2011 Moto GP? | Page 23 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

I'm just not quite getting the "no body shows up" part (I know not literally...) as Dovi, Pedrosa and Stoner were all in the right way to win last year. None of those guys were new comers or on new bikes. Even Rossi had chance to win. Him getting injured was his mistake, not luck on Lorenzos part.

Well, it was luck on Lorenzos part that Rossi and Pedrosa both went out and were out long enough that they couldn't do anything to stay in the game and by all means winning is winng.

I'm just saying when everyone (for the most part) ran a full season Lorenzo wasn't the man.

Now, if Lorenzo DNFed his way out of this season I would say Stoner never really had any competition either. Maybe thats what I'm failing to say. Competition as opposed to luck. Or what I feel is luck...

And yea that should say 9 WC titles for Rossi with possibly more to come on the 1000s.

Well, it was luck on Lorenzos part that Rossi and Pedrosa both went out and were out long enough that they couldn't do anything to stay in the game and by all means winning is winng.

I'm just saying when everyone (for the most part) ran a full season Lorenzo wasn't the man.

Now, if Lorenzo DNFed his way out of this season I would say Stoner never really had any competition either. Maybe thats what I'm failing to say. Competition as opposed to luck. Or what I feel is luck...

And yea that should say 9 WC titles for Rossi with possibly more to come on the 1000s.

I think rossi won his last championship when Lorenzo injured himself.....does that take away the significance of that championship as well?

OK then, so why not just say.... nothing and let it go?

How can my ****ing opinion be wrong?

Because you think so?

Answer the question.

I want to know what makes your opinion worth more than mine that you can call me stupid for having one.

First I was, now you don't know. The **** you don't know you said it already.

As i said, I have no idea if you're stupid or not. It is stupid to say no one else wanted it and I stand by it.

I see, because I don't hold a title on a world level I can't have an opinion and I'm stupid...

I guess it begs to ask then, what world series have you won?

I'm not surprised you failed to see the "Max who" reference as in MOTO GP since it is GTAM and it tends to have a lot of thoughtless replies that quickly fall to personal insults because people get all butt hurt about what they read here....

Sigh.

Jia, no offense but if nobody shows up and you win, by default of being the only guy out on the track it's kinda hollow. <--- don't take this as literally next butt hurt commenter.

As far as Rossi goes, I'm sure he and his 7 WC titles give a **** :)

It's just my opinion that Lorenzo will never see the title again. He's good, but he isn't good enough.
Dude you are angry.
I am not a fan at all of Lorenzo, but honda this year is absolutely dominating since before the season started in testing, Lorenzo has had to ride balls out like crazy to even be close to any of the hondas, I give the guy a lot of credit, if Lorenzo and Stoner had the same bike, it would have been a close contest and I am tending to incline for lorenzo.

Dude you are angry.
I am not a fan at all of Lorenzo, but honda this year is absolutely dominating since before the season started in testing, Lorenzo has had to ride balls out like crazy to even be close to any of the hondas, I give the guy a lot of credit, if Lorenzo and Stoner had the same bike, it would have been a close contest and I am tending to incline for lorenzo.

I agree with the anger statement. I also agree that Lorenzo deserves a lot of credit but I don't think it would have been closer if he was on a Honda. Lorenzo's style suits the Yamaha very well since it's the most 250 like of the 800s. Casey has proven that he can adapt and ride the hell out of anything.

It's just my opinion that Lorenzo will never see the title again. He's good, but he isn't good enough.

Is that the ony reason you have such a hate-on for him? Are all the one-time WC not "real WC"?

First I was, now you don't know. The **** you don't know you said it already.

He never said you were stupid, just that you said something stupid. It's stupid to think it's the same thing.

It's also stupid to claim that Lorenzo isn't a "real WC". It's stupid to allude to his injury as a broken fingernail. It's stupid to think that anyone would get back on the bike a few hours after losing the end of their finger, regardless of their standing in the WC.

Maybe you're very smart, I don't know. But normally at some point in their lifetimes, smart people do or say smart things.

Every rider has to make their own call. Theres no reason to get onto a race bike if your head isn't completely in it. These guys are riding stupid powerful motorcycles to the edge of their performance and are amongst the top 0.01% of riders world wide. I don't think anyone has the right to call them out, except for other MotoGP/WSBK/etc riders who know what the deal is.

Well done Casey. It's awesome to watch this guy let it rip at PI.

As far as Lorenzo, opting to have a reconstructive surgery instead of fighting for a second chance and having really looooong shot at the title, I think is a no-brainer. He did the right thing. It's better to have all finger tips and try to grab the title next year, rather than deal with it for the rest of his life. Yes he might not be tough enough for sun, but who really cares about that? Certainly not Yamaha. nor him .... nobody else matters, really.

Rossi going down ..... I am wondering, since of course he's blaming the no-feeling-transfering Ducati front end, was he just plain too fast going into the corner and staying on brakes way too much. I mean, to me anybody would be going down regardless what bike they were on, if they entry corner speed was as high as Rossi's ....

Rossi going down ..... I am wondering, since of course he's blaming the no-feeling-transfering Ducati front end, was he just plain too fast going into the corner and staying on brakes way too much. I mean, to me anybody would be going down regardless what bike they were on, if they entry corner speed was as high as Rossi's ....
........and how would Rossi know he was going about to over-ride the front tire? (clue: feeling from the front-end)
At that level they all push the front tire, feel is absolutely critical, without it you go slow or crash, Rossi has done both.

I get it, but his entry speed was just too much so the better feel would just warn him, but it would be too late anyways .... we are talking very short time here between the bike letting you know that the front end is about to go and the actual fall, no? Perhaps he could pick the bike up and let it run wide without falling ... but he just looked very ambitious (too fast) in that corner to me.

Who can hang with Stoner this year? NOOOOOOOOOOOBODY ! ( Sounds like a Lastmans Bad Boy commercial ! )

I get it, but his entry speed was just too much so the better feel would just warn him, but it would be too late anyways .... we are talking very short time here between the bike letting you know that the front end is about to go and the actual fall, no? Perhaps he could pick the bike up and let it run wide without falling ... but he just looked very ambitious (too fast) in that corner to me.

If he consistently pushes the front tire, feeling the front tire going away would result in him standing the bike up and running wide (something we've seen him do many times). They have skills and equipment far beyond anything we can imagine (except me, I've raced a 250gp bike), pushing is part of the game but a rider with the feel of Rossi just falling over like that is a sign of problems.

They mentioned during the race that the Ducati telemetry last year showed that Casey lost the front about 3 times a lap...

They mentioned during the race that the Ducati telemetry last year showed that Casey lost the front about 3 times a lap...
Ducati is such crap that Casey won 23 times on it, a championship, and a multitude of podiums.
NO ONE else can ride that bike like he did. ROSSI incl.

Some good battles that race. Looked like rossi and nicky were going to be able to turn in a decent result untill it came undone. Funny seeing dovi coming ahead of pedrosa after getting dropped from the factory team.

And excuse my ignorance if this is common knowledge but I read that KTM is making a moto3 bike, why not a motogp bike also?

Ducati is such crap that Casey won 23 times on it, a championship, and a multitude of podiums.

it's rossi's first season on it. cut him some slack.

i remember rossi doing many passes like that on the yami, and he always made it stick.

they are not the same bike.....this year it's a carbon fibre chassis with a different feel.
Bikes suit certain riders, stoner had a handle on the previous Ducati, but not the Honda he rode before.

it's rossi's first season on it. cut him some slack.

Trying to be objective and cut him slack is harder and harder to do to be honest. They are really going backwards. First year or not, doesn't matter when you are making comparisons to Stoner. He joined Ducati in 2007 and I don't have to tell you what has happened in that year. Yeah people constantly argue that the Duc was the best bike 07, like the Honda is the best bike this year. While probably true (there were riders with identical machinery), Stoner was capable of adjusting to a new bike ... something Rossi is clearly not able to do (Stoner has won on the same bike 3 races at the end of the season). Nor is his crew, incl. JB able to understand and set the bike up, which is probably huge part of the problem and hence them testing 1million of different parts.

Rossi fans have a hard time swallowing this fact that there's perhaps someone new who has shown more skill (not more titles over all!) in recent 800cc era than their own GOAT.

Last edited:
Rossi fans have a hard time swallowing this fact that there's perhaps someone new who has shown more skill (not more titles over all!) in recent 800cc era than their own GOAT.

^ this.

But to be fair, what Stoner hasn't demonstrated a lot of is racecraft. He may have it, as evidenced by the epic duel @ Laguna Seca in 08, but most of his wins have been runaways, leading from pole to flag.

In the 990 and previous era, Rossi often had to overcome a poor start and fought from mid-pack for his wins, even toying with his competitors (intentionally letting them pass him) for an exciting last lap pass.

While Stoner is blindly quick on a bike, he just doesn't put on a good show. He does deserve his championship crown this year though - and being on a Honda has nothing to do with it. Anyone who says differently hasn't really been watching the season with an objective eye.

Back
Top Bottom