"“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

"“It’s not the other vehicle you need to worry about.”" - Halton POlice

Most people would kick my *** on the street (still unsure of how to judge that sort of competition??). That doesn't mean a damn thing when it comes to actual riding skill. All it shows is that I have the skill to keep myself in check and don't need to show anyone how awesome I am at riding a bike. Taking an on/off ramp at triple the posted speed or weaving through traffic doesn't show much when it comes to riding abilities but it definitely highlights that riders inability to process the risk/reward factor of their actions.

With that, you've come full circle to what I think @inreb was getting at.. Seems you equate skill with speed.. You're missing the point...

With that, you've come full circle to what I think @inreb was getting at.. Seems you equate skill with speed.. You're missing the point...

Uhh....quite the opposite. It does take skill to ride at speed but doing so on the street is dumb which is why I'd be the last guy to get to the coffee shop if I were to ride with others. That does not mean I lack the skill to ride the bike quickly but I don't feel the need to do so. I do prefer riding in a circle more or less.

After riding on the street for 13 years I had 0 tickets, 0 accidents, and 0 times myself or my bike touched the ground. The whole time and place thing was well respected when I rode.

Last edited:
Uhh....quite the opposite. It does take skill to ride at speed but doing so on the street is dumb which is why I'd be the last guy to get to the coffee shop if I were to ride with others. That does not mean I lack the skill to ride the bike quickly but I don't feel the need to do so. I do prefer riding in a circle more or less.

Did I say differently?

Let me rephrase; seems you feel speed is the only (or most important) measure of skill. Letting that go, you get what he said elsewhere.

Did I say differently?

Let me rephrase; seems you feel speed is the only (or most important) measure of skill. Letting that go, you get what he said elsewhere.

Sure. I guess today can be Opposite Day because this is the exact thing I wasn't saying...

Sure. I guess today can be Opposite Day because this is the exact thing I wasn't saying...

Here you did, which is exactly what my come full circle comment implied.. sorry, the other day you seemed rather offended by a comment about not throwing out blanket respect for the skill racers must have.

@boyoboy... you just going to follow me around because I didn't agree with you elsewhere? cool.

Here you did, which is exactly what my come full circle comment implied.. sorry, the other day you seemed rather offended by a comment about not throwing out blanket respect for the skill racers must have.

@boyoboy... you just going to follow me around because I didn't agree with you elsewhere? cool.

There was no offence taken. Everyone can think that racing is easy or that they can do what any racer does, doesn't bother me. Inreb can have his opinions, I can have mine, I think we're both adults.

The coles notes of my post was saying that you can ride as fast as you want on the street, that doesn't mean you have skill. Just because you can ride faster then someone on the street doesn't mean you have more skill then the other person in this imaginary competition It means that maybe the other rider isn't swinging his dick around while ramping and weaving through traffic because he/she has nothing to prove.

and maybe the guy zippin around on a dual sport doesn't dedicate his time and money to running lap times within 3 seconds of the pros because he/she has nothing to prove... you see?

and maybe the guy zippin around on a dual sport doesn't dedicate his time and money to running lap times within 3 seconds of the pros because he/she has nothing to prove... you see?

I am a pro, earned my black numbers last year. The guy riding around on his DS can enjoy what he's doing the same as I will. Some people want to compete and see how much they can progress their skills, others will fool themselves into thinking they can do the same without the dedication or that with a bit of practice they can do anything.

You're a professional ramper aren't you?

Last edited:
I am a pro, earned my black numbers last year. The guy riding around on his DS can enjoy what he's doing the same as I will. Some people want to compete and see how much they can progress their skills, others will fool themselves into thinking they can do the same without the dedication or that with a bit of practice they can do anything.

You're a professional ramper aren't you?

You a professional straw man erector?

Can we go back to the dick swinging? From a female POV that was golden!

Neil, come to the track. You'll see. It's really not street vs track riders, it more about where you can practice (at speed round corners). Then you get humbled by a 2fiddy and STFU. Nothing about proving anything, I know I'm faster through the twisties than the average peep. Don't have to prove anything

Neil, come to the track. You'll see. It's really not street vs track riders, it more about where you can practice (at speed round corners). Then you get humbled by a 2fiddy and STFU. Nothing about proving anything, I know I'm faster through the twisties than the average peep. Don't have to prove anything

no need to get abusive about it. I'm not actually interested in being faster than the next... soo... call outs noted, who keeps on about proving anything?

Can we not get this thread locked yet? I'm not gonna hear back from HRP until next week at the earliest

no need to get abusive about it. I'm not actually interested in being faster than the next... soo... call outs noted, who keeps on about proving anything?

Holy crap that was a general comment on being humbled by a talented rider.

Who are you and why would I call you out on anything? For all I know you could be a great rider, and fast. However your posts seem to point to you actually not knowing.

Call out? Lol, ok, you've just been called out by a middle aged broad. Let's go!

Exactly. I stopped riding on the street when I realized that I couldn't progress as a rider SAFELY anymore.

Some people don't like to get humbled, big fish small pond kinda thing.

This is still going on? lol

The way I see it is that I can't change anyone's mind as to whether or not xyz takes skill or xyz will teach you something.

.....but I sure as hell will call out people who disagree with something without knowing the full picture (iOS vs Android for example, neither is actually better).

With that said, Neil_V, I swear you are trolling or high.

priceless! lmao
and to get back to the subject (and not your subject naughty girl meme)...

it seems to me that the halton police should have said "there is more to worry about than just the other vehicle" the halton police badly worded their statement.

油井緋色;2434881 said:
This is still going on? lol

The way I see it is that I can't change anyone's mind as to whether or not xyz takes skill or xyz will teach you something.

.....but I sure as hell will call out people who disagree with something without knowing the full picture (iOS vs Android for example, neither is actually better).

With that said, Neil_V, I swear you are trolling or high.

Care to elaborate?

This kicked off on an observation, and everything that's been thrown my way since merely reinforced the comment. I'll be sure to salute next time a track bike laden trailer rolls by.

FWIW, it's an interesting vibe I'm getting. I used to be quite the skateboarder and grew up with a guy who went pro and did quite well for himself. He never once questioned why I still regularly skated the downtown core over dedicated facilities.. again, just observation.

priceless! lmao
and to get back to the subject (and not your subject naughty girl meme)...

it seems to me that the halton police should have said "there is more to worry about than just the other vehicle" the halton police badly worded their statement.

Wording it like that doesn't fit the motorcycles are their own worst enemy message they're trying to convey here.

Back
Top Bottom