50 shot dead - Orlando shooting | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

50 shot dead - Orlando shooting

Whenever these events happen, people always focus more on the tool than the motive.

Even if this guy was not able to get an AR-15 (and that's a laugh right there, even the shooters in Paris had AK47s despite being banned there)... then he just would have used something else.

He would have loaded a truck bomb outside the club, smuggled a pressure cooker in there, drove into a pride parade with a truck, or any other way he could think of to kill the people he feels his god is telling him to kill.

Far greater numbers were killed in similar events around the world and not a single gun was used -- just look at the bali bombings for example 202 people killed, 209 injured when a night club was blown up using a minivan loaded with a explosives: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Bali_bombings

Those that want to kill will kill. The solution is not to try and remove all the tools, the solution is to remove the reason they want to kill -- sure, easier said than done -- but so is attempting to remove all tools that could be used to kill.

And the reason why switch button style knives are illegal are??? I mean it's just a knife right.

I did not say ban guns...I said reasonable application with rigorous testing, mental health check, criminal background check, and licensing.

It's odd because I am seeing a theme in this thread those pushing to have any gun they want seem to be the most paranoid of the govt taking over and most paranoid in general.

Let's keep the scenario simple...person goes off the deep end...you and your family are in the mall, shooter locked the door to the store you are now trapped in with 15 other guys (plus lots of kids and women)...

Now here are your choices:
1. shooter has an auto/semi with large magazine, sprays bullets like rain falling
2. shooter has a revolver with 6 bullets then they have to reload

Which once of those scenario's do you have a chance of surviving?

Don't evade, just reply with either 1 or 2

Nobody here needs a semi or auto than can fire ridiculous amounts of bullets er second or minute including armour piercing bullets.
Who you shooting with those bullets?
Deers don't come with armour?.

This is my favourite quote of yours. It's like something a soccer mom would write on Facebook. Also, deer.

Nevertheless, you sound like you've never shot a gun before, and learnt everything you know about them from Call of Duty. You're "let me reasonably tell you what guns people can have" are ret*rded. I especially like the "city dweller" one, where you want people who feel threatened to recieve for a gun, because that means you are buying a gun for the sole purpose of murdering someone.

You obviously know absolutely nothing about guns.

The guy could have done more damage with a pump action shotgun at the range he was shooting.

A six shooter can be loaded in a second with moonclips but once loaded will shoot every time. The AR-15, on the other hand, can easily jam or any other malfunction, or he could even fumble the magazine when trying to reload - lots of things to go wrong.

Any scenario where a guy is intent to kill you with a gun is not a promising one and you don't have a very good chance of surviving. There is very little difference if he is close in range to you with that six shooter or the AR-15 or the shotgun or the hunting rifle.

And the reason why switch button style knives are illegal are??? I mean it's just a knife right.

I did not say ban guns...I said reasonable application with rigorous testing, mental health check, criminal background check, and licensing.

It's odd because I am seeing a theme in this thread those pushing to have any gun they want seem to be the most paranoid of the govt taking over and most paranoid in general.

Let's keep the scenario simple...person goes off the deep end...you and your family are in the mall, shooter locked the door to the store you are now trapped in with 15 other guys (plus lots of kids and women)...

1. shooter has an auto/semi with large magazine, sprays bullets like rain falling

Oh neat, I like this game.

Ok new scenario: aliens invade the mall with PEW PEW laser weapons

you have 2 choices:

be armed with an M60
or be armed with a glock

PICK!

Last edited:
This is my favourite quote of yours. It's like something a soccer mom would write on Facebook. Also, deer.

Nevertheless, you sound like you've never shot a gun before, and learnt everything you know about them from Call of Duty. You're "let me reasonably tell you what guns people can have" are ret*rded. I especially like the "city dweller" one, where you want people who feel threatened to recieve for a gun, because that means you are buying a gun for the sole purpose of murdering someone.

You obviously know absolutely nothing about guns.

The guy could have done more damage with a pump action shotgun at the range he was shooting.

A six shooter can be loaded in a second with moonclips but once loaded will shoot every time. The AR-15, on the other hand, can easily jam or any other malfunction, or he could even fumble the magazine when trying to reload - lots of things to go wrong.

Any scenario where a guy is intent to kill you with a gun is not a promising one and you don't have a very good chance of surviving. There is very little difference if he is close in range to you with that six shooter or the AR-15 or the shotgun or the hunting rifle.

Oh neat, I like this game.

Ok new scenario: aliens invade the mall with PEW PEW laser weapons

you have 2 choices:

be armed with an M60
or be armed with a glock

PICK!

