2012 Demo Days | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2012 Demo Days

^

It is quite obvious the intended purpose of a dealership demo day is to entice customers and to close sales. Manufacturer demo days are usually pretty cool.
It is a given that there will be people who are not currently looking to make a purchase will go to demo rides just to ride the latest and greatest offering. However, based on their experience they may just buy that bike, now or in the future.
Turn them away and they will go elsewhere.

Last edited:
The Suzuki demo I went to last spring didn't have any sales pitches at all. Mind you, it was Suzuki's Demo tour, not at a dealer. The Yamaha one at St Onge was a little different, Yamaha had their demo bikes, and if you were really interested in an R6 or a Fazer 8 St. Onge had one of each you could demo, but only if you were serious about buying. Not sure what they meant by that, maybe they required a deposit.

Ive gone on many demo rides...cant say i ever encountered a huge sales pressure. Dont think they have too, the bikes sell themselves. Just gotta look past the rush of riding a new bike and compare the bike to what you like and dislike about it. I remember riding a busa once and fell in love while riding it...only later did i start to think about it and remembered **** i didnt like and fell more in love with my then vtr.
id like to ride the new gixxer 1k & cbr 1k :)

Demo day for Honda:

Does anyone know of a Honda Powersports demo day? I was out of town on May 5 so could not get to the one by Markham Powersports on that day.

Does anyone know of any dealer in the GTA who is doing Honda demos? My wife is very interested in the Honda Areo 750cc and would like to take it for a test drive to compare to a H-D she's looking at as well.

^

"Come to Clarington Honda Saturday May 12, 2012 for our Bike Demo day.
From 10am to 3pm, Honda reps will be leading demo rides! All you need is:
a valid M2 license, DOT approved helmet, and proper riding gear.
Call us at (905)697-2333 for more information."

http://www.claringtonhonda.com/en/info/promos/house.spy

Thanks, Slap. Just called and also made an appointment with Sam to come in early and talk about the 750 Areo and hopefully we can take it out at 10am.

Is this a dealer demo or company demo?

I think it's company demo. The same guys go around Ontario with their demo bikes so they may not be familiar with the city's route and get lost. Which happened to me last time and we got to ride around for an hour as they try to figure out how to get back to the dealership lol.

Got this invite on my facebook. It's on Saturday, MY 26.

Try out the 2012 KYMCO Demo Fleet at Studio Cycle Group in Toronto, ON.

// Location and Hours:
11 AM - 4 PM
Studio Cycle Group
2923 Dundas St W.
Toronto ON, M6P 1Z1

We'll have food, drinks, sales, fun, give aways, gift cards, and more!

I did the ready powerhouse demo today and got to try the cbr1000.

Very decent route only draw back was it was kinda busy.

Super smooth bike with very tall first gear. Makes my 07 Gsxr feel like 20 years old.

4ac609c2-6cf0-0ea2.jpg

Also wanted to try ....

4ac609c2-6d18-ca49.jpg

But sadly not enough time

Just finished the 2 hour BMW demo ride today on the G650GS. Best demo by far. Had the bike go up to 140 km/h and even had the front wheel go up on me. Nice route with lots of curves allowed the riders to feel the bike's handling and cornering ability. All the BMW bikes had Ontario plates so I think there should be coming to Ontario soon.

I'm in love with the G650GS now...

Went to Oakville Yamaha today for Yamaha Demo days. Tried FZ8 - not bad, will post more details in FZ8 thread. Demo days themselves - were almost cancelled as apparently Yamaha's insurance only covers dry roads and there was a bit of rain this morning. Route was through local streets - many traffic lights and no highway. I never got out of 2nd gear - bit dissapointed. Oakville Yamaha stuff was great as usual. Yamaha demo days compared to Ducati or BMW - kind of suck.
Met familiar leather pants - there was a girl waiting for her turn in one of Jimmy's Velocity suits. I couldn't figure out what was so familiar and then realized that I saw "AMAZON" embroided on her pants on someone's avatar here :D

Yamaha now requires a full M for any bike on their demo days.

Depends on the bike - I saw several folks with M2 today who were allowed to ride, only limit was cruiser up to 950 and no R6/FZ8, they were allowed FZ6R only

I was allowed to ride the R6 at Snow city, and that was a company demo not a dealer. Also, honda's "come ride with us" tour you only need an M2

Just did the yamaha demo and apparently they only need the full M for the R6, not for the entire ride. So I rode the FZ8 and R6

OK, now I know where I saw AMAZON letters. I was the guy on blue FZ6, rode FZ8 right before you.

Last edited:
If you want to actually get to ride more then one bike you need to go to a smaller city demo day. I scheduled a visit with my parents in Blenhiem on the same weekend the Yamaha demo tour was in Chatham at Bob's last weekend. Out of the 8 bikes there, I got to try 5 of them. In every road condition.

Back
Top Bottom