Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle? | Page 151 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any GTAM'ers own an electric vehicle?

GM sunk so much money into a dull and overpriced car that is the Volt, and tried for years to get it to catch on, it didn't.

Hmmm.... I'm standing looking out of my office window and I can count 8 in the parking lot. Its a staple here. So is the Prius.

I can't really remember the last time I saw an Insight.

GM and Toyota pretty much wrapped up the market in "Commiefornia" for Daily Driver EV's.

My wife has a Leaf. Its OK for some stuff but its not a replacement for a combustion engine car. She never drives any more than 10 miles so its good enough.

Last edited:
Why Brian, why feed the trolls.

No one wants you here.

Can you please leave?

More of this please.

I have the troll on my blocklist. If all others here would follow suit we can just happily continue to have a big boy discussions.

cmvZjx0.jpg

I needed the above earlier with the goalpost picture to understand the context in which you were talking.

Par for the course when having a “discussion” with Sunny.

Not sure what his deal is but he must be super fun at parties.

No market for PHEVs. Haha!

I’ve had mine for 7 months now and I’ve never even bothered to look for public charging. I only charge at home.... if my driving exceeds the range I get from home then i simply use gas.

12,000km at 1.9L/100km.

No..... market.....

I've seen a few Mitsubishi Outlander PHEVs on the road ... and that requires looking for the badge, so there are probably more that I have seen without noticing.

I’ve seen several BMWs and Porsche’s with GV plates as well. If not for the GV plate I would never have looked twice.

More of this please.

I have the troll on my blocklist. If all others here would follow suit we can just happily continue to have a big boy discussions.

cmvZjx0.jpg

"big boy discussion", says the one posting silly immature juvenile pictures.

If you want to debate the merits of Electric cars, the brilliance of Tesla, and GM cancelling the poor selling Volt and the fact that they are in dire straits, I'd be happy to continue.

Over the last month we've been working with hydro in Newmarket pouring large concrete pads with very deep footings. I had no real idea what we were building, I just supply concrete lol.
I returned to the site today to find a massive array of "stuff" installed on the previously finished pads. It turns out its the new Tesla Supercharging station.
c20621c721a1aa63e1229ad459eda0d7.jpg
4ce39c4949402a109a01c0cd10249a8f.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I just came back after some time out of the country - and no I wasn't in jail LOL - and bought a used Volt. I have to say so far I love it. I'm on a fixed income now so counting my pennies :)

I was in Europe for 9 months and Volt's and Prius are everywhere. They seem to be the 2 best selling EV's - but Volts are branded as the Opel Ampera or Opel Ampera-E - which I believe is the Bolt.

Its definitely the market for these types of cars, tight streets, short distances, and charging stations in every parking lot - we are woefully lacking in this respect in Toronto.

I can see why GM are proactively refocusing the business on EV models, very smart, I just wish Oshawa was part of that.

There are a lot of Tesla's on the street in Europe as well, but almost all are Taxi's as they huge discounts from Tesla as fleet vehicles. Amsterdam taxi fleets have been operating them since 2014

MUSK don't give a crap about GM EV plans, he's more interested in taking over their shuttered factories like he did once before a few years ago.

We'll find out in a few hours, won't we

MUSK don't give a crap about GM EV plans, he's more interested in taking over their shuttered factories like he did once before a few years ago.

Somehow I doubt that. I’ve had a couple of tours of the Fremont plant. It’s not a legacy car production shop. It’s more like a clean room for electronics assembly. Skill sets required are, at least for the propulsion part, very different as well. Most of those folks are grads.

Why are GM abandoning legacy facilities when pivoting into EV’s? It’s cheaper to build from scratch and you are hot saddled with the toxic mess that has built up over the years

Musk is gone anyway. Robyn Denholm is the new chair. I think that’s great for Tesla. She is a really smart lady and had held a number of senior roles in Silicon Valley.

Last edited:
I was in Europe for 9 months and Volt's and Prius are everywhere. They seem to be the 2 best selling EV's - but Volts are branded as the Opel Ampera or Opel Ampera-E - which I believe is the Bolt.

Would agree with this. EV’s are everywhere in Europe. Not just daily drivers but taxi fleets and I have even seen a number of Porsche hybrids on the road. Ferrari will even have EV models by 2023. Apparently the next Corvette will be EV or have EV options.

It’s coming.

GM were smart to revector the company. I would be more worried about Ford and Chrysler surviving. Their EV strategy is poor and unsuccessful.

Last edited:
Apparently the next Corvette will be EV or have EV options.

The C8 will have a V8. The C8 1/2 will have a V8 or an optional TT V8. They will be the last Vettes with an ICE.

GM finally realized to be a world class car, the corvette needs its engine on the rear wheels. We will finally see this in the next gen vette.

Maybe on the generation following the new one due to arrive, they will figure out AWD and hybrid tech for a corvette.

Why have the Corvette and the Camaro battling the same market with similar tech and high hp V8s? Never understood this. The Camaro is nearly as capable as a Vette now, but why?

Clueless....

Would agree with this. EV’s are everywhere in Europe. Not just daily drivers but taxi fleets and I have even seen a number of Porsche hybrids on the road. Ferrari will even have EV models by 2023. Apparently the next Corvette will be EV or have EV options.

It’s coming.

GM were smart to revector the company. I would be more worried about Ford and Chrysler surviving. Their EV strategy is poor and unsuccessful.

GM is making big noises about the Electric future, yet they cancel the Volt without introducing a successor.

Virtually every other major automaker has electrification plans in place, the way GM is blabbing, you would think they have a lock on the market?

Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, BMW and others are already well on their way with Hydrogen development and have introduced cars to market.

GM? Clueless.

Back
Top Bottom