Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition! | Page 62 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? Fall & Winter 2022 (& 2023!) edition!

My work is 70 km each way which is part of it. Sundays and Mondays are my days off. This past Sunday went to Bancroft and then Huntsville. I think that was a 450 km day. I went to Prince Edward county to watch the clouds block the eclipse on Monday. That ended up being a 400+ km day. The week before I went to the country to check on where I wanted to be to watch the eclipse and to Bancroft to check on the roads, I usually do a little "Round the block ride" on my day (or days) off and end up doing anything from 200 to 400 km.

I ride a lot.

..Tom
Hey Tom, just a reminder about the burger meetup if you want to come hang out while you are out and about.

Not even remotely! I don't like cold. I'm wimp. Heated gear makes it practical.

..Tom
Funny thing is I don’t mind the cold, also have heated gear that I carry and rarely put on. I keep riding in the fall as long as the roads are clear. Then it starts to no longer be fun, except for days we had this Feb. Have to admit though it was the folks on here riding that forced me to get off the couch and get the season started early.
Just to show you I used to like riding on clear wintery days. But that was more than 10 yrs ago.
JPEG image.jpeg

Hey Tom, just a reminder about the burger meetup if you want to come hang out while you are out and about.

Thanks for the reminder. I'll try and catch some. Have lots in the plate so it might be later in May if not next week.

Where is next week's meet?

..Tom

Thanks for the reminder. I'll try and catch some. Have lots in the plate so it might be later in May if not next week.

Where is next week's meet?

..Tom
17-AprTop Gun Burgers7575 Keele St Unit 1, Vaughan, ON L4K 4X3

Out chasing gravel roads today. Many upsides to gravel travel - less traffic, more interesting scenery, never see cops and best of all the KLR gobbles them up at 120KPH like candy.

Edit: and of course you can break it loose any time you want.

17-AprTop Gun Burgers7575 Keele St Unit 1, Vaughan, ON L4K 4X3

Thanks! What time? I won't know until Weds aft.

..Tom

Saw a group of riders sheltering inside an Esso at 404 and Mulock exit.
Hope they missed this which I ran into 10 minutes later
IMG_4539.jpeg

I went out for a bit, but it was overcast and just generally not very nice. Lost interest.

WTF is with this April we're having? I swear it was nicer in March.

I went out for a bit, but it was overcast and just generally not very nice. Lost interest.

I was going to go out for a ride and thought I’d sooner be tortured by yard work.

If I recall correctly. Last year was the same.

Was out dirt biking near the Ganny on Saturday, riding back to buddys place we got caught in nasty deluge of hail/freezing rain. Knobbies tires on slick pavment....Helped to clean a little mud off the bike though.

Last edited:
Refresh last weekend. Finished Saturday, as it started raining/snowing/hailing; yesterday morning was cold but not bad. Gotta love Springtime in Ottawa.

Has anyone had tyres delaminate due to the cold? I saw some mention this winter, but didn't even know it was a thing.

Back
Top Bottom