2011 Moto GP? | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Don't know why RdP isn't on a factory team yet.
He's got some speed, but had a massive string of crashes and DNF's over the last couple years... I'm thinking that is why. Maybe he just needs a high end French sponsor to step up to the plate.

Man if the first day is anything to go by, the little midget is going to blow the doors off of everyone. BTW, considering he is almost nearly 2 seconds or more faster than any non-Honda motorcycle...... sheesh you can tell what's the best bike on the grid so far this weekend.
http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=46441

Don't worry ... they still have to line up on Sunday and who knows maybe Sic will take him out. I think he is overdue for another one ... LOL

The track has two long straights and plenty of fully open throttle parts, so I'd expect Pedro will do well here, but I agree the gap is pretty large right now.

:D They can't let him get away. Pedro isn't the greatest when there is someone fighting with him for position. I nominate Dovi for the take down at Turn 1, not that Dovi is known for that sort of thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the '07 Ducati didn't use the carbon frame...... I think maybe they started with the carbon swingarm then?

Maybe a fair comparison would be having Rossi on the '07 bike.

When the carbon frame came into play, Stoner was complaining about the front end, and didn't win any championships after that with Ducati.

Obviously it's an issue with the bike if 3 WC riders haven't won on it since '07.

The tire advantage went away also. That season (2007), the Bridgestone was much better than the Michelin (hell, it made Suzuki and Kawasaki look good at times). So much so, that Rossi lobbied to have the Bridgestone the next year (2008), while his teammate (Edwards or Lorenzo - I think it was Lorenzo) got the Michelin. Even Pedrosa later in the year got the Bridgestone. That was the end of Michelin, and we've had Bridgestone as a single manufacturer since.

Stoner was still competitive on Ducati from 2008 on, but Yamaha became the dominant team/bike (until this season).

Last edited:
Funny it wasn't too long ago that most thought that Stoner was washed up, he was the guy that would run away from the rest of the field and then go tuck the front end and crash with a ten second lead in hand.
No doubt Stoner lucked out moving to Honda, the bike was simply the class of the field this year, and he rode this year with such confidence. Not only was this years Ducati slow, it was damn ugly as well. Ugly bikes rarely win.....
Rossi still the bench mark, but perhaps the torch will be handed over next year to either Lorenzo and Stoner to carry until Marquez comes on the scene.
holly crap, did you see the guy start from 36 on the grid and make it to 3 place? That was a hell of a run

Would your opinion still stand if the bike they were given to ride was the ducati?
this years Ducati with the same tires? Yes. Stoner would crash, unless he dials it down a lot....which is what Rossi has done this year, every time he pushes it he crashes

Last edited:
I predict he will eventually end up on the Repsol Honda team, kicking Pedrosa out...but not next year. He'll stay in Moto2 one more season.

The kid has got talent. He's probably the best prospect out there.

Not really a prediction considering he has already confirmed for Moto2 in 2012.

Small grid this weekend, no Factory Yami's and poor Hopkins having to pull out.

Interesting quote from him, finger was ok for BSB, but the sheer braking forces of MotoGp is a different story.

I predict he will eventually end up on the Repsol Honda team, kicking Pedrosa out...but not next year. He'll stay in Moto2 one more season.

According to the rules, he can't go to a factory bike. Having said that the rules for Spanish and some Italian riders seems to be a bit more flexible than for everyone else.

According to the rules, he can't go to a factory bike. Having said that the rules for Spanish and some Italian riders seems to be a bit more flexible than for everyone else.

Right. thus, eventually. I think Repsol sees this hot spanish rider as up and coming, and given Stoner's dominance on the same bike as Pedrosa, they might think that they may need to 'upgrade' their rider.

Don't know whats going on with Spies. He just keeps going down..

His crash at Australia (thanks for the correct my bad) caused more than just a concussion. He had bruised ribs, which with him riding this weekend made it worse on his body. It can only take so much. He is even missing out on testing for Monday.

Last edited:

He may have a difficult time when they move to 1000cc. It's going to be a lot different than the 250... Pedrosa will probably do worse next year as well. Spies may be the one to watch in 2012.

He may have a difficult time when they move to 1000cc. It's going to be a lot different than the 250... Pedrosa will probably do worse next year as well. Spies may be the one to watch in 2012.

I think Pedrosa will be ok in that he'll probably have the exact same season as he's had over and over - a couple of wins, a couple of crashes, a couple of injuries, and a couple of DNSs.

He won on the 990 a couple of times in his rookie season, so he's shown to have success on the larger displacement bikes. Of course, the bike can/will be a different beast this time, so we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom