F1 Thread!!! | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

He was already in town for the 2015 Arnold Classic Australia. Eddie Hall set a new dead lift record (1018 lbs.).

[video=youtube;E9zfqqccFjQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9zfqqccFjQ[/video]

Zzzz, that was a snooze festival.
Tell me about it. 50 some-odd laps and Nico couldn't break that 2 second cushion between himself and the Hamster. Then during the interview claims he was pushing his car to the limits. Whatev...

Its kind of pathetic when only what 5 cars finished on the final lap. Ferrari finshed 3rd 34 seconds behind 2nd. No one is even close to being in the same league as Mercedes. Have to say that Vettel did look good in the Ferrari. Good to Sauber Ferrari finish high up ....

Last edited:
Zzzz, that was a snooze festival.
Yep, pretty pathetic race. I'd feel bad for the announcers, but since Coulthard's sidekick is a ranting excitable bullschitter it saves him from having to descend to that level so I don't have to feel bad for either one of them.

Last edited:
It's not "their" engine as you know .... It's not like the rest didn't complain when they ruled. They have a point, that F1 was always ready to equalize performances through rule changes. Seems like not this time ...

Anyway, I have seen enough to predict 2015 ... Benz will win every race, LH will be the champ again and McLaren Honda (what an utter disappointment) will not score more than 20 points.

Seems like, the "best" entertainment was Sauber saga in the court room and clueless Arnold doing post-interview. Thanks god for PVR's and being able to fast forward through the coverage.

It's not "their" engine as you know .... It's not like the rest didn't complain when they ruled. They have a point, that F1 was always ready to equalize performances through rule changes. Seems like not this time ...

Correct, the Renault is the dog but it's a bit rich for Horner to be whining so loudly which seems to correspond to their overall lack of form. He wasn't complaining when the RB was running away with it for 4 years.

Nevertheless, the year certainly has started out with a pile of drama. 15 cars starting, 11 finishing, Merc running away with it, Macca at the very back, missing drivers and on and on.

Hopefully they get the grid numbers up and Ferrari and Williams give Merc a run for their money.

Of course he was not complaining when they ruled (who would have?) ... but guess who did ... all the other big fish ... and one invented advantage after another was slowly removed, remember ... why? ... To equalize the field. Of course there will be threats of Red Bull to leave if something does not happen ... that will put pressure on Renault and F1, but rest assured Red Bull cannot, not very easily, leave ... since they are under contract for another 4 or so years. It would cost them dearly ... I would bet that they will switch after this season and Renault will leave F1 ... the only two teams using the units currently are not doing very well.

The saddest part is that you will not see the grid numbers go up .... while there's a clause in the agreement about 16 cars ... but, everyone have thought that F1 is on the hook for the cars, it doesn't appear to be the case. Bernie's lawyers handled it well, so the old man has to only prove that he tried to secure 16 cars .... the fact he failed, oh well ... LOL

What's the point of putting 16 cars on the grid when only 2 are competitive. I don't ever recall the gap being as big as it has been in the past year and this race. Gone are the days when you had to be a skilled driver with a reliable car. At this rate they should just have Mercedes make the engines for all the teams. F1 is becoming a joke and boring to watch. When you combine the sound of the new cars and almost no head to head racing. All you have left are time trials. It's like watching qualifying. Why even bother with a race.

Why even bother with a race.

Well, as long as Bernie comes up with the cash for the top 4 teams to play with, the show, albeit boring, will go on. If you noticed, most free-to-air TV contracts are gone ... so Bernie is squeezing the cash wherever he can and so far so good. Even though the TV audience has consistently dropping ... who could have imagined ... no race in Germany. People just doesn't seem to bother there, even though a huge investment has been made by the Russian tycoon ... people just don't come.

So yes at some point, Bernie will run into a trouble, but perhaps at that point he will just quietly retire ... LOL

:lol: and he didnt even know the drivers names and probably had no clue what they were until that day....

Too freaking difficult to look at the belts of their suits ... LOL .... I don't blame him, but surely I would fire the guy who made that decision. Embarrassment on a great scale, not mentioning the fact that he didn't even recognize the greats of the past standing right in front of him.

Correct, the Renault is the dog but it's a bit rich for Horner to be whining so loudly which seems to correspond to their overall lack of form. He wasn't complaining when the RB was running away with it for 4 years.

There were a number of rules changed/implemented over the last few seasons (exhaust. diffuser, front wing) to reign in Red Bull, so Horner has a point.

Apparently, they were even forcing certain fuel maps restrictions on them back then.

Don't take Melbourne to mean too much... it always puts me to sleep every year.

What was the deal with that message from Bernie at the beginning?

Back
Top Bottom