2011 Moto GP? | Page 15 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

Sick is an understatement, the kid on another level! I hope everyone saw the slow mo's of him drifting that Honda last sunday:shock:

PA950949.jpg

Lorenzo is lucky to be in the points lead. That Stoner/Rossi crash is still helping him.

Also, we'll see how Lorenzo can develop the bike. Clearly, Honda is #1 right now. Can Yamaha improve?

Watching Stoner drift on the weekend was truly awesome.... Now, it looks like he is putting his faith in the TC, which good for him after riding the Ducati and getting used to it.. looks like Honda's TC system is #1 this year, with their speed trap #1's and watching Casey basically highside coming out of that left hander every time and the rear always came back in line.

Awesome indeed!

[video=youtube;dBeS9mUImd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBeS9mUImd4[/video]

Looks like a good example of loading the inside peg to make the bike over-steer. Very cool.... I'm too chicken to try.... maybe on a 50cc dirt bike I'll give it a go. :D

That black and white picture is pretty awesome. However, I don't think the lean angle is more than 60 degrees.... the turtles rise up quite a bit.... he's pretty close to the edge of traction though.

Came across this article, thought it would be good fodder for discussion here;

Is MotoGP getting too soft?

I've been thinking that the officials have been getting too meddlesome, they should just let 'em race. But not sure how that pertains to being too soft, or biased, or whatever they're saying in this article.

Awesome indeed!

[video=youtube;dBeS9mUImd4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBeS9mUImd4[/video]

waouw, that video is amazing.
it would be nice to see a close-up of his throttle hand during the whole process.

waouw, that video is amazing.
it would be nice to see a close-up of his throttle hand during the whole process.
You'd just see a whole lot of pinned, not very interesting. What you want to see is the data traces of the fuel and timimg, that would be interesting.

A little more entertaining than last week anyway....

The battle for 2nd was pretty good until everyone decided they didn't want to play anymore lol.

15 bikes on the grid is sort of a joke though, and the gaps between riders is immense. If Stoner continues this consistency and pace he's basically checked out.
Something needs to be done to add bikes to the grid that will be somewhat competitive, most think the CRT bikes are just another bunch of backmarker bikes waiting to be, as we know now is possible, lapped by Stoner.

You know there are issues in the playing field when riders are being lapped at MotoGP level. Was nice to see Colin on the podium though!

You'd just see a whole lot of pinned, not very interesting. What you want to see is the data traces of the fuel and timimg, that would be interesting.

It doesn't work that way. TC can only limit wheelspin from power delivery, it can't control the lateral slide of the tire in any way.

Moto2 and WSBK so much more exciting to watch, but the MotoGP bikes are great to see in action.

It doesn't work that way. TC can only limit wheelspin from power delivery, it can't control the lateral slide of the tire in any way.
Huh?? how does one generate lateral slide on corner exit? Would it be via the same wheelspin and power delivery that you spoke of?
The question was regarding throttle control during powerslides, the TC system is designed to have the rider get to 100% throttle as soon as possible allowing the electronics to manage the pre-programmed wheelspin percentage and yaw angle.

Forget the electronics.I'd love to see Stoner on a 500 two stroke!

It's always possible to drive beyond the grip of the front or rear tire regardless of wheelspin. The bike is balanced by application of brake, steering, and throttle control. The TC system won't balance the bike on the throttle, as you said it's purpose is to ramp up acceleration as quickly as possible so if balancing the bike requires throttle modulation then relying on the TC system will screw you.

Back
Top Bottom