charging stations are becoming more and more common.

Couple that, with the fact that the ultimate goal is zero emission motoring (hydrogen and electric), you can be sure, cars like the Volt will end up in a dump.

But you'll still see updated versions of the Accord, Clarity and Tesla nameplates carry on into the future.

Like I said, goal posts firmly in place.

carry on....

Sure, bud.

Sure.

See post 2

In the grand scheme of this thread. Nothing has changed.

Read it and weep.

Last edited:
Volt's engineering is fine. That the auto industry was and is still trying to figure out how to market these, is not news. Honda is not exempt ... the first attempt at the Accord hybrid was a dud, the first Insight was a dud, and some of their current hybrid models are stupid expensive. And, Honda still needs to recover from their earlier hybrid models having well-documented high failure rates of the battery system ... something which the Volt has NOT had.

No argument that Tesla has gotten a lot of things right, including how to market them - fast-charging availability had to go hand in hand with the vehicles themselves. Rushing products to market and paying the price later, has not been one of them. Inability to support their customers in the field (with prompt availability of replacement parts) has been another issue.

Let's see what happens to Tesla when the mainstream manufacturers come up with competitive products. They're coming ...

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/jaguar/i-pace

https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/audi/e-tron

There is no market for Volts and plug ins in general, thats why its getting the axe. The market has spoken,

Toyota could do a whole spin off of the entire Prius franchise brand if they wanted to, its its own monster

The current Honda Hybrids, the Accord Hybrid and Insight, are stunning examples of Hybrids done right. Does GM even make hybrids anymore? Whats their hot seller?

As for the Clarity, At least Honda had the foresight to develop and spin off THREE cars and technologies out of one Platform. A Hydrogen version, A plug in version, and a Fully electric version. That shows me a smarter return on investment. And a solid backbone for future development.

GM sunk so much money into a dull and overpriced car that is the Volt, and tried for years to get it to catch on, it didn't.

Nonetheless, as shown by the Prius, the Hybrids will continue to dominate, until the Electric cars become more common place and prices drop.

And I'm sure some of those other cars will be able to transport your dishwasher.

Back
Top Bottom