2014 Demo Days | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2014 Demo Days

Coming from a Ninja 250 rider... (demo day @ KW Honda in Waterloo)

CBR500R - doesn't feel sporty at all (not a bad thing, just looks were kind of deceiving), comfortable, modest forward lean. Engine was decent, bars could have been a bit higher. Shifter was a bit far forward, kind of annoying to hit (also small). Really really easy to handle at low speeds.
CB500X - little faster than the R, very comfortable and I liked the height. Cornered nicely. Probably the best of the Honda 500s.
CBR650F - fast as ****** to me. Lots of torque in the low and mid RPMs, pretty predictable and easy to ride. Not too heavy. Really loved this bike, thinking about keeping the 250 for now to save up for this for next season...

The demo rides made me really appreciate how nimble my 250 is, in some ways I don't want to get a new bike.

Last edited:
anyone attend the MV agusta demo at Sturgess yesterday?

i just saw their status on facebook - they only needed an M2

I also rode the 690 Duke at the demo (3pm). I found it very light and nimble (could steer the thing with the seat of my pants), but the buzzing was atrocious. My hands and feet were numb after the demo.

Jumped on the RC8 at 4pm, man that bike is powerful! Really easy to modulate though, very forgiving. Loved it, but my right foot got really hot! Riding position was also very aggressive; tried to grip the tank using my knees but even still my wrists were uncomfortable after the short demo. Wouldn't want to be on that thing for more than an hour.

Rode the 690 Duke at the ktm demo..... It's a very small bike and a tall/large rider will be very cramped... The naked bike look is fantastic but offers absolutely no protection against the wind.... The mirrors are so tiny and at high speed there is so much buzzing that they are pointless... For a 690cc bike it just didnt feel that powerful - especially compared to the Yamaha fz07 - the seat on the other hand was very plush and comfy

The demo itself was very short - not even 20 mins on tiny streets- they were a bit behind on schedule

After my first ride they wouldn't let me ride the 690 enduro because my leather jacket didn't have armor - very disappointed

The food provided by Clare's cycle was spectacular

There is only one KTM demo left for Ontario - Wednesday June 18th from10-4pm at GP bikes in Whitby

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

CBR500R - doesn't feel sporty at all (not a bad thing, just looks were kind of deceiving), comfortable, modest forward lean. Engine was decent, bars could have been a bit higher. Shifter was a bit far forward, kind of annoying to hit (also small). Really really easy to handle at low speeds.
CB500X - little faster than the R, very comfortable and I liked the height. Cornered nicely. Probably the best of the Honda 500s.
CBR650F - fast as ****** to me. Lots of torque in the low and mid RPMs, pretty predictable and easy to ride. Not too heavy. Really loved this bike, thinking about keeping the 250 for now to save up for this for next season...

The demo rides made me really appreciate how nimble my 250 is, in some ways I don't want to get a new bike.

Aren't the 500R and 500X the same engine?

There's actually considerable differences between the Kawa 250 and the 300, the EFI is nice.

Aren't the 500R and 500X the same engine?

There's actually considerable differences between the Kawa 250 and the 300, the EFI is nice.
Same engine but different gearing, X is faster to 60 mph and has a lower top speed.

Ah yeah, I am hoping to test ride a 300 soon.

CBR650F - fast as ****** to me.

Just wait until you ride a litre bike :)

[video=youtube;SkZQ80FaV-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkZQ80FaV-k[/video]

I was in the morning session. It was awesome day for me because of the first track experience :)
I would like to thank to Kawasaki from here. They organized very well.

My newbie track riding on youtube..
[video=youtube;mPPKM5XiYeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPPKM5XiYeo[/video]

Have you guys been able to register for the BMW demos this Sunday? I emailed the guy on the list like a week ago and have yet to hear back.

Have you guys been able to register for the BMW demos this Sunday? I emailed the guy on the list like a week ago and have yet to hear back.

Same here.. I've sent a kindly reminder over the last few weeks as well and still no reply.

I was in the morning session. It was awesome day for me because of the first track experience :)

These Kawasaki demos sell bikes, and they can really change any prejudices about any bike. I've have some disappointments, and surprises.

My newbie track riding on youtube..
[video=youtube;mPPKM5XiYeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPPKM5XiYeo[/video]
the track experience was definitely amazing..... registration started at 7 and safety meeting at 830 .... Riding started at 9 and ran to 1130......~40 people were there... and got divided into 4 groups (A B C D)...2. groups would go out at a time for 5 laps

there was a lead and tail rider and no passing.... but the pace was definitely quick... it was a much better experience than street demos and a good way to get a feel of the bike

i tried the ninja 300, er6n, and the ninja 650.... they put a camera on the 650 but my video got deleted

i really did enjoy the er6n, light nimble quick and very comfortable, but now can't decide which one i like better the er6n or the fz07

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You didn't find the wind a problem on the ER6N? it has zero wind deflection.

Fastest he went was probably 100km/h and that is for a short period of time, so I doubt he got a feel for it.

i really did enjoy the er6n, light nimble quick and very comfortable, but now can't decide which one i like better the er6n or the fz07

[video=youtube;TZ1zp6PNf9k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ1zp6PNf9k&list=UUef-j9u0IYllBZ955fCfa9A[/video]

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom