Amber alert | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Amber alert

What I'd like to know is why it went from 4 beeps and a text message scrolling across the TV screen (like weather /tornado warnings still are) to an air raid siren going off in my living room.

can't fathom this
as a Dad to a Daughter
who is the most precious thing in the world to him
brain just can't get there

You can't get there because you're a decent human being.
"[FONT=&quot]Roopesh Rajkumar" might as well kill himself now.
[/FONT]Jail isn't going to be kind.

That is not an amber alert system at all. It's the Emegency alert system. Completely different and not at all what people are talking about in this thread.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Actually, it is. The amber alert was communicated through the EAS.

Actually, it is. The amber alert was communicated through the EAS.
I get that. However what was issued was an amber alert that evening, not an emergency alert. No? Two different things, operating on the same alert system, but with two different reasons and meanings.

I get that. However what was issued was an amber alert that evening, not an emergency alert. No? Two different things, operating on the same alert system, but with two different reasons and meanings.

An amber alert is just a declaration. There is no “amber alert system”.

What actually popped up on your phone and tv and over the radio is the EAS actually doing the distribution thereof.

I get that. However what was issued was an amber alert that evening, not an emergency alert.

And that's the point. The EAS was implemented to warn the general public of a disaster. AMBER Alert was an afterthought and extremely location/threat specific. It's pointless to roust me about something im Brampton @ 11:30 on a weeknight, unless I looked out the window and the suspect happens to be driving up my dead end street off a dead end street on the edge of nowhere. I'd have better odds of hitting the Lotto Max.

It's pointless to roust me about something im Brampton @ 11:30 on a weeknight, unless I looked out the window and the suspect happens to be driving up my dead end street off a dead end street on the edge of nowhere.

There’s a good change that within a short distance of where this guy was eventually found (as a result of this alert, let’s all remember) there’s a dead end street off a dead end street in the edge of nowhere as well, perhaps with someone living on it that perhaps feels the same as you.

Hopefully you get my point.

There’s a good change that within a short distance of where this guy was eventually found (as a result of this alert, let’s all remember) there’s a dead end street off a dead end street in the edge of nowhere as well, perhaps with someone living on it that perhaps feels the same as you.
Hopefully you get my point.

The child’s mother went to Peel’s 22 Division when Roopesh, her former boyfriend, didn’t return with the little girl at the agreed-upon time of 6:30 p.m., and began making comments suggesting he was going to harm both himself and his daughter, police said.An Amber Alert was issued by Peel police at around 11:30 p.m. asking anybody who spotted the pair or the father’s 2005 silver two-door Honda Civic to call 911. Roopesh and his vehicle were spotted shortly after midnight by a citizen in Oro-Medonte, between Barrie and Orillia. He was taken into custody after a high-risk takedown by provincial police on Hwy. 11, and was handed over to Peel cops Friday morning.After his arrest, police went to a home on Hansen Rd., in the Kennedy Rd. N. and Williams Pkwy. area, in Brampton and found young the Meadowvale Village Public School student dead."

Something just doesn't add up. For argument's sake say the mother was at the station at 7pm to report the abduction. The AMBER Alert wasn't made till 11:30. The cops didn't go to his house till after he was arrested shortly after midnight. Now I'm not a cop, and I don't play one on TV, but if I was, the first thing I'd do is get a warrant and send inspectors to his house to search for any clues that may give an idea of where he might be heading, not wait 5 1/2 hour and say, "well, we're stumped, let's send out an AMBER Alert". That's shoddy work, at best.

From what the police rep said in interviews, they did go to his house, but his car wasn't there and no one answered. They can't just go knocking in doors like on TV. There was no indication anything was amiss at the house at the time they first attended.

From what the police rep said in interviews, they did go to his house, but his car wasn't there and no one answered. They can't just go knocking in doors like on TV. There was no indication anything was amiss at the house at the time they first attended.

The police can walk right through your door if they think that a crime is/has been committed. In the latest instance all they'd need is a warrant and a battering ram to enter and investigate for leads.

What no one seems to understand is, there's the Joe Bass' of the world (anytime/anywhere), and the rest. Was it necessary to send the last alert as far as Winnipeg (it's a yes or no answer)? Alerts to the Golden horseshoe for a custody squabble in Thunder Bay? Wait 5 1/2 hours till 2/3 of the province was in bed to send an alert? Unless they find a way to make the system more streamlined/location specific the Car Alarm in the City Phenomenon (aka urban crickets) will come into play. The alarms will be sent out and a whole hell of a lot of people will think "Not again. Probably some guy and his wife squabbling over custody in Moosonee" and ignore it, They'll turn their electronics off/silent, then go on with what they were doing.

Last edited:
The child’s mother went to Peel’s 22 Division when Roopesh, her former boyfriend, didn’t return with the little girl at the agreed-upon time of 6:30 p.m., and began making comments suggesting he was going to harm both himself and his daughter, police said.An Amber Alert was issued by Peel police at around 11:30 p.m. asking anybody who spotted the pair or the father’s 2005 silver two-door Honda Civic to call 911. Roopesh and his vehicle were spotted shortly after midnight by a citizen in Oro-Medonte, between Barrie and Orillia. He was taken into custody after a high-risk takedown by provincial police on Hwy. 11, and was handed over to Peel cops Friday morning.After his arrest, police went to a home on Hansen Rd., in the Kennedy Rd. N. and Williams Pkwy. area, in Brampton and found young the Meadowvale Village Public School student dead."

