What work did you do on your bike today? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What work did you do on your bike today?

I shovelled one hell of a lot of snow and ice for the last three days! But I got my bike out tonight. =D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I failed at removing the oil filter housing, to replace a slightly leaking gasket.

Ima need a bigger wrench.

Scratch that. I actually succeeded, but not without annihilating my 12mm socket.

ie2hoTU.jpg

Scratch that. I actually succeeded, but not without annihilating my 12mm socket.

lol dude, whomever installed your filter put it on waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too tight methinks..

I had to literally stand on the wrench to unscrew it. Prolly not the wisest move, but it worked.

I had to literally stand on the wrench to unscrew it. Prolly not the wisest move, but it worked.

You should have used a grinder to cut the welds on the bolt first. lol

Standing on a wrench is probably not the brightest idea. Instead of pushing down, pull up. There's a trick to do this

New battery, changed oil, oil filter, air in tires.

It lives!
Barring any crappy weather I plan to take her out for a decent run tomorrow.

New swing arm bushings for my bike today. Swing arm in the oven and bushings in the freezer.

43493de47fa35ccd59ddbb68b3b60572.jpg

Installed a new front sprocket -1 tooth from stock on my hypermotard. Cleaned and lubed chain, put together my new pitbull rear stand. Took It out for a ride to try out the new gearing. Huge improvement! Doesn't chug cruising under 4k rpm anymore and has more torque for sure.

It's a 1975 Honda cb750.:p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Fabricated this...2 screws and 1 butterfly nut and it is off. 2 mins tops.
d0f2d681-b672-484c-b8c9-6a572a25b959.jpg

Live to Ride
Ride to Ride

I dug the wife's bike out and got it ready for her. She went riding while I stayed with the kids because I sold my bike yesterday. :(
hyzu7u4y.jpg

Fabricated this...2 screws and 1 butterfly nut and it is off. 2 mins tops.
d0f2d681-b672-484c-b8c9-6a572a25b959.jpg

Live to Ride
Ride to Ride

if there isnt already a product like this you should make it and sell it. pretty cool.

Looking for something to carry a canoe.

;)

battery in, pipe on, oil tanks filled/pump primed, 4 carbs cleaned and she fired up on 3 kicks!!!! smoking on all 4!!!!

...now I see we're supposed to get 5-10cm of snow tomorrow :(

i'd already ridden mine a bunch of times, but today i changed the oil and polished the heck out of it. oh, and dropped my brand new helmet right on the beautifully clear visor putting a scratch right in my line of sight.

Thats mandatory with a new helmet or visor. I now just throw mine onto the pavement as soon as I clear the doorway of the shop where I purchased it. Gets it out of the way faster.

Back
Top Bottom