MotoGP 2018 | Page 47 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

Re: 2018 MotoGP Races: Where are the torrents, I need my MotoGP TORRENT!!!! Please...

Yep looks like the deal is already done and was done prior to Mugello apparently! Oh how Jorge would love to win on 3 manufacturers!
The most aggressive rider on the grid and the smoothest rider on the grid on the same, ultra aggressive bike!
Will be interesting for sure!! I bet Cal is ******!

Re: 2018 MotoGP Races: Where are the torrents, I need my MotoGP TORRENT!!!! Please...

Lorenzo - Honda sounds like a good match to me!

Good news I think. I would love to see JL running on a Honda. He is more like a lonely Woolf pilot, than a team working partner. Very different style than Danny in that aspect, too passive for my taste, some times I wonder ¿why does he not pass MM, if he is doing better times?.
I wold love to see MM and JL running on the same team, that would be better for HRC, MotoGP and the show.

RL

Ha ha ha.... I was right lol

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Lorenzo - Honda sounds like a good match to me!

I was really hoping that satellite Yamaha was a done deal, as it would have been critical to get Yamaha back in contention; however, I'm not convinced that his riding style will suit the HRC at all. If the Ducati wasn't smooth enough for him and required he adapt, how will he deal with the Honda which is a ****ing monster? I really hope he doesn't remain in the back of the pack again for another few years because he can't ride the bike to get the most out of it.

Harsh news for Pedrosa, and while not entirely unexpected, its hard to see him go out like this after countless injuries. Also, I was really wanting to see Mir on the HRC by 2020, so much for that, I guess. I really wonder how Puig got Nakamoto and the HRC big-wigs to sign-off on booting Dani when he is the perfect wingman for Marc, and they have dominated the constructors championship in this series. So, even if he was signed on the cheap considering Jlo's recent slump he is not a sure bet to help win the constructors prize.

Last edited:

I was really hoping that satellite Yamaha was a done deal, as it would have been critical to get Yamaha back in contention; however, I'm not convinced that his riding style will suit the HRC at all. If the Ducati wasn't smooth enough for him and required he adapt, how will he deal with the Honda which is a ****ing monster? I really hope he doesn't remain in the back of the pack again for another few years because he can't ride the bike to get the most out of it.

Harsh news for Pedrosa, and while not entirely unexpected, its hard to see him go out like this after countless injuries. Also, I was really wanting to see Mir on the HRC by 2020, so much for that, I guess. I really wonder how Puig got Nakamoto and the HRC big-wigs to sign-off on booting Dani when he is the perfect wingman for Marc, and they have dominated the constructors championship in this series. So, even if he was signed on the cheap considering Jlo's recent slump he is not a sure bet to help win the constructors prize.
I have been thinking about this lorenzo move and not sure I understand what honda is trying to achieve

Do they not want to put all their eggs in one basket with marquez? They keep winning constructors championship with the current setup so why change it

Or maybe they feel marc will be leaving soon??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have been thinking about this lorenzo move and not sure I understand what honda is trying to achieve

Do they not want to put all their eggs in one basket with marquez? They keep winning constructors championship with the current setup so why change it

Or maybe they feel marc will be leaving soon??

insurance in case Marquez is out with injury?
Lo is clearly an improvement over Pedrosa
and not a threat to the super ant's ego

very interesting to see JL moving to hrc. I think this is a great move by honda. They likely got JL for a bargain price. Yes JL hasn't performed as hoped on the ducati. It just wasn't happening for JL. But I think lorenzos struggles with the ducati speak more of the talent of dovi, rather than a lack of ability on lorenzo's part. Yes this going to be very interesting. Im going to miss pedrosa.

If Dani could handle the Honda I'm sure JL will be able to get to grips with it.
Maybe they'll give him a magic fuel tank? :)
Good news for Petrucci too.

Mir with 0 experience on the big bikes.
Jorge can ride anything if its built for him. Rossi on the podium where was Maverick.

i think you will see just how good Marquez is right now over the entire field when Lorenzo joins Honda. JL will win at maybe three/four tracks , Marquez the rest.

BB

No question MM has the talent on the Honda. JLo on a Honda remains to be seen...will be up there though. Yamaha needs to get things together for Rossi and Zarco.

Hope Dani gets a ride that works to keep him up at the top. Shame he never got a championship...was so close.

Hope Dani gets a ride that works to keep him up at the top. Shame he never got a championship...was so close.

Rumour is that he's announcing his retirement next race.

Mir with 0 experience on the big bikes.
Jorge can ride anything if its built for him. Rossi on the podium where was Maverick.

Apparently Mir has been training on a liter bike in preparation for MotoGP early on, and is said to have had more time than that than the 600s, so while not an 2017 HRC he has made efforts. Also, his riding style is more compatible with Marc's than JLO's. Mir is a super aggressive rider with experience fighting from the back with super aggressive starts and was sliding and late braking the Leopard Honda since 2016. His style is starting to show itself on the Marc VDS as of late, particularly last race, too. Their was a very obvuiys reason HRC had an option for him for 2019.

VIN was 2nd in the championship going into Muggelo, and now third (not far off Rossi) with a struggling bike setup? Ahead of Dovi who has had a race win and podiums, mind you. VIN needs to get off the line better, because his pace mid to late race is capable to take the fight to Marc if he was in front. JLO was untouchable after Marc fell this weekend so he would likely would have had to battle for 3rd had he kept up his qualy position and had the pace early on, assuming his tires were still good.

Not sure what Yamaha have given Mav after his input as of late but its just not working; things are all over the place as of late which seems to be the most frustrating. I honestly wished JLO would have gone to that proposed Yamaha Satellite team if only to improve the development for the works Yamaha. I really don't see how him on Honda will improve things for Marc or HRC when the bike is finally at a point where it can compete at tracks it has otherwise struggled at and finally got the damn acceleration it needed to compete early on in the season and eliminated the 'floating feeling' he went on and on about.

And if HRC get the Rider's and Constructor's championship, who cares if Crashlow or Nakagami are only left with the random win/podium or collecting points for the rest of the season?

It seems so odd, Marc will likely be a Honda-lifer like Dani and has the full factory support to boot; and honestly what other bike would suit his riding style other than Ducati which he has a clear advantage over?

Rumour is that he's announcing his retirement next race.

Hmm, he has looked pretty beaten this season; I mean that high-side must have had him re-evaluating if it was worth it always riding with an injury if he can't win a championship on the most dominant bike HRC have developed in recent years. It's got to hurt to finally hang it up, but he had a good run and will likely be put out to pasture by HRC somewhere.

Last edited:

@Dani, too bad he couldn't have gone out on a high....without the "side". Like Haga, one of the best not to have won a championship.

Iannone to Aprilia

Maybe dani might get the second suzuki seat?

Back
Top Bottom