Something just doesn't add up. For argument's sake say the mother was at the station at 7pm to report the abduction. The AMBER Alert wasn't made till 11:30. The cops didn't go to his house till after he was arrested shortly after midnight. Now I'm not a cop, and I don't play one on TV, but if I was, the first thing I'd do is get a warrant and send inspectors to his house to search for any clues that may give an idea of where he might be heading, not wait 5 1/2 hour and say, "well, we're stumped, let's send out an AMBER Alert". That's shoddy work, at best.

I'm not sure where you got that timeline from.. but it's not the same as put out by peel police.
The girl was found around 11pm... The guy was arrested around midnight.

The police can walk right through your door if they think that a crime is/has been committed. In the latest instance all they'd need is a warrant and a battering ram to enter and investigate for leads.

What no one seems to understand is, there's the Joe Bass' of the world (anytime/anywhere), and the rest. Was it necessary to send the last alert as far as Winnipeg (it's a yes or no answer)? Alerts to the Golden horseshoe for a custody squabble in Thunder Bay? Wait 5 1/2 hours till 2/3 of the province was in bed to send an alert? Unless they find a way to make the system more streamlined/location specific the Car Alarm in the City Phenomenon (aka urban crickets) will come into play. The alarms will be sent out and a whole hell of a lot of people will think "Not again. Probably some guy and his wife squabbling over custody in Moosonee" and ignore it, They'll turn their electronics off/silent, then go on with what they were doing.

That's not true.

Cop kicks in door and hour later 'guy' shows up having had a car breakdown and his cell phone was dead. Headline reads, Militant cops in hobbnailed boots storm residence.
Cops follow the system mapped out for them, Headline reads, Cops sitting on thier hands waste precious hours, girl found dead.
They cant win.
Need to wake me up at 11pm?? I loose 15 mins, this girl gets to sleep forever now. Wake me up.
Why as far as Winnipeg? its two hrs from the Ontario border, maybe he has family there. Grab a flt from Brampton and your in Winnipeg in two hrs.
The amber alert is fascism?? Wow, thats beyond deep.

I'm not sure where you got that timeline from.. but it's not the same as put out by peel police.
The girl was found around 11pm... The guy was arrested around midnight.

Because we all know the Peel police would never "stretch the truth". Hell, the chief was accused of going to the hospital and tampering with a witness. Their penchant for covering things up is well known. If the girl was found at 11 as you say, why did they release an alert at 11:30 for the suspect and his daughter? If that were the case it would have been a basic murder suspect BOLO sent out.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...bducted-by-father-found-dead-in-brampton-home

That's not true.

If you're in your living room beating your wife do you actually think the cops have to stand outside waiting for another cop to show up with a warrant?

Last edited:
Because we all know the Peel police would never "stretch the truth". Hell, the chief was accused of going to the hospital and tampering with a witness. Their penchant for covering things up is well known. If the girl was found at 11 as you say, why did they release an alert at 11:30 for the suspect and his daughter? If that were the case it would have been a basic murder suspect BOLO sent out.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-n...bducted-by-father-found-dead-in-brampton-home

If you're in your living room beating your wife do you actually think the cops have to stand outside waiting for another cop to show up with a warrant?

you're not incorrect, it has to be an emergency situation to provide aide to someone inside. This and hot pursuit are really the only instances they can enter without a warrant.

you're not incorrect, it has to be an emergency situation to provide aide to someone inside. This and hot pursuit are really the only instances they can enter without a warrant.

Yes. And if in this instance the cops had asked for a warrant to enter the house to investigate any potential leads to what amounts to a kidnapping w. threats of harm instead of "uh, we knocked on the door and no one was home", there isn't a judge in the province that wouldn't have signed off on it.

Was it necessary to send the last alert as far as Winnipeg (it's a yes or no answer)? Alerts to the Golden horseshoe for a custody squabble in Thunder Bay? .

The cellphone version of the EAS is still a work in progress....lets remember that it was only a few months ago that the initial tests happened. Is it perfect yet? Nope. Does that mean it should simply be trashed as a result? Nope.

And as for location, the guy was already 150KM away and was still headed north when he was caught. It's entirely possible given another hour or so he could have been well on his way to North Bay, Sudbury...etc. Are you suggesting that they geographically limit an alert to basically the backyard of where it originated? That's a rather naive suggestion considering the reality of how easy it is for people to flee at high speed in a car. Hell, had he been driving since 6:30PM or whenever this all officially started, by 11PM he could have been virtually anywhere in Southern Ontario, or given the direction he ended up travelling (which wasn't known at the time), well on his way to even a place like Sault Ste Marie. Nobody knew where he was headed, how long he'd been driving, and at what speed.

It's easy to deconstruct this all after the fact and say "could have done, should have done", but in the heat of the moment when you don't have ANY of the info we all have after the fact, you do what you need to do.

Back
Top Bottom