2014 Demo Days | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 Demo Days

Yeah, this will be my second full season with the GSXF now, so I'm looking to change bikes in the fall (tentatively, if finances allow). I'd love to get a Street Triple or the Yamaha MT-07 or MT-09. Maybe even an SV650, if I can find a reasonably priced naked one. After test riding the CBR500RA, I'm throwing that onto my list as well. I'd like to buy used but the CBR500s are too new to have much on the used market, and the Yamaha's won't be available used.

Basically, I want something light (I miss how easy my old 2008 Ninja 250r was to handle).

I'm ruling out SS bikes for now due to 1) cost of insurance and 2) long distance comfort.

Right now I'm leaning more towards the smaller displacement engines because I can be more rev-happy and still remain at (relatively) legal speeds. More fun to ride a slow bike quickly!

Agree. I plan to keep my new upgrade under 1000cc for insurance reasons. My riding has become more spirited especially at the twisties. Although I love my gsx, I can feel I'm pushing its limits on the bends. It's still a fast bike, but like something more nimble and agile.

I guess we'll see what good bikes are out there during this demo season.

Royal Distributing will be having there MV Agusta demo days on June 21 at the Guelph location and June 22 at the Whitby store.

Any one going to the Harley demo ride in Mississauga tomorrow?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I really like the drz as well.....i was referring to the Harley Davidson demo tomorrow at jacox harley (2815 argentia road Mississauga) there is a lot of rain forecasted for tomorrow

So tempted to go to one and ride the drz but I know I'm going to want it after....

I did the Honda demo day, could only get the CBR600RR, didn't want to ride the stateline, Valkyrie, Shadow, etc I was hoping for CRF250L

I did the Honda demo day, could only get the CBR600RR, didn't want to ride the stateline, Valkyrie, Shadow, etc I was hoping for CRF250L

Wow, you have got to be kidding.... How they could not have that bike available is ridiculous.

I sat on it at the bike show... feels alright but pretty cheap and crappy compared to the WR or the DRZ... the people in that dual sport thread weren't joking.

I also sat on the Stateline, and if you can believe it I do want to ride it, hahaha.... I would have to buy a whole new set of gear to go along with it.

Anyone going to the Yamaha (Oakville) or Suzuki (Brampton) demo ride tomorrow?

Visited Brampton Powersports today, hoping to get a ride on c50 or c90. I was there at around 10.30, had to stand in line for about 20 minutes for registration and then they gave me the appointment for 2pm or 4 pm. I had not planned to stick around till that time, so had to pass it :(
It was busy, saw a good number of riders going out on demo rides, made some friends too..:eek:
Visited the showroom and got a tank bag for my bike.

The Brampton Suzuki one was definitely very busy....i think they could have avoided this problem by limiting one ride per person and reducing it from an hour ride to 30 mins.

The Yamaha one in Oakville was definitely a thrill... Not too busy and a nice route along lakeshore..... The fz07 is an amazing bike.... Lots of power... Smooth shifting and excellent riding position

Is anyone aware of any demo rides in the GTA happening tomorrow? Or are most dealerships closed on Sundays?

Rode a M109R (and a Shadow last timt). I don't think I am ever riding a cruiser again...main reasons why:
  • Throttle response is incredibly choppy.
  • The foot peg position has been a problem on both the Shadow and the M109R for me. Missing a shift from 1-2 far too many times and I need to literally slide a bit off the seat to get a firm shift (I am 5'6)
  • I scraped the peg hard on the M109R when taken into the twisty section. I'm aware that there is some crazy Gold Wing dude on Deals Gap that out rides SS bikes but scraping hard parts is a very confidence shattering feeling.
    • To further the above issue, I had to considerably slow down on all intersection turns (normally I take right turns at 40-50km/h and lefts at 50-60km/h) or risk running extremely wide

No offense to anyone who likes cruisers!

Test rode the GSXr-1000 yesterday at Brampton. I was in 2nd gear the entire time. Shifted to third once and just for a bit.

The bike was very tamed but I didn't get to open her much. Handling, I'd still prefer a 600 SS. That's why I got the cbr600rr :) Which was a purchase as a result of the honda demo ride.

Test rode the R6 and then the FZ-07 at Oakville Yamaha yesterday. The R6 was difficult to enjoy because of all the traffic; never got out of second gear! The FZ-07 was a neat little bike, turn-in was nearly instantaneous and light as a feather. The engine was a bit buzzy though, but adequate power.

Big thanks to the owner of Oakville Yamaha; apparently the dealership has to pay the Yamaha factory buys to trailer the bikes out, pay for someone from head office to run the thing, and essentially "rent" the bikes from the factory. So the owner footed the bill for all of that, AND he bought us all lunch from the A&W next door! What a great guy! Definitely would buy a bike from there when I am in the market in the fall.

PS - to the jerk who stole my chicken burger while I was out on the 12:30 ride... shame on you man. That was a real Richard Shift.

Anyone go to the Honda Demo Day at Sturgess today?

I rode the CB500X - excellent bike, same power as the CBR500 but a much better riding position

Plus I loved the route they took - 45 minutes and a lot of twistys

Back
Top Bottom