F1 Thread!!! | Page 63 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

Don't take Melbourne to mean too much... it always puts me to sleep every year.

What was the deal with that message from Bernie at the beginning?
That wasn't really Bernie, it was just a couple of kids who spliced together bits from a bunch of old recordings of Bernie to make a new message. They're trying to fool people into believing that he's still alive.

Who would have thought that MB boys will screw their strategy up so badly?? Vettel was fast, no question. But to pit both cars on 5th lap when LH was pulling away from Vettel in 2nd leaves one scratching his head. I think LH clearly took a small dig at the "team" strategy in the post race chat.

What in the world is going on with the rest of the teams??? .... When Raikonen ends 4th losing a whole lap with a puncture. Talk about weak field.

Finally, last time I cheered for Ferrari was when Gilles was driving for them.

Who would have thought that MB boys will screw their strategy up so badly?? Vettel was fast, no question. But to pit both cars on 5th lap when LH was pulling away from Vettel in 2nd leaves one scratching his head. I think LH clearly took a small dig at the "team" strategy in the post race chat.

What in the world is going on with the rest of the teams??? .... When Raikonen ends 4th losing a whole lap with a puncture. Talk about weak field.

Raikonen was able to recover mostly due to the safety car.
It is sad to see a company like Honda, know for their reliability, not being able to finish a race and to make matters worse, qualifying in the back of the field. Unreliable and under powered, that is their new slogan.

Introducing todays edition of "eat those words"....

Yep you got me on that one...... As much as I was wrong . I definately enjoyed watching Vettel win for Ferrari and watching Lewis get ****** about his tire choices......

Forza Ferrari..

Yep you got me on that one...... As much as I was wrong . I definately enjoyed watching Vettel win for Ferrari and watching Lewis get ****** about his tire choices......

Forza Ferrari..

Not his choice! Hear how ****** he was about the engineers decision !

Lol "stop talking to me in the corners" someone was not happy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not his choice! Hear how ****** he was about the engineers decision !

Lol "stop talking to me in the corners" someone was not happy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was clear about the blame ... LOL .... It's surprising though that a smart fella like him simply doesn't question the teams decision to pit way too early and basically lock them into a 3 stopper.

It's clear that if another team have tried it, they would fail ... so yes Ferrari is clearly much approved in tire management, speed and fuel/power management. Perhaps part of it is Vettel's hands and feet too .... so the combination puts them closer to MB. But on an even strategy race, they will be 3rd at best. MB can just follow their strategies and they will not lose .... which I hope they actually do, so we have some good racing to watch.

Raikonen was able to recover mostly due to the safety car.
It is sad to see a company like Honda, know for their reliability, not being able to finish a race and to make matters worse, qualifying in the back of the field. Unreliable and under powered, that is their new slogan.

Way too early to draw that conclusion.
There could be many factors that may lead to the "park both cars". For instance, if the rest of the car (aero) isn't quite up to par (enroute but not at the current race), it's not worth cranking up the power/heat/unreliability in a season where they are restricted on number of engines before grid penalties. Save mileage, save wear, save an engine for service in the latter stages of the season when the rest of the package is up to par. Or maybe the current aero leads to catastrophically high degradation in the tires. Maybe with this setup, they can be racing with the back markers, to no points... so park and save the mileage for when the rest of the setup is good for race distance.

Food for thought.

But to save it for what? To run 10 at best?? .... I say turn the puppy up, if it breaks, it breaks. Make a design change, start from the back and go for it. It's not like this combo will suffer financially. It's actually more punishing/embarrassing when they pull cars in prematurely like they did ... in my opinion.

Anyway, I think most people expected them to have a trial season, yet most of us hoped for much better. The only strange thing is that Alonso claims to be happy, after spending 3 days in hospital and DNA in the next race. Dennis caught lying about th incident .... not a good start. Why did he even bother to come back??

Passing in the pits .... the way to go, safest, but most boring ... :) . BTW, I hate that too and it happens more often than not ... would be my guesstimate.

I think F1 should copy the regulation from MotoGP, allowing new engine manufacturer to use more engine in one or two years for testing and development. Without that regulation Honda wouldn't want to take any risk and prefer to bring the cars back to the garage rather than end up using all the engines before the first half of the season.

MotoGP has done a fantastic job by bringing teams of each class closer together. F1 on the other hand did the opposite, making it very difficult for new comer to enter the competition. I felt bad for Marussia last year, I think it's time for Bernie to step down and let someone younger to come up with a better system.

I enjoy the pomp and ceremony of Formula 1. 20 minutes and counting to Green Flag + 2 laps is like a party I'll never be invited to. The rest of it is also BS.

Ferrari's are looking pretty racy in Bahrain. Practice being shown on TSN2 right now....

Sent from my Passport

t0pzjs1ipz9gnyiyuthv.jpg

Ferrari made a mistake in Bahrain, they should have called Kimi in for the 2nd pit stop 3-4 laps earlier. Not sure what happened to Vettel, made too many unnecessary mistakes. Should have let Kimi pass from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom