Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread! | Page 167 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kitchener/Waterloo area, c u next trackday riders thread!

I only pass on the straight b/c of HP, often Tim is braver on the brakes than I am. A slipper and QS does make life easier though :) For the next bike... autoblipper

I love having a quick shifter. My bike supposedly has an OEM slipper clutch but it doesn't seem to slip much. I'm so used to riding with engine braking, slipping the clutch out manually, that I wonder how my riding would change with a proper slipper clutch. The auto-blipper on the S1000RR was so weird. Really nice to use though. I thought I wouldn't, but I did. I only used the clutch twice, getting onto the track and going back up to 2nd gear when I hit neutral by mistake.

Fishing for compliments again? Your corner speed is good. I won't be passing you in the corners any time soon. The only way I got past you at GBR was to go way outside my comfort zone on the brakes.

Nope, not fishing at all. My corner speed may be decent, but my lines need work in order to get on the gas earlier and harder etc. You've passed me on corner exit a bunch of times the last couple track days. Tried to make some adjustments, but my brain just isn't connecting things properly yet.

I was able to take the "superbike" line, really squaring off the corner so I could get on the gas really early. I couldn't do that on the reverse alien layout though.

I was able to take the "superbike" line, really squaring off the corner so I could get on the gas really early. I couldn't do that on the reverse alien layout though.

I'm not sure if that makes me feel better or not.. you took the line which I really should be taking on a 600cc bike and proceeded to spank me thoroughly...
Reverse alien you took me at the end of the straight before the left IIRC.

On forward technical I went really deep at a pretty serious lean angle and picked up the gas really early. If you took that line you would certainly out drag me down the straight. Yeah, reverse is what I meant when I said I had to go nuts on the brakes.

For the ktm the mid length straights are the strength, I.e. long track, the cbr needs time to spin up but the ktm actually drives off the corners better. After riding it I think 1/2 way between 600 and the superbike line is where u would want to be. keep a little more corner speed bc it turns so well then use the trunk with a half squared off line to pull. I brake super deep square off and pin it, but you can turn and drive off the corner better

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Had so much fun at Calabogie on Monday and Tuesday! You guys really need to try this track. It is definitely worth the drive.

Will probably do Grand Bend on September 13 for our next day.

SMP was good yesterday, but a lot of crashes... including a first session, first lap broken arm in green group.
Ambulance rolled a good 4 times, with a bunch more bike retrievals as well.

Killed the rear GPA medium compound. I had to cut my last session of the day in half after the bike started getting a bit dangerous in my opinion. Back end slid twice in the last turn coming onto the front straight, again into the hairpin and just about high sided from 6-7 when it stepped out in a sphincter tightening fashion.
You guys were right when you said the GPA's really give up the traction ghost when the rubber gets worn down low. Pretty much to slicks where the rain sipes should be now.

See you at GB!

We'll consider bogie for next year, I'm gonna have to create some sort of baffle. Sept.13 is pretty much a have to since its the last two wheel tuesday AFAIK and I have 1 coupon left.

I finally found the limits of lean angle on the Ninja. I made a fairly large error heading over the hill of 5 (too fast and turned too late) and found myself heading off track at my mental max lean angle. "F that! I'm not going off at this speed!" and leaned it over way more, serious toe draggage got me back on line. Crazy. Later I pushed the lean angle on my terms and dragged my toe again in 19 so now I know. I will not be lowering my bike any farther. It handles great where it is and apparently I can't afford to lose any more ground clearance.

time for some elbow sliders dave! glad the tires hung on for ya

I don't think my arms are long enough to drag an elbow. LOL... The grip of the 7455 is awesome.

wait until you try the UK compound :)

I picked up a set of slicks (7455 front, 8477 rear), not for extra grip but hopefully for extra life. This is just getting too damned expensive.

you just need to ride slower... like Tim (j/k ;) )

you just need to ride slower... like Tim (j/k ;) )

Oh, ouch.. right in the feelings...
Got a bit better on Tuesday, shaved a bit of time off my best previous lap and some off my average, but not nearly as much.
Experienced a bit of brake fade towards the end of some of the sessions, so I'll have to check the pads again and switch the brake fluid out.

Will have to see how I do on the 13th at GB.

Tim was doing good times, he could turn harder into 1 than I can, but the CBR was a bit quicker through 4 and on the backstraight. The KR451 8577 (or whatever that compound is) wore really nice. Finally no more messing around with suspension settings at SMP I think we have them down. Looking forward to GBM

Tim was doing good times, he could turn harder into 1 than I can, but the CBR was a bit quicker through 4 and on the backstraight. The KR451 8577 (or whatever that compound is) wore really nice. Finally no more messing around with suspension settings at SMP I think we have them down. Looking forward to GBM

Loving me turn 1!!!!
4(a-b) is my weakest part of the track. Having the line of oil absorbing stuff through the entire turn really affected my confidence (and hence my riding line).

Good to hear that you've got the suspension all sorted out for the tires.

Randy still kicked my butt over pretty much all the track though. Watched him following me a bit on video (until I screwed a shift totally at the hairpin) so I could see where he really gained on me. Turn 8 I need to pick up the pace too. Thought it was interesting to see how much more knee down he was than me - I didn't think that the bike geometry would make that much of a difference ...

Back
Top Bottom