Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 145 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

That's awesome thanks. With the Volt I drive like a nanny, so an app like that would make perfect sense. When I have to renew next March, that sounds like a plan.

My daughter just bought her first car and is (like us) also with BelAir Direct - she's using their app to track her driving and is currently up to 19% or something of a potential 25% discount. It's pretty reasonable although she did get dinged for a few "fast stops" (yellow light at just the wrong moment, she said) when she first started using it (and was down to 9% or something at one point) it learns your driving habits and does eventually start to allow for those sorts of things once it realizes you're not chronically driving like a goon.

I think they lowered the discount cap to 15% or something as of a few weeks ago however.

In other news, the Ontario government's rushed decision to abruptly cancel the electric vehicle incentive program is biting them back. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toro...ntario-government-electric-vehicles-1.4801295

People who have a Tesla on order are now in limbo.

Not at all surprised by this. The line they drew seemed very strange. It makes sense to draw the line on vehicles that are physically here or vehicles that can get here by the deadline, but don't differentiate by the type of distribution structure. I don't understand how they thought that was going to work (unless it was a political play to pander to domestic auto production?).

Not at all surprised by this. The line they drew seemed very strange. It makes sense to draw the line on vehicles that are physically here or vehicles that can get here by the deadline, but don't differentiate by the type of distribution structure. I don't understand how they thought that was going to work (unless it was a political play to pander to domestic auto production?).

Agreed. Extremely stupid on their part.

To go out of their way and add wording that immediately excludes Tesla but extends the deadline for all others.... for no real reason.. was bound to bite them in the ass.

To go out of their way and add wording that immediately excludes Tesla but extends the deadline for all others.... for no real reason.. was bound to bite them in the ***.

I doubt it was anything planned, it's almost certainly just a result of the kneejerk reaction (based on the rush) with zero forethought about the possible consequences.

I suspect fallout from a lot of the other recently rushed decisions (sex ed repeal, hydro one, buck a beer, etc) will also soon demonstrate that Doug Ford is not immune to the laws of unintended consequences, the same as this decision.

I don’t understand why language was used, extra language that was totally unnecessary, that differentiates Tesla from all other manufacturers and terminates their eligibility immediately.

I don’t understand it unless it was intentional. The language used makes no sense unless it was intentional.

I don’t understand why language was used, extra language that was totally unnecessary, that differentiates Tesla from all other manufacturers and terminates their eligibility immediately.

I don’t understand it unless it was intentional. The language used makes no sense unless it was intentional.
The language is easy to understand, they excluded Tesla for the same reasons many US states restrict Tesla's distribution and service model. The local dealership model and unrestricted repair and maintenance services are supposed to benefit the consumer and the economy. Tesla restricts both, which is though to hurt consumers and the economy.

Ontario has to provide some justification for excluding Tesla or give the rebates to the Tesla buyers who took delivery in the 60 days after the program ended. Tesla is not exactly fair and pure in all this, they allocated cars to Ontario in order to leverage the rebates -- that's why they delivered 1800 rebatable cars in Q2 and only 600 in Q3.

when disruption in any industry happens, governments and others try to move quickly to stifle it. Uber is a good example.

to add insult to injury, Gov't of Ontario has to cover all of Teslas legal costs as well. I believe in the neighbourhood of $150,000. :lmao:

Thats money coming from taxpayers pockets and that part is not funny.

when disruption in any industry happens, governments and others try to move quickly to stifle it. Uber is a good example.

to add insult to injury, Gov't of Ontario has to cover all of Teslas legal costs as well. I believe in the neighbourhood of $150,000. :lmao:

Thats money coming from taxpayers pockets and that part is not funny.
Want to put that into perspective? Over a 5 year period, the Wynne gov't deficit spending cost Ontario taxpayers $15,000 per second. In the time it takes to read this post (10 seconds), the outgoing Liberals would have plunged Ontario more than $150,000 deeper in debt.

Want to put that into perspective? Over a 5 year period, the Wynne gov't deficit spending cost Ontario taxpayers $15,000 per second. In the time it takes to read this post (10 seconds), the outgoing Liberals would have plunged Ontario more than $150,000 deeper in debt.

No one is defending the liberals spending habits.

If Ford’s plan is to phase out the rebates, do it in a sane manner that doesn’t open us up to legal action. How they’re phasing it out, this issue with Tesla, seems pretty dumb.

If you are looking for a car that jumps nicely, apparently a Model S is not the right car for you. To be fair to Tesla, the idiot 46 year old with one working arm did jump it over 100' feet. He is now facing dangerous driving charges.

DlxTfniU0AATTd3

https://www.barrietoday.com/local-n...cks-crashes-into-parking-lot-8-photos-1029716
https://www.barrietoday.com/police-beat/video-security-footage-of-an-airborne-tesla-1029850
https://www.barrietoday.com/local-n...ises-issue-of-safety-on-little-avenue-1030351

Even after I unbolted the bumper (24 screws and 12 clips) it did not fall off. But I was able to remove it. It took a fair bit of force to separate the bumper from the fenders.

Drivers side turn signal took a rock through it. Just replacing it. Ordered it online and got it two days later. $85.

Also installing switchback LEDs while I’m in there.

209ec441731b747fffbf114dea0f5249.jpg

This Model S owner considers fixing the Tesla as easy as assembling Lego, but he certainly shows the frustrations of servicing a Tesla out of warranty and what you get with their exclusive parts and service model.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/28/tesla-owner-frustrated-so-fixes-his-own-model-s-easy-as-legos.html

DFA and DFM aren’t really new ideas.

That being said, with so much tech and electronics in new vehicles (not just Tesla) a lot of owners aren’t going to be even remotely interested in doing their own repairs.

I got my switchback LEDs installed last night. Also removed the passenger side turn signal to polish it up so it matches the new driver side signal. Just have to reinstall the bumper now.

534850083fea3b8bd534fce85691d5c4.jpg

I tried switchbacks in mine (I was able to get in there and do the swap without needing to remove the entire bumper) but I didn’t really like the look in the end so I swapped back.

I did do the DRL always on mod and I do like that one...although I get the occasional high beam flash from other cars who assume I have my high beams on (when they’re not) even though it’s not blinding whatsoever.

I like the switchbacks a lot. Different strokes for different folks.

I like the always on DRL mod too. I’ll probably do that soon too.

I made a to do list when I bought the car. The only thing left is to finish treating the car with the Liquid Fallout Remover and polish. That’s all the stuff I “need” to get done.

I took possession of my 2019 Bolt Premier last week. I can confirm 3 things. 1. The bumper didn't fall off in this morning's rain. 2. Plugging the car into the wall of my garage makes me happy. 3. This car is a lot of fun to drive, especially around town using L-mode (previous cars were Toyota Supra, Subaru WRX)

Back
Top Bottom