Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 88 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

Wow, another reason not to buy apple, that company is getting waaaay too powerful.

which part you didn't like?......bigger than Microsoft?...or Google?....or maybe RIM?

lol, microsoft sold most of their $150M interest back in 2003, but they still make a killing on licensing from what i understand...so the better that apple do, the better that microsoft do too...

This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting on it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting on it forever just because...
This is the thread that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friend. Some people started posting on it, not knowing what it was, and they'll continue posting on it forever just because...

are you still mad that there was no WebOS thread?.....or did i miss it, and it ended already?

The media wasn't reporting on the protests initially, they were the ones reporting on "Apple's" Chinese factories having sub-par working conditions, which is what really sparked the 'uprising'... but they're not Apple's factories, they're factories that produce just about EVERYTHING we buy here, including all other electronics.

Did you even read the entire article?

"We care about every worker in our worldwide supply chain," Apple said.

I nearly choked when I read that.

Who do they really think they are kidding here?

I'm new to this thread, is this basically 88 pages of Android users hating on Apple?

I'm new to this thread, is this basically 88 pages of Android users hating on Apple?

That was the intent but it turned into all the latest news about cell phones in general, with regular contributions from Apple cheerleader Poser.

Did you even read the entire article?

"We care about every worker in our worldwide supply chain," Apple said.

I nearly choked when I read that.

Who do they really think they are kidding here?

You nearly choked? Seems like something completely expected to me. Of course they "care"... they've allowed third party companies to inspect their suppliers to ensure nothing horrific was going on. I'm STILL of the opinion that nothing horrific is going. It's friggin China, why would we want/care/expect their workers to be treated the same way as we are? The only reason we moved our entire manufacturing sector over there is because we don't care. Bottom line is all that counts.

The fact that media has positioned this as an Apple issue is the thing any sane and logical individual should be choking about, because its so blatantly stupid. This is an industry issue.

You nearly choked? Seems like something completely expected to me. Of course they "care"... they've allowed third party companies to inspect their suppliers to ensure nothing horrific was going on. I'm STILL of the opinion that nothing horrific is going. It's friggin China, why would we want/care/expect their workers to be treated the same way as we are? The only reason we moved our entire manufacturing sector over there is because we don't care. Bottom line is all that counts.

The fact that media has positioned this as an Apple issue is the thing any sane and logical individual should be choking about.

It's an Apple issue for the sole reason that Apple is the most valuable company in the world based on market cap and Foxconn is the largest manufacturer of electronic components. While it's true that this is far from an Apple/Foxconn problem, you might as well go after the biggest players if you're trying to change things. Saying that, I have yet to see a report that states that Foxconn is a particularly worse employer than any other similar company in China.

We should care because improving the treatment of workers in developing countries costs money, which helps even the playing field to jobs lost there. Great inequalities in the value of a human life from one area to another are detrimental to, maybe even incompatible with trade liberalization between those areas. Same applies to environmental standards BTW.

Either we can lower our standards or they can raise theirs but at some point we are going to have to reach something closer to a balancing point in order to benefit from a stable economy, and right now our standards are sinking much faster than theirs are rising. The movement amongst Apple supporters to get the company more engaged in rectifying these problems is a step in the right direction.

Sure, the businesspeople moved their factories there for the savings, but that has no bearing on the requirements you or I choose to make towards foreign labour. Personally I'm more concerned with defending workers against neurotoxins than defending corporate profis, and I suspect I'm with the majority. But you can go ahead and support whatever cause you wish.

The fact that media has positioned this as an Apple issue is the thing any sane and logical individual should be choking about, because its so blatantly stupid. This is an industry issue.

It's still not clear which came first, the Apple movement or the media reports. We'd have to research the first instances of each one to find out but one thing you don't see is any Sony or Kitchenaid workers' movements. So regardless of how it started, and rightly or wrongly, it is certainly more of an Apple issue than a general exploitive labour issue.

Last edited:
It's still not clear which came first, the Apple movement or the media reports. We'd have to research the first instances of each one to find out but one thing you don't see is any Sony or Kitchenaid workers' movements. So regardless of how it started, and rightly or wrongly, it is certainly more of an Apple issue than a general exploitive labour issue.

This makes no sense. Foxconn builds for just about every manufacturer... Sony, Microsoft, Asus, you name it, Foxconn builds it. So how is it an Apple issue?

It's absolutely a general exploitive labour issue.

This makes no sense. Foxconn builds for just about every manufacturer... Sony, Microsoft, Asus, you name it, Foxconn builds it. So how is it an Apple issue?

It's absolutely a general exploitive labour issue.

Well it is, but for now the activism side has only caught on with the Apple crowd. It can grow to a broader movement but until then I don't fault the media for reporting it as they have, nor the Apple crowd for focusing on just Apple. This is a good place to start.

And the argument about it being our issue from the sense that costlier labour in China will bring more jobs back here is kind of valid... but at the same time we've been voting on this issue with our dollar for the last few decades, and cheap (exploitive?) Chinese labour means cheap products on Wal-Mart shelves for us to buy.

I'm all for getting manufacturing jobs back here... but I couldn't possibly give less of a rat's *** about human rights in China. Maybe I'm a dick though. Foxconn has plants all over the world, so if the situation in China gets tough they have Taiwan, Brazil, Slovakia, India, Mexico, etc.

I don't see any contradiction between buying stuff made from exploitive labour and decrying that exploitive labour at the same time.

Turning developing nations into industrialized nations benefits the majority, eventually. This is without any activism. The activism should just speed up the process. There are also far fewer conflicts between trading nations than otherwise, benefitting world peace. So I don't really care if people buy their trinkets from Botswana or from the neighbourhood craftsman (as long as they make an informed choice), it's all good in the long run.

But then maybe you ARE a dick, and I'm a hypocrite.

And sure production will just keep moving to wherever cheap labour can be found, but once the 2.5 billion strong China and India are brought up to better social and environmental standards, the process will be much easier and swifter for all the other nations in the world. It's just a matter of time, and perhaps a little effort directed at ensuring we don't all sink into the pit of lowered standards rather than raising everyone else out of it.

Back
Top Bottom