What's your scariest moment on a bike | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What's your scariest moment on a bike

Always go by the manual or sticker on your car. You should never go by the number on the tire. The scary moment to me is that people don't know that. :p

Or, use the 10/20% method. Pump tire to desired PSI as per manufacturer's recommendations. Make sure if using a gas staion air pump to purge the line of water beforehand. From cold tires, ride the bike until tires are warm. If they PSI goes up less than 10% frt/20%rr, reduce PSI until it goes up 10frt/20rr%. That way, each individual tire brand can be dialed in to its best pressure as opposed to just using a recommended tire pressure for all tire brands/types.

Motherflubbing Jeebus Christmas!!!!

I had those same tires on my R6. They are NOT supposed to do that...

Glad you made it home safe and scar free!

Always go by the manual or sticker on your car. You should never go by the number on the tire. The scary moment to me is that people don't know that. :p

You're kidding? I was googling and I asked on this forum and was left with the opposite impression. Ive been doing it wrong now for 5 years then. I did not come across any clear instruction on this either in the manual or from Metzler. That is very concerning. Plus blew a tire inexplicably then - that's good for the nerves.

You're kidding? I was googling and I asked on this forum and was left with the opposite impression. Ive been doing it wrong now for 5 years then. I did not come across any clear instruction on this either in the manual or from Metzler. That is very concerning. Plus blew a tire inexplicably then - that's good for the nerves.
The number on the side is the absolute limit you aren't supposed to exceed.

Update #2:

Michelin needed me to send an invoice for the rear tire. When I sent it to them, I included some photos of the tire (I don't think they'd seen it until then) and told them I thought it was reasonable for them to pay for a replacement front as well. I bought it at the same shop, at the same time, and it has a similar date stamp. There is no way I could ride on it with any confidence. I tried to sound firm, but reasonable. It took them a few days to get back to me. I was expecting them to fight me on it, but they agreed they would replace the front as well.

the moment a van suddenly turned left in front of me and i knew what was next, tho no mem of the actual hit/impact,

then ending up in a sitting position on the slab, fully conscious, not being able to breathe and having no idea what was next,

Where to start... Well I have had my share of moments and close calls which I believe each times helps me become a better rider.
But none of those close calls could have prepared me for what happen thurs night going to L N L... I will try to explain my best.

I was heading down town to L&L for bike night with a couple of guys when At one point you can go straight or take a ramp going up well we were in right lane and some guy in a truck decided he needed to get on that ramp and started to cross over diagonally across all lanes n started coming right into me I couldn't even really swerve to right as cars were there n traffic was moving... So I leaned as much as I could to the right as I'm watching him almost on top of me, then I leaned back to the left got behind him to get in my lane but just missing a brick wall that divided the straight away n the ramp...
I can honestly tell everyone I have NO Idea How I got out of that situation. . No idea.. he was so close I could have touch him with my pinky. ... There was no time to break , the only thing I can honestly remember is for some reason holding my clutch in as I was steering.. Not sure why.. But believe it helped... So this is by far the most scariest moment I have had in 3 years of riding...
Ride safe everyone....

Riding home from Brampton last Sunday night.
Heading north on Airport, north of hwy 9...not much traffic going my direction but a ******** of the city folk heading south- back to the suburbs from their weekend escape... go down the Hockley hill and approach the smaller hill (around the xmas tree farm). See some southbound vehicles up ahead passing the row of cars coming down the much steeper hill. As i come over the crest of the smaller hill i'm doing about 100, and i assume the cars coming toward me (now in my lane) are doing about 120- so the gap between us was closing VERY quickly...i see most of the group of cars trying to pass the slower moving cars coming down the hill were merging back into the southbound lane, but realized there was not nearly enough gaps for all of them to fit back into...the last car didn't have anywhere to go- and was coming straight at me...i glanced- saw the lack of space he had and instinctively moved to the right to escape the head on collision and my impending certain death- I was on the shoulder and started braking- half expecting to hit loose gravel and spill into the ditch...I felt the rush of air as the dooshbag's car passed me- missing me by inches...pretty sure the other drivers were screaming in their cars- fully expecting to see me impaled through the front windshield of the ******* who wanted to get home 3 minutes faster...thank flying spaghetti monster that the road had been freshly paved a few weeks ago, and they extended the pavement onto part of the shoulder in that area. ...i actually laughed out loud from the crazy adrenaline rush and the sensation of my heartbeat when i realized i get to hang around this ******** planet a little longer...

Damn! ^^^^
I always move over to the right tire track when approaching the crest of a hill for that reason. Glad nothing happened to you. Honestly, I think I would have $#!+ myself.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Riding home from Brampton last Sunday night.
Heading north on Airport, north of hwy 9..

Had a similar thing happen to me but the cars were coming north (and uphill). Lots of forewarning, thankfully, but the turkey stayed in my lane. Had poorly ridden Ducatis (are there any other kind?) do the same on Hwy 27. Definitely stay in the right track when cresting a hill. North of Toronto is basically one big suburb now, with traffic to match.

