Who's watching Dakar 2023? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's watching Dakar 2023?

One of my favourite events of the year. Makes the cold, dark days of January a bit easier to swallow.

Not I, said the cow.

I enjoy it and try to follow it every year from sources I can find like YouTube and Red Bull TV. I'm more than a little disappointed and conflicted that the Saudis seem to have bought it like they have with many other sports.

Just found out one of our local guys is riding the Dakar:

BC has spawned a lot of fast guys in the dirt. No surprise given the terrain we have here. Moving from ON, we've found the riding skill here is on a different level entirely, as most of the kids are on a dirtbike before they are even able to walk.

Love watching it each year. Not a good day for Sunderland unfortunately. E-tron looking to have a big year as well.

Has anyone got a link to this?

The only free places I know to watch this are the official Dakar Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@dakar2348
And Red Bull has coverage of their sponsored riders and racers: https://www.youtube.com/@RedBullRally

Unfortunately, most of these videos are shorter recaps and highlights. The most comprehensive coverage is through one of the sports channels. If you have access to NBC Sports, they are covering it for North America:

IMO, the best coverage is via Eurosport, but again, you need a subscription (and access to a VPN that makes your North American IP address look like it's coming from Europe):

Has anyone got a link to this?

IMO, the best coverage is via Eurosport, but again, you need a subscription (and access to a VPN that makes your North American IP address look like it's coming from Europe):

Opera has a built-in VPN. With it set to Europe, I can watch videos from the above link on my phone with no subscription.

RFM, of course, remains the best choice for all things Dakar (or any other motorsport, for that matter), but it requires a membership or at least an invitation, and they are very difficult to come by.

Edit: you might have some luck asking for an invitation at RFM's FB page: Racing For Me

Last edited:
Opera has a built-in VPN. With it set to Europe, I can watch videos from the above link on my phone with no subscription.

Did not know this. A lot of the alternative browsers are starting to put in a bunch of privacy-enhanced stuff. Brave browser has TOR built-in, plus I just found out it also has a built-in torrent client.

RFM, of course, remains the best choice for all things Dakar (or any other motorsport, for that matter), but it requires a membership or at least an invitation, and they are very difficult to come by.

Edit: you might have some luck asking for an invitation at RFM's FB page: Racing For Me

RFM is the best. I thought it was always invite-only based on existing members, didn't know about the FB page invites.

If anyone is into racing and is disappointed about the meagre coverage we get here in Canuckistan, get yourself an RFM account.

But also, make sure you seed, because they WILL boot you for leeching eventually.

RFM is the best. I thought it was always invite-only based on existing members, didn't know about the FB page invites.

Speculation only on my part. I don't know if there are any invites there. I just thought it would be worth a try.

Weird hearing the eTron ,,,,sounds exactly like my old RC.
Enjoying the highlights but might chase a full feed since nothing but rain.
Watching this just now

Weird hearing the eTron ,,,,sounds exactly like my old RC.
Enjoying the highlights but might chase a full feed since nothing but rain.

Make sure you brush up on your French and Spanish. We watched the live feed and there's no translations. The Dakar officials all speak French, so I had to translate for my wife. Then my wife had to interpret for me when they interviewed some of the Spanish riders!

I love that in a 10min stage highlight they'll have 2min of bike highlights and 10sec of quads highlights. Because F-U quads!

Back
Top Bottom