2014 Demo Days | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 Demo Days

Thanks for the link arkadasim

I have been trying a few naked mid weight bikes (Yamaha FZ07, BMW F800R, KTM 690 Duke, Kawasaki ER-6N) they are all very similar - Small light and quick but wind deflection is definitely a problem

Riding the F800R down the 404 was very uncomfortable - i think a bigger wind deflector might help

Regardless, one of these will be my next bike - riding position and comfort are brilliant

Here is one solution for the ER-6N... It's not the prettiest but as long as you can easily take it off/on

7y3anepy.jpg

baryha5u.jpg

6usyjese.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hate to say this, but I was successfully booked into riding RC8 and S1000RR recently, they were booked 1-2 months ahead, as I knew they were hot bikes. But I had to cancel it at last minute due my own work schedule, anyone got my slot? :cool:

Oakville BMW 10:30
Apex KTM 1:00

Kawasaki demo day at Sturgess cycle tomorrow from 10 am -5 pm

$10 donation to Canadian Cancer Society and full M license required

Last edited:
The actual solution to the er6n wind problem is the Ninja 650.

The z1000 doesn't have this problem. That bike is awesome.:love4:

Having tried both bikes.... I still prefer the er6n. .. The ninja 650 has a more aggressive riding position and even though it doesn't weigh much more it still feels bulkier

Tip: do the Sturgess demo rides if you like to go around twisty roads really, really fast. But only if you like that sort of thing.

Suzuki demo day on the 17th at snow city from 10-5 - last ride leaves at 4

M license for any models with an R

Having tried both bikes.... I still prefer the er6n. .. The ninja 650 has a more aggressive riding position and even though it doesn't weigh much more it still feels bulkier

I tried both bikes in Guelph. Really hated the Ninja 650..very wide bars, and maybe it was just the bike I was on, but it felt like riding a jet ski, transmission was clunky. I actually much preferred the 300!

I tried both bikes in Guelph. Really hated the Ninja 650..very wide bars, and maybe it was just the bike I was on, but it felt like riding a jet ski, transmission was clunky. I actually much preferred the 300!
Ditto, I didn't like the 650 at all. 300 was nice, felt the same as my 250.

Thanks for the link arkadasim

I have been trying a few naked mid weight bikes (Yamaha FZ07, BMW F800R, KTM 690 Duke, Kawasaki ER-6N) they are all very similar - Small light and quick but wind deflection is definitely a problem

Riding the F800R down the 404 was very uncomfortable - i think a bigger wind deflector might help

Regardless, one of these will be my next bike - riding position and comfort are brilliant

Here is one solution for the ER-6N... It's not the prettiest but as long as you can easily take it off/on

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Why are you not considering the Street Triple R as well? It's easily better than any of the bikes you listed.

Anyone try out the new CBR650F? I'm thinking of moving up from a CBR500R and it looks like a potential candidate. Where can I demo it around Toronto?

Ditto, I didn't like the 650 at all. 300 was nice, felt the same as my 250.

The 250 was very different from the 300. The 300 doesn't buzz, which was really obvious on the ER6N and Ninja 650 through the footpegs. Slipper clutch is pretty much the best i've ever used on a bike. The 300 got rid of the clearance issues on the 250.
The 300 did have bizarrely low final drive gearing, it really needed a bigger front sprocket as first was designed for real novices.

The 250 was very different from the 300. The 300 doesn't buzz, which was really obvious on the ER6N and Ninja 650 through the footpegs. Slipper clutch is pretty much the best i've ever used on a bike. The 300 got rid of the clearance issues on the 250.
The 300 did have bizarrely low final drive gearing, it really needed a bigger front sprocket as first was designed for real novices.
Buzz thing didn't stand out or otherwise to me. Maybe I'm not picky enough but my take-away impression from riding the 300 was it felt very similar to my 250. Don't know about the clearance thing, it was a pretty chill demo ride.

Anyone try out the new CBR650F? I'm thinking of moving up from a CBR500R and it looks like a potential candidate. Where can I demo it around Toronto?
I rode one at KW Honda a while back... enjoyable bike. You should give it a go if you can. I think it's a bit pricey though.

Buzz thing didn't stand out or otherwise to me. Maybe I'm not picky enough but my take-away impression from riding the 300 was it felt very similar to my 250. Don't know about the clearance thing, it was a pretty chill demo ride.

Track guys relocate the side stand on the 250s. The 300 has vibration isolators on the engine.

Back
Top Bottom