Damn! ^^^^
I always move over to the right tire track when approaching the crest of a hill for that reason. Glad nothing happened to you. Honestly, I think I would have $#!+ myself.
Thanks man..
Yep...i read a discussion on here a couple of years ago- talking about blocking position and someone suggested keeping well out of the left tire track when coming up on hill crests...that advice has literally saved my *** a few times now--including this time for sure...No time to **** myself though. Happened sooo fast and i'm pretty sure i was clenched up tight as the car whizzed past me...hah!

Had a similar thing happen to me but the cars were coming north (and uphill). Lots of forewarning, thankfully, but the turkey stayed in my lane. Had poorly ridden Ducatis (are there any other kind?) do the same on Hwy 27. Definitely stay in the right track when cresting a hill. North of Toronto is basically one big suburb now, with traffic to match.
I find Airport road is really bad for that kind of ****...so many hills and speeds fluctuate so much between different drivers/vehicles...People ****** off or running late and a transport-dump truck/granny/Yaris crawls up a hill in front of them- and they get some serious mental tunnel vision...Especially bad during morning commute times (i work crazy hours so i'm often riding home while 'normal' people are heading to work), and on Sunday late afternoon/evening, when everyone is trying to get home. Any time the majority of traffic is going one direction i'm expecting the worst from people. So many distracted drivers up here....sigh....everywhere i guess...

Well, as you guys well know, Harley riders never get scared. But I was on Mono-Amaranth Townline south of Shelburne on a Sunday night and some city b-tard in his POS pickup truck blasted past me doing 120 in a 70, missing me by about 4 inches. I felt like chasing him down and beating him to death.

Ten minutes after I left that road there was a deadly collision at #10 sideroad and Mono-Amaranth Townline, right where I turned off the road. Some dope went through a stop sign, 3 people died.

There are two times in the week to stay off the north/south roads: Friday evening and Sunday evening. As Knucklesound found out, people drive like fools, taking extreme risks for little gain. Regardless, #11 and Mono-Amaranth Townline are the best choices when travelling at those times. Airport Road, Hwy 10, are death traps.

Damn! ^^^^

This is very good advice .

a couple years ago i was coming southbound on the trans canada north of sue saint marie .As I was approaching a hill I see a big rig crest the hill coming north,very slowly.For some reason I thought to myself,I wonder if someone is stupid enough to pass this truck on a blind hill so I moved over to the right of the lane and slowed down.That's when a car appeared beside the rig coming north in my lane.It wasnt that close a call because I'd slowed down and moved over {pretty much on the shoulder}and it didn't freak me out because I was anticipating it for some reason.I actually had never slowed and moved over like that before.Just dumb luck I guess.

Last edited:
a couple years ago i was coming southbound on the trans canada north of sue saint marie .

I usually refrain from correcting people, but dude... I couldn't resist this one! It's Sault Ste. Marie.

Nice save BTW!!!

I usually refrain from correcting people, but dude... I couldn't resist this one! It's Sault Ste. Marie.

Nice save BTW!!!
Of course, he could be correct and Sue had a tattoo of the trans highway on her!

Update #2:

Michelin needed me to send an invoice for the rear tire. When I sent it to them, I included some photos of the tire (I don't think they'd seen it until then) and told them I thought it was reasonable for them to pay for a replacement front as well. I bought it at the same shop, at the same time, and it has a similar date stamp. There is no way I could ride on it with any confidence. I tried to sound firm, but reasonable. It took them a few days to get back to me. I was expecting them to fight me on it, but they agreed they would replace the front as well.

Imagine that. Getting reimbursed for something that did not perform as it should and even getting replacement for something not defective.

Imagine that. Getting reimbursed for something that did not perform as it should and even getting replacement for something not defective.

Yeah, it's called a warranty. When I bought the tires they had one, so that's what I'd expect. Technically they didn't have to replace the front, but because of the danger it caused to my life and the image of the company, it's in their best interest, so they did.

It seems you still don't understand that there is no warranty on the used $25 rain suit you bought on Kijiji. Not even an hour, let alone a day, let alone the 2 weeks you had it before you even complained. It seems you won't ever understand that, so the question is, are you ever going to let it go? Doesn't look that way, I guess time will tell.

I'm sure you know by now that I'm not giving you a refund, but since that $25 seems so important to you, I'll meet you half way. Drop by any time you want and I'll throw some handfuls of coins at your face.

Yeah, it's called a warranty. When I bought the tires they had one, so that's what I'd expect. Technically they didn't have to replace the front, but because of the danger it caused to my life and the image of the company, it's in their best interest, so they did.

It seems you still don't understand that there is no warranty on the used $25 rain suit you bought on Kijiji. Not even an hour, let alone a day, let alone the 2 weeks you had it before you even complained. It seems you won't ever understand that, so the question is, are you ever going to let it go? Doesn't look that way, I guess time will tell.

I'm sure you know by now that I'm not giving you a refund, but since that $25 seems so important to you, I'll meet you half way. Drop by any time you want and I'll throw some handfuls of coins at your face.
rekt

Back
Top Bottom