Annual gas price bitching thread | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Annual gas price bitching thread

Refugees can't vote. Doubt Harper has any in his cabinet. Lol

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS n

Refugees can't vote. Doubt Harper has any in his cabinet. Lol

Sent from the future using my GOLDEN iPhone 30 SS n

???????

To all previous posters bashing propane powered cars (burned valves and what not), not true.

Technology has greatly improved since the 80s and 90s. I live in Oakville and work in Etobicoke. I do roughly 500km per week. I have been running on propane for almost 2 years. Just filled up this morning for $18 - this will last me almost a full week.

My car is small 4 cylinder (1.6 litre to be exact) - switching to propane was the best decision I ever did. (yes, 4 cylinders can also be converted to propane)

Have fun bashing propane and paying 1.42 per litre for gasoline (at least that's the price right now which will keep climbing whether you like it or not) :p

To all previous posters bashing propane powered cars (burned valves and what not), not true.

Technology has greatly improved since the 80s and 90s. I live in Oakville and work in Etobicoke. I do roughly 500km per week. I have been running on propane for almost 2 years. Just filled up this morning for $18 - this will last me almost a full week.

My car is small 4 cylinder (1.6 litre to be exact) - switching to propane was the best decision I ever did. (yes, 4 cylinders can also be converted to propane)

Have fun bashing propane and paying 1.42 per litre for gasoline (at least that's the price right now which will keep climbing whether you like it or not) :p

Why don't more automakers embrace it?

I received a company gas card about a year ago. The higher the gas prices, the faster I accumulate Petro points, lol. Currently driving a mazda 3 but looking for something bigger. It's nice to not have to worry about this expense anymore. I'm done rubbing it in :)

haven't researched this in a while, put pretty sure conventional gas engines running natural gas have shorter lives. something about the valves and heads? Or maybe this was propane power? Couldn't care less, and can't be bothered looking it up again.

Wouldn't want to crash in a NG powered vehicle either. KA-BOOM!!!

Not the same but the drama queens will appreciate.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...ube-nocookie.com/emb...1&vq=480&rel=0

Note people stopping to watch a series of explosions.

Concept of shrapnel requires steep learning curve.

Ask Dan the fleet manager at the UPS depot on Jane by Steeles how their last batch of 30 low emission step van's went. Not a single one made it to 10k on the original engine. These were 2007's, and the last batch they bought.

Ask Dan the fleet manager at the UPS depot on Jane by Steeles how their last batch of 30 low emission step van's went. Not a single one made it to 10k on the original engine. These were 2007's, and the last batch they bought.

That's the fault of the manufacturer or the installer. BFI in Barrie had an issue with their new trucks, 5 blown engines in the first year, it was the company that converted them. They converted them for California climate not ours. They had to be altered for our climate and now no problems as far as I know.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

It is not hard to do ****** job - sorry to hear that bad installers ruin reputation to solutions that work.

I notice a lot more sub compacts on the road. This is going to hurt GM/FORD/Chrysler, again.

I notice a lot more sub compacts on the road. This is going to hurt GM/FORD/Chrysler, again.

No worries, the government will bail them out again with taxpayer money

That's the fault of the manufacturer or the installer. BFI in Barrie had an issue with their new trucks, 5 blown engines in the first year, it was the company that converted them. They converted them for California climate not ours. They had to be altered for our climate and now no problems as far as I know.

That was the issue with this batch of trucks. They were converted in South Carolina and then sent here. UPS was told they would have no issues with the conversion at all. Install a brand new crate motor and some would burn a hole through a piston on the test drive. Not kidding.

Overall point being, there is no reward without risk. And conversions are certainly not without risk.

That was the issue with this batch of trucks. They were converted in South Carolina and then sent here. UPS was told they would have no issues with the conversion at all. Install a brand new crate motor and some would burn a hole through a piston on the test drive. Not kidding.

Overall point being, there is no reward without risk. And conversions are certainly not without risk.

I can hop in my cage or ride my bike to the Carolinas and not worry about blowing the motor. If I did a conversion does that mean I can't go more than a hundred miles from home because it isn't set up for the climate any further away?

NG or Propane conversion is not going to burn up valves / engines. GM, Mazda, Nissan, Ford all build engines that are commonly used in automobiles and utilized in industrial applications as well. GM and Mazda I can speak to directly, there are no 'specialized' parts based on fuel system - an EFI 4.3L GM V6 engine in a powered lift truck running LPG or NG uses the exact same internal components that it did in an Astro van.

Poor fuel mapping, poor fuel quality (yes, propane too) and poor maintenance are just as damaging with propane as they are with gasoline.

Propane conversion WILL cost 30% on performance, period; I can't recall the number for NG.

Last edited:

There's lots of reward without risk. Their problem was being cheap. Trying to save a buck by converting them there. They should of had then converted here. They have no one to blame but themselves. Like I said, we have over 700 vehicles on natural gas, we've been running it for it 25 to 30 years. We have some trucks with over 300k and still running good.

There's lots of reward without risk. Their problem was being cheap. Trying to save a buck by converting them there. They should of had then converted here. They have no one to blame but themselves. Like I said, we have over 700 vehicles on natural gas, we've been running it for it 25 to 30 years. We have some trucks with over 300k and still running good.

You're just pumping natural gas because you're a gas man. No offense bud

I can hop in my cage or ride my bike to the Carolinas and not worry about blowing the motor. If I did a conversion does that mean I can't go more than a hundred miles from home because it isn't set up for the climate any further away?

You're kidding right?

Back
Top Bottom