Did Jim Carey make part 3 of that movie yet?

Yes, you know my life so well...
It seems your positions is based on killing...try a new perspective, focus on living well and having fun.
Have you tried sex with cute women yet...how about sex at the same time with 2 cute chics?...or do you guys suffer from small guys syndrome that you go to these lengths to compensate.

learn to live and live to learn (TM)

ok, D...out of discussion with you depressing guys.
Why don't you guys go hang out in Syria for a while, with all your gun knowledge and desire to shoot all you can...perfect fit.

It seems your positions is based on killing...try a new perspective, focus on living well and having fun.

Yeah I wonder where that would have came from?

Did Jim Carey make part 3 of that movie yet?

Yes, you know my life so well...
Have you tried sex with cute women yet...how about sex at the same time with 2 cute chics?...or do you guys suffer from small guys syndrome that you go to these lengths to compensate.

learn to live and live to learn (TM)

ok, D...out of discussion with you depressing guys.
Why don't you guys go hang out in Syria for a while, with all your gun knowledge and desire to shoot all you can...perfect fit.

Aw too bad you're leaving, I was just gearing up to have fun with the "make up a totally fictional scenario to fit your narrative" game!

Why is it so hard to understand pink guns would have a calming effect on terrorists, psychopaths and your garden variety gunnutz? Pink guns would make you think twice about blowing a bar to bits, maybe not a gay bar but certainly a proper saloon.

As reports are coming in that this man was a closet homosexual confused about his sexuality, pink may have indeed gave him pause

I seem to remember that the Americans also had something else enshrined in their constitution about banning drinking. Apparently that was a dumbass idea and they amended it and got rid of the whole thing and there isn't a lot of fuss about that today.

Lots of other countries seem to deal quite well with getting rid of dumbass ideas for the betterment of their citizenry. I don't really like the Japanese culture, seems full of panty sniffing dirty old men, but they managed to pass laws and easily control dumbass notions too. Australia, UK, even Canada has sensible laws. What is it with the yanks?

I don't know about all of you... but gun access for all is just a bad idea.

Too much hate, too many bad motives, to much bigotry and ignorance. When Trump seems like a reasonable man to take office in a diplomatic role for so many, you still wonder why there are so many gun problems? Because their priorities are not in the right place.

Canada's rules for guns i can stand more behind...

but unlike here when your gun is something that is an automatic fallback for most situations, it makes situations escalate a lot faster than they need to because well...we're relying on people's judgement and common sense and being on a motorcycle forum surrounded by idiot cagers i hope we can all agree that most people are lacking certain attributes to make the right decision with the tools they're given.

My point is, let your people have guns, after they've proven they're not (too) batshit crazy. Let the other people who don't qualify use the black market (prices driven up -> deterrent) and be illegal. Put some legislation around it, so it's not as much of a free for all. So hopefully that will help avoid some of the too crazies from getting lethal weapons and causing wreckage.

I do agree that the licensing laws we have here in Canada are much better than the US... and I do agree that someone on the 'terror list' should not have been able to legally buy guns, but I still contend that firearms are a side issue here.

The real issue and what the focus should be on is why these people want to commit mass murder? Whether they do it with an ar-15, a pressure cooker, or a minivan bomb, the outcome is still the same.

I do agree that the licensing laws we have here in Canada are much better than the US... and I do agree that someone on the 'terror list' should not have been able to legally buy guns, but I still contend that firearms are a side issue here.

The real issue and what the focus should be on is why these people want to commit mass murder? Whether they do it with an ar-15, a pressure cooker, or a minivan bomb, the outcome is still the same.

I remember when serial killers were a rare thing. The worst ones wanted notoriety and the media wasn't as easily accessible to everyone as it is today. Now, the deranged nutbar that wants to go down in history just needs a GoPro and a Facebook account unfortunately.

well then we both agree!

im thinking that a big part of the problem with the US is
- they're **** disturbers around the world, so obv will attract a lot of hate from outside nations
- the ease of access of weaponry makes it a nobrainer for a novice to just go to the gun store and practice a little before going to shoot real people

bombs, pressure cookers, etc will require more thought and have more chances of failing whereas, as the numbers show, guns are pretty commonplace and expected to be seen in a lot of places so it won't raise as much suspicion ...which is probably why so many people go the mass shooting route in the US.

They say there are almost 400 million people in USA and Canada.
Clearly we KNOW people will do dumb things, it is MITIGATING the damage done.
So one must be truly stupid to think that we will be able to stop every human from committing theses types of acts.
We can limit/stop what they do it with and how much damage they inflict while killing.

Back
Top Bottom