Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition) | Page 12 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2017 / Winter 2018 edition)

I work over at Rutherford and Keele, not sure what time you head home but man that traffic on Rutherford is nuts, parking lot city.

The whole area is pretty messed up!

I avoid Rutherford. I generally head north when I leave. I might take a little bit of it after cutting through the mall to 400 north on Weds when I work until 8 pm and Saturdays when I work until 5. That can all change with Christmas shopping season (We just moved here in June from 407 so still earning the best ways through.) The rest of the time is up Jane and often cutting through some residential areas to head North east.

..Tom

I haven't rode in about 2 weeks. Bike needs some mechanical work. Been itching to get out a few more times this year. Since it's already started snowing though may not happen!

Bike is out...gear on ...a few small showers on radar but mostly south and I don't care.....need a ride after Black Friday week confinement.

Still commuting everyday. All inner-city and no highway though or else I'd probably have to get much warmer gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am poor and I layer up.

Could you please share where? I want to buy a heated jacket and gloves not just for riding.
Kijiji dude... bought all my gear in like new or excellent condition for a fraction of retail price. Just have to look vigilantly. I'm not rich or poor. But like saving money.

Gear Ive bought off kijiji-

Dainese gator evo goretex $250
Dainese Frazier pelle $150
Dainese scout winter gloves $80
Dainese full metal rs gloves $100
Dainese TRQ goretex boots $120
Dainese kevlar jeans $100

Add all that up... probably still cheaper than 1 brand new dainese jacket plus tax from retail...

Current: 2000 VFR800

Past: 2001 ZX12 | 1998 ZX7 (x2) | 1998 ZG1000 | 1992 VFR400 | 1992 CBR250RR

Lovely ride today ...all the gear worked as it should. Forgot to tuck the cable for the heated gloves away properly - awkward moment when it caught under the edge of my knee armor. Otherwise just a treat.

Just dropped by as some riders were leaving the forks, saw an H2
No heated gear for me though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was Brian .... he wasn't thrilled having the H2 on quasi-wet roads. Really didn't need heated gear today tho it was only 8 - felt warmerr. Sorted my feet better this time so warm both ways.

That was Brian .... he wasn't thrilled having the H2 on quasi-wet roads.

Heh, I knew it! He mentioned a high-end Kawasaki some threads ago. The ride home on Friday was fine. Spidey-sensed a car pulling into traffic near the funeral home on Dundas St. A bit late for a Halloween trick, I thought. Fortunately, that's the one stretch where I consider the speed limit to be the XIII commandment, so nothing came of it.

Last edited:
-3 and scattered flurries tonight. I guess I'll take the cage. Funny how 8 C seems pretty nice for riding these days.

Was thinking that myself ....8 was downright balmy ....had my screen flipped up for a good part of the ride.

Lack of grip is something to be mindful of. It's cold, and damp, and the roads are dirty.

I spent half an hour washing my bike when I got home, and I oiled the chain.

my understanding is that in ontario they dont actually use salt....so..it should be harmless right?

my understanding is that in ontario they dont actually use salt....so..it should be harmless right?

They use salt.

And brine. Which is still salt.

Wash your bike if you get any on it, and even then....motorcycles don’t instantly melt because of some salt. I’m not sure why people continue to believe they do.

Back
Top Bottom