Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

81177858.jpg

That is awesome! thanks for the .jpg

Checked out Win 7 phones last night. It seems from reviews on different O/S's that there's nothing that does everything brilliantly. Some are excellent phones, but have a dodgy GPS. Some have fantastic battery life, but have buggy HTML. I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Checked out Win 7 phones last night. It seems from reviews on different O/S's that there's nothing that does everything brilliantly. Some are excellent phones, but have a dodgy GPS. Some have fantastic battery life, but have buggy HTML. I'll keep looking.

A lot of that isn't really related to the OS I don't think.

I've been saying this for a while... RIM is going under. Their stranglehold on the enterprise market is going to dwindle away, and since they're completely incapable of creating a competitive smartphone for the consumer market, they will eventually go out of business. Its only a matter of time now. Its a shame because they're a Canadian company, but they simply aren't keeping up.

And you will be saying this for a good loooooong while more. To say that RIM is going under is utter nonsense. Lets be realistic here.

The smart phone market is huge, and still has tremendous potential. RIM will always have market share, as long as they keep churning out phones. They will bounce back. If not to the top, they will be still be competent in this market.

The Torch is catching on, and the new Bold 9780 which is now being released has the new operating system and all the latest features the other smart phones have too.

Apple pundits make me laugh.

Last edited:
The Torch sucks and BBOS 6 is so far behind iOS and Android that it's absolutely laughable. The fact that RIM actually thought they finally built a proper smartphone competitor is asinine.

Its as if they completely forgot why the Storm was an abysmal failure and then basically repeated everything thinking the result would somehow be different with the Torch.

RIM fanboys make me laugh. Anybody who has ever used an iPhone or Android phone can confirm that RIM simply isn't even in the same ballpark with their phones. The browsers suck, the few apps which exist are pitiful, and the phone hardware is way behind. You obviously either haven't used BBOS 6, or you haven't used the competition. They're not even close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said earlier, wait for the new BB OS coming on the playbook and subsequent devices.... Totally new from the ground-up

Ditto on Torch and Storm being failures...

The Torch sucks and BBOS 6 is so far behind iOS and Android that it's absolutely laughable. The fact that RIM actually thought they finally built a proper smartphone competitor is asinine.

Its as if they completely forgot why the Storm was an abysmal failure and then basically repeated everything thinking the result would somehow be different with the Torch.

RIM fanboys make me laugh. Anybody who has ever used an iPhone or Android phone can confirm that RIM simply isn't even in the same ballpark with their phones. The browsers suck, the few apps which exist are pitiful, and the phone hardware is way behind. You obviously either haven't used BBOS 6, or you haven't used the competition. They're not even close.

Your taste in phones reflects your taste in motorcycles... cheap, slow, underpowered..

Your narrowmindedness and sheep like qualities remind me why I distaste Apple products.

I have an iPod nano, an iPod touch, a late model MacBook, Dell PC, and a Blackberry Curve. To state that I am a "rim fanboy" is simply not true (see first post, "Buck conformity, embrace free mindedness" but then again, you Apple flag wavers just don't get this).

The early reviews I've seen on the new BB models say they are pretty good, much improved and competitive with everyone else. I'll make my own opinion when I try it. To me, the Torch seems to do everything I would ever need, but I likely would go for a 9780 if I do Blackberry again. I'd love to try an Android next.

Have a good life.

disclaimer : I don't own either.

However, respected website Cnet.com makes some compelling points in their video.

I can't help that in my eyes, Apple/Jobs likes "controlling" their customers like puppets and telling them what they want and should need.

Buck conformity, embrace free mindedness......... Long Live Android.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/reasons-andr...9742-1_53-50095696.html?tag=TOCcarouselMain.0

edit : lol, best quote in the vid.... "iPhone, the phone for sheeple"

One word, jailbreak!

Ive used all mobile OS there are on the market today, and a jaibroken iOS is by far the best.

One word, jailbreak!

Ive used all mobile OS there are on the market today, and a jaibroken iOS is by far the best.

It's punks like you that Steve Jobs would like to send to jail :cool:

Your taste in phones reflects your taste in motorcycles... cheap, slow, underpowered..

I have an iPhone4 and a BB Torch sitting in front of me as I type this. Your comments are quite telling in what you use your device for. Which device is better depends on what you plan to do with it.

If you want to use your phone as a email device/organizer/phone, a BB will win hands down. If you want to play games, consume media or use apps, get an iPhone.

While I would say that I like my iPhone better it has some serious deficiencies that are really stopping it from being used by most business users. For example, is it even possible to put a meeting in calendar from an iPhone (I mean a meeting where you invite people not an appointment)? If so, I haven't found out. Do you know how inefficient it is to have to wait until you are back in the office, to send out a meeting invite for people? I send out meeting invitations several times a day.

The email integration on the iPhone sucks. The BB push features as well as its auto reconciliation with Outlook through exchange is far better.

iPhone doesn't deal with profiles for notifications anywhere near as well. In BB you can set all sorts of profiles so that you are notified the way you want to. Again, important when you are in and out of meetings where you may want to get certain notifications and not others. On the iPhone you use either the silent switch or have to change each component of the notification each time you want to make a change.

Also, as others have said, BBM is the best IM program out there.

The flip side is that the touch functionality and screen quality on the BB does not hold a candle to the iPhone4. Also, the BB app selection is a joke compared to what you can get on iTunes.

And you will be saying this for a good loooooong while more. To say that RIM is going under is utter nonsense. Lets be realistic here.

The smart phone market is huge, and still has tremendous potential. RIM will always have market share, as long as they keep churning out phones. They will bounce back. If not to the top, they will be still be competent in this market.

The Torch is catching on, and the new Bold 9780 which is now being released has the new operating system and all the latest features the other smart phones have too.

Apple pundits make me laugh.

The Torch is POS, and people know it. Its a gimmick BB and the OS is terrible. A Curve or Storm smokes the Torch. And its not catching on its actually doing abysmal.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/08/17/technology/blackberry_torch/index.htm

Last edited:
Google altruistic? Are you on crack? Some of Google's CEO Eric Schmidt's latest quoted gems:

"Want privacy? Change your name!"

"Don't like your house has been photographed? Move"

Then again, you may not know what altruistic means.

Yes. I'm sure that's the exact quote.

How many services does Google offer for free? Hey if your iPhone doesn't work

"Dont hold it that way"

Baaaaa Baaaaa.

I have a Iphone 3GS with Google services. The iphone is the only phone that does everything I need it to.

E.g.
As a phone:
- It works as a phone (which can be said of every phone I've owned).
- Visual voice mail is a pretty nice feature.
- Contacts managed by Google. They are all the same on any device I use.
- Skype works very well
- Best/easiest phone I've used for texting.

As an organizer:
- Push mail provided through Google Apps. Best mail app on a mobile device I've used. email comes instantly.
- Calender provided through Google Apps. Easy to create/accept meetings and keep track of things I do. Anything I add into my calendar shows up automatically on my PC and any items I add in on my PC automatically shows up on my iphone.

As an entertainment device:
- Best MP3 player I've used. iTunes has by far been the best music/video management device. It looks very cool once everything is organized with album art.
- Remote control for my TV. Any music/video/rentals...or whatever from my iTunes library can be played on my TV and my iphone is a remote control for that.
- Multi-room audio. My iphone is a remote control for my multi-room audio system in my house.
- Games keep my entertained when I find myself in a boring situation.
- By far the best web browser I've used on a mobile device.

In short, the iphone does everything I need it to do so I'm happy with it.

Your narrowmindedness and sheep like qualities remind me why I distaste Apple products.

I have an iPod nano, an iPod touch, a late model MacBook, Dell PC, and a Blackberry Curve. To state that I am a "rim fanboy" is simply not true (see first post, "Buck conformity, embrace free mindedness" but then again, you Apple flag wavers just don't get this).

The early reviews I've seen on the new BB models say they are pretty good, much improved and competitive with everyone else. I'll make my own opinion when I try it. To me, the Torch seems to do everything I would ever need, but I likely would go for a 9780 if I do Blackberry again. I'd love to try an Android next.

Have a good life.

DING DING DING, just like I said... you haven't used a Torch.

Your opinion is based on reading something off a website whereas mine is based on having actually used the devices we're discussing. The BB Torch is junk, no two other ways about it. You don't have an informed opinion.

Your opinion is based on reading something off a website whereas mine is based on having actually used the devices we're discussing. The BB Torch is junk, no two other ways about it. You don't have an informed opinion.

And constantly stating something is junk without providing any reason doesn't help anyone to believe you have an informed opinion.

*yawn*..... next post please.

I have a Iphone 3GS with Google services. The iphone is the only phone that does everything I need it to.

E.g.
As a phone:
- It works as a phone (which can be said of every phone I've owned).
- Visual voice mail is a pretty nice feature.
- Contacts managed by Google. They are all the same on any device I use.
- Skype works very well
- Best/easiest phone I've used for texting.

As an organizer:
- Push mail provided through Google Apps. Best mail app on a mobile device I've used. email comes instantly.
- Calender provided through Google Apps. Easy to create/accept meetings and keep track of things I do. Anything I add into my calendar shows up automatically on my PC and any items I add in on my PC automatically shows up on my iphone.

As an entertainment device:
- Best MP3 player I've used. iTunes has by far been the best music/video management device. It looks very cool once everything is organized with album art.
- Remote control for my TV. Any music/video/rentals...or whatever from my iTunes library can be played on my TV and my iphone is a remote control for that.
- Multi-room audio. My iphone is a remote control for my multi-room audio system in my house.
- Games keep my entertained when I find myself in a boring situation.
- By far the best web browser I've used on a mobile device.

In short, the iphone does everything I need it to do so I'm happy with it.
I am glad you like your Iphone but the statement that "is the only one that does what I need" is wrong. WEBOS does that and even more with a better user interface, so much better that Android is now imitating their Card concept. Now that HP bought Palm and they finally have money to invest in better hardware, watch out Iphone and Android.

The Iphone 4 is a very good phone, best resolution on the market but their interface, lack of real multitasking and everything else others have mentioned turns me off
The Android also has such a bad interface, however with Google's support behind they are becoming better than the Iphone, specially any HTC Android, they make very nice hardware, The EVO is probably the best phone in the market right now.
Blackberry.....whatever, not even going to waste my time

HP palm is where 2011 will be all about.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom