Why isn't this officer charged with perjury? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why isn't this officer charged with perjury?

coles notes, the judge found her not guilty and stated that the cop was lying...

To tell you the truth I have found that extremely troubling as well. You read this and think that surely that could not happen this way, but apparently it has. Sounds like third world country ... not Canada.

The legal experts will probably say, that the judge needs a charge and trial .... so I wonder whether he's telling the crown, charge this guy and come back and I will do something about it. I guess the crown is not interested in charging the cop though?? .... so the lady would have file a civil law suite against the cop and that's probably no-go.

Where the hell is the most troubling and controversial organization (SIU) whop is supposed to oversee the blue line against guys like that particular cop? Should not they be the one going to the crown with charges??

Imagine if citizens were given the "If you won't self incriminate then we won't investigate" treatment?

In fairness to the police they are involved in life threatening snap decision situations on an hourly basis. One slip up and your career is ruined? You'd never find anybody for police work under that type of scrutiny.

Sounds like third world country ... not Canada.

The legal experts will probably say, that the judge needs a charge and trial .... so I wonder whether he's telling the crown, charge this guy and come back and I will do something about it. I guess the crown is not interested in charging the cop though?? .... so the lady would have file a civil law suite against the cop and that's probably no-go.
?

In normal cases the victim complains to the police who investigate and lay charges. It is then up to the crown to pursue the charges. We have a problem with the first step.

The crown doesn't have to hear a case and it then dies in the water.

In some cases this makes sense. If you steal a grape from a fruit stand you are guilty of theft. Does it make financial sense to use thousand of dollars of court time for a one cent theft? No, so the onus goes onto the vendor to reasonably protect his property or suck up the losses.

This isn't a stolen grape. However the crown has a budget and they know the various police unions, associations and higher ups see this as the thin edge of the wedge legally and the crown recognizes this will be a long and expensive fight. Are they up to it or does the crown attorney back off for the financial reasons or other considerations.

Last edited:
The problem is that the crown, the cops and SIU work together. They won't screw over each other. If the SIU started charging officers for what they did, they would get a back lash from their friends as they are all former cops, if the crown started to make a case and prosecute it then they would get police no longer cooperating or helping during trial time or would find police investigating them.

It's a broken system.

To tell you the truth I have found that extremely troubling as well. You read this and think that surely that could not happen this way, but apparently it has. Sounds like third world country ... not Canada.

Where the hell is the most troubling and controversial organization (SIU) whop is supposed to oversee the blue line against guys like that particular cop? Should not they be the one going to the crown with charges??

In fairness to the police they are involved in life threatening snap decision situations on an hourly basis. One slip up and your career is ruined? You'd never find anybody for police work under that type of scrutiny.

Other professions deal with life threatening situations too, police are well compensated for the level of threat and stress they deal with. I wouldn't call orillia a hotbed of danger (unless you manage to be the subject of police attention)

They said "Can I have your notes"
He said "No"
They said "We have no evidence cause he won't give it to us so he is innocent"

Something is very wrong with the process here

Yes, I agree with you.
Normally if a citizen is asked(Told) to allow access to their vehicle, camera, stunting(Guilty from the get-go) etc. they are presumed guilty by the simple fact they refused permission.
Again one law for us and another law for them.

Off to the show now. Have a wonderful day.

Yep, writing endless speeding tickets and NOT investigating thefts is life threatening by the hour. Never mind the decision to order a second Boston Creme or not.

Most cops are not in life threatening situations, many never in their career. This is one of the reasons why IMO cops do stuff like this, they finally get a chance to be like a TV cop and take down a bad guy--or granny--basically boredom.

Yep, writing endless speeding tickets and NOT investigating thefts is life threatening by the hour. Never mind the decision to order a second Boston Creme or not.

Most cops are not in life threatening situations, many never in their career. This is one of the reasons why IMO cops do stuff like this, they finally get a chance to be like a TV cop and take down a bad guy--or granny--basically boredom.

^^^ This. Go for the Boston crème.

Other professions deal with life threatening situations too, police are well compensated for the level of threat and stress they deal with. I wouldn't call orillia a hotbed of danger (unless you manage to be the subject of police attention)

I'm just trying to come to grips why an officer of the law would break a good samaritan grandmothers leg and grind her face into concrete. It seems excessive, obviously these good men are under extreme pressure to perform protective services for the community at large.

Even worse. What an enormous cover up. Hope the SIU are called in and the so called officers are charged with all the relevant offences with prison time. Into general population.

Plus the Woman is awarded millions of tax dollars from our pockets. She deserves justice.

Just a clarification

Orillia is a pretty town with a really nice waterfront and downtown. It also has some nice riding in the area. However it has an underlying problem with underemployment and problems more like Winnipeg. Not a good location for redneck type law enforcement in this century.

I'm just trying to come to grips why an officer of the law would break a good samaritan grandmothers leg and grind her face into concrete. It seems excessive, obviously these good men are under extreme pressure to perform protective services for the community at large.

Well I have heard rumours of steroid abuse amongst officers so I imagine one might see plenty of reports of roid rage behaviour if you google Ontario police roid rage

In normal cases the victim complains to the police who investigate and lay charges. It is then up to the crown to pursue the charges. We have a problem with the first step.

You mean the woman who was beaten up while helping the victim and didn't complain? You are assuming that she has not official complained (which is really hard to believe) by herself or through her lawyer, and I assume she has. I simply cannot comprehend why would anyone let cops beat them up without merit and not say anything to anyone?? In 2015??

I rather think that the article has left some key facts out (especially about her complain against the cop's behaviour), not necessarily on purpose obviously.

Last edited:

Are you trolling or something? You can't be serious.

A man vs. a woman, an elderly woman, justifies breaking her leg and throwing her to the ground? There is no career in the world that justifies that kind of violense against a weaker, more vulnerable person. If you have to use that amount of force to disable that type of threat, then yes you did slip up and your career should be ruined. In what other career or anywhere on the planet would it be acceptable for a man, a cop especially, to break an unarmed womans leg because they are in their face? None, absolutely, none.

Are you trolling or something? You can't be serious.

Lol if you have to ask, you really gotta read more of Berni's posts :cool:

This just strengthens the bystander effect; if you decide to step-in and help a mugging victim, all of the sudden you're going to be killed by a police officer?

What the **** is wrong with the prosecutor, why on Earth would you proceed with this charge?

I disagree with inreb, this isn't a split second decision by a beat-cop; you don't permanently disfigure and maime a senior citizen because they're asking you questions. In other parts of the world, the officer would've been shot dead to save the grandmother's life.

I disagree with inreb, this isn't a split second decision by a beat-cop; you don't permanently disfigure and maime a senior citizen because they're asking you questions. In other parts of the world, the officer would've been shot dead to save the grandmother's life.

I didn't agree with myself either until I figured out this senior citizen gramma was 49 and probably pregnant as a teen. Probably still hell on wheels. Article doesn't tell the whole story. Did we see the officers notes? I rest my case.

Back
Top Bottom