Why Android is better than iPhone. | Page 136 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Why Android is better than iPhone.

I just got an Android today, its my first smartphone. What is a good way to browse these forums on it, rather than using the default browser? Also what are some other cool handy apps?

Tapatalk seems to be the go-to app for forum browsing.

iphone-5-thumb.jpg

Stunning isn't it

Typical Apple quality

Whaddayamean????

They said it outright: "Today, we're taking it to the next level, making a huge leap. We have some very exciting news to tell you about iPhone."

A huge leap! HUGE they said! Couldn't be any clearer. Did you forget to turn on the speakers again HDRod?

Actually, I didn't watch the keynote, just read a blog posting. That'll learn me for trying to educate myself about tech products. Never again.

So, they told me it was a "huge leap." I take back my disappointment and general meh-ness. This is HUGE. Can't wait for the pre-order and/or apple store lineups. I'll take two please.

Thanks fastar1. Consider me enlightened.

Apple made a way better iPhone, and people are complaining(but will buy it day 1).
Most are saying, no NFC....It sucks!!!!... Bluetooth 4.0 is better(FACT)!!! But also having NFC would be cool(won't be missed, just like FLASH).

But it will sell better than any iPhone launched. I love it, will be grabbing 2.

And what people seem to forget, it's the Software that makes the phone look good, because its what it can do, not look like!!

Oh Boy.....That iTunes revamp is amazingly sweet, i wanna create a new word to explain it, but stuck for ideas.
The mini player is absolutely awesome, WOW!!!....Major Win, people are gonna use iTunes even more(October release).

iPod Touch is awesome....gonna sell better than the rest.

iPod Nano is great too.

iOS 6 will be a great update(next week).

Thank you to the people that make such great products for us to enjoy.

No doubt all these thingys will sell better than the rest. Apple has largely shut out any competition for the iPods, and good for them for dominating that market.

But dude, seriously? I can't tell if this post is sarcastically over the top, or if these are really your opinions. Just writing the word fact in caps followed by several exclamation points doesn't make it so. The real problem with iTunes is bloat ... did they fix that? Changing the UI isn't going to help that (as far as I know). Also not sure losing Google Maps is a great thing either. I guess we'll have to wait for a head-to-head comparison with Apple's maps. Sucks about the new thunderbolt and lightning (very very frightening?!) connector too. Nothing like having to purchase doodads so that your thingamajigs can work with their whatchyamacallems.

Been using iTunes for ages, its amazing. Do you run a 486 or something that can't quite keep iTunes going at full speed?

I never understood the complaints. Or maybe the complainers are Winblows users in which case :lol: nobody cares how iTunes performs for you.

For those of us running OSX, iTunes is a fluid dream. Mine runs 24/7 on the laptop and HTPC. Memory usage 70mb, CPU usage 0.1%. Most importantly, it's the single best most powerful piece of software for managing and listening to music. iTunes is awesome.

The beauty of Apple products.... they run incredibly well together. Its every technie-nerds nightmare.... there's nothing to fix, ever. :lol:

Sucks about the new thunderbolt and lightning (very very frightening?!) connector too. Nothing like having to purchase doodads so that your thingamajigs can work with their whatchyamacallems.

I can't believe we're using SSD's now and silicon chips. Why not records and vacuum tubes.

I can't believe that anybody even mentions that they changed the connector, as if they're not allowed to after using the same one for how many years?

You mean.....making the taller display and adding another row of icons ISNT A HUGE LEAP???

iphone5......welcome to 2011. :lmao:

Apple should send you a formal apology, for letting you down.

Let me guess.....you are not getting iPhone 5 ?

I can't believe that anybody even mentions that they changed the connector, as if they're not allowed to after using the same one for how many years?

An Adapter that is way smaller, and can be plugged in on any side....how annoying was it to always look for that small icon to see if you are plugging it in the right way, just plug it in(plus better for the kids).....and not announced, if it is MagSafe?, sure looks like it to me(don't quote me on it later if i am wrong).

Been using iTunes for ages, its amazing. Do you run a 486 or something that can't quite keep iTunes going at full speed?

I never understood the complaints. Or maybe the complainers are Winblows users in which case :lol: nobody cares how iTunes performs for you.

For those of us running OSX, iTunes is a fluid dream. Mine runs 24/7 on the laptop and HTPC. Memory usage 70mb, CPU usage 0.1%. Most importantly, it's the single best most powerful piece of software for managing and listening to music. iTunes is awesome.

The beauty of Apple products.... they run incredibly well together. Its every technie-nerds nightmare.... there's nothing to fix, ever. :lol:

Hey, don't get me wrong here, I'm an OSX user, and I use iTunes to manage and buy my ****. It doesn't double up any files for me, and I don't mind it at all ... I was just citing the complaints I hear in general. iMovie and its creating 100gig folders for my 20gigs worth of video, on the other hand ... ... !!!! And nothing to fix ever is a bit of a stretch ... I've had my share of time at the genius bar with a variety of iThings. One of the best things about Apple though is the staff ... A tech 'suggested' a way to keep my data and still get a warranty fix on a time capsule - a solution that would technically void the warranty. Another time Apple fixed my old-as-dirt MacBookPro on a re-called issue at no cost to me, well after the warranty was over.

I've only needed 'help' once and that was for a used iPad with a tiny light leak in a corner... I figured what the hell, I'll try to get it replaced even though it was a long shot. 5 minutes later Im leaving Sherway Gardens with a new iPad, no questions asked. Thats service!

As far as iTunes and OSX, absolute perfection for me. I have a shared library and multiple remotes, it has never skipped a beat. Airplay always works everywhere in the house, and even my friends can log in to control it from their devices when they visit... something that would normally take a long time to set up is done in 10 seconds with one password. Amazing.

Regarding iMovie creating a large folder, that's probably explained by the nature of video processing and compression. It needs a lot more room to work than just the size of the final product.

random comments i read.

Seriously. Everyone cries for “revolutionary” or “innovative” but no one can actually say anything that they would consider to be those things.
The disappointment is due to tech geeks not being capable of having realistic expectations, not because Apple is stagnating. It looks like the graphics will be best in class, the camera looks better than anything out there except maybe the as of yet unfinished 920 camera, and the integrated radios are going to be huge for Apple to be able to grow easily into new markets. So, please tell me, what would be so amazingly revolutionary to make you not be disappointed at how amazing everything is? Everything these companies are putting out nowadays, Apple, Google, Samsung, HTC, are all quite astonishing, and no one is happy.

Not that we should ever EXPECT revolutionary tech, but Apple is one of the few companies that is capable of reining in (what appears to be) future tech into the present.
Also, just a note about innovation: The reason no one can say what would be innovative is because the very nature of innovation is the unimaginable. Making the unimaginable real IS innovation. The original iPhone did that, the iPad (to a certain degree) did that, the Retina display on the iPhone 4 did that. Just think of how long it took the rest of industry to even catch up to those products. That is innovation, and it’s nearly impossible to imagine until it’s a reality.
Apple events have become touchstones of innovation in the tech world (real or imagined). It’s hard not to expect your mind to be blown when Apple has done it so many times in the past. And even when we find out their tech is just a minor bump with a major usability upgrade, it still sends waves through the industry. It’s completely understandable that people are a little disappointed when they do the expected.

People use the iPhone 4S with the highest satisfaction rate in the industry because it is an easy to use device that is a pleasure to use. A fast UI drives both ease of use and pleasure of use.
The iPhone 5 is up to 2x times as fast in CPU and GPU. So yup, it’s going to be even better. The decrease in launch times alone is worth it. This is something that affects every user every second they use the device, assuming things like web browsing and app launch times are truly faster.
For example, I don’t care for 20 Mbit/s data rates that LTE can offer that much. What I really care about is that the wireless network will always be there, delivering with a consistent 2 Mbit/s 365 days a year. Alas, not a problem Apple can solve on their end, so this will still be an issue.
So reducing latency in the UI is critically important to its ease-of-use and pleasure-of-use.

[video=youtube_share;ynBpKpjq5Oo]http://youtu.be/ynBpKpjq5Oo[/video]

I can't believe we're using SSD's now and silicon chips. Why not records and vacuum tubes.

i guess problem is, in the beginning, there were different connectors but connectors werent really standardized (usb, firewire, and all that bs)
then usb became the norm in the industry for more and more and more peripherals.
apple continued with its different connector and it was alright cause ipods and iphone alike had the same connector while being different, so EVERYBODY had a compatible ipod/iphone connector.

now they throw all of this to hell by creating a new standard that wont be used by any other manufacturer, nobody has those connectors at all.

genius way to generate revenue from getting adapters and new connectors, sure. But when you look in the mobile world, EVERYBODY has mini/micro-usb and works great (mostly with the newer usb standards)

edit) after re-reading my post, i think i should never try to type as i talk to clients on the phone simultaneously.

Last edited:
luephillo will you come to an apple store with me when the iphone5 hits the shelves

we can grab starbucks

luephillo will you come to an apple store with me when the iphone5 hits the shelves

we can grab starbucks
only if you hold my hand. the apple store is scary.

ill definitely check out the iphone 5 though. my expectations are low so i MIGHT be impressed :)

The guy keeps saying "compared to the 4S". Compared to the Galaxy, this stuff is old. But people using APPLE products cannot comprehend there is better products out there that have been outs years ago.

[video=youtube_share;ynBpKpjq5Oo]http://youtu.be/ynBpKpjq5Oo[/video]

Back
Top Bottom