2011 Moto GP? | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2011 Moto GP?

There were rumors that Suzuki would enter two bikes in 2012 but sticking to the 800cc versions to ***** the competitiveness of that decision. That's old news but nothing solid has come out of Suzuki so it's as good a rumor now as it was back in July.

Also rumored was Hopper going to their team with Alvaro but, Alvaro doesn't know where he is going to be next year since his contract is up and wants to ride a 1000.

I'm in the "who knows" camp as well.

There is everything for this.....

“It’s heavily rumored that Suzuki has not begun work on a liter MotoGP bike and will exit MotoGP as a factory team at the end of the 2011 season.” - Jeremy Burgess

To this.....

“I heard in the past that they are testing with the 1000cc bike, but I don’t know if it’s true or not,” he said. “I know that they are working to have the 1000cc bike for next year but at the moment nothing is clear." - Alvaro Bautista

Sitting in 3rd place right now after first praactice. Doesn't mean much but good start atleast. Looks like this could be an interesting race. The ducatis seem to be doing good this week.

Wet track, don't read too much into it........unless it rains on Sunday :D

Id lime Bautisa to go to Gresini in place of Marco. John Hopkins on Suzuki i f they have a team.

Bautista said there will be an announcement this Sunday.

I have a feeling Bautista will be jumping on with LCR honda...if that happens we might have another fast guy to play with the fastest guys (stoner,lorenzo,pedrosa). as good as suzuki is, it doesnt seem like they want to spend money in the moto gp. Unless dorna pitches in big time to find some big sponsers that want to help pay the 8-12 million dollar tab apparently to pay each season per riders team, i dont see them going on to next season.....but i can be totally wrong. I would totally want to see suzuki as a factory team in the motogp and would love to see that baby blue streaking down the straights at Indy again next season too.....but i guess only time will tell!!

Valencia. Wow, great race. And cheers to Capirossi on capping off a great career!

Agreed. Great race. Cheers Capirex! Thanks for the memories.

LOL....the look on the faces of the 2nd place finishers paddock after they crossed the line was priceless.

The best man won. :)

Great race and ending of season.

p.s. loved the synchronized gymnastics in lap 1.

What a great race to end the season. Some great battles going on during the whole race. Kind of sucks what happened at the start. Nice tribute for marco at the start also. Dovi must be happy to have the last laugh.

Admittedly, I lost interest in MotoGP this season. Between Rossi's struggles, and Stoner's winning (not a fan of his), I couldn't get into it as much as previous seasons. Anyway, the new rules and potential new teams for next season should really make this silly season interesting.

Here's hoping Rossi and Ducati get their act together next season. I don't want to see Stoner win again.

Finally a GP that wasn't a parade, Rossi was fast in practise and he's really good in crappy conditions but we'll never know if ducati may have finally sorted the bike out.
Spies put on a show worthy of the admission price, Stoner that whiney ozz pulling it out of the crapper by 3ft was fantastic racing and disappointing at the same time.

Bring on the 1000cc bikes, should be able to buy the old suzuki's for track days here on ebay Japan by tomorrow.....

Sucky race start, glad that battle happened at the end to help ease my sadness after the first lap. lol

Looking forward to 2012!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom