Who's still riding? (Fall 2016 / Winter 2017 edition) | Page 21 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who's still riding? (Fall 2016 / Winter 2017 edition)

I'm still debating on heated grips. Right now they're still just a luxury. After re-positioning the hand guards my digits barley get chilly.

Engine also works to heat them up during stoplights.

Today might be a good day to go ride,lol. +13 degrees celcius...

BB

It was a spectacular ride this morning. Smelled like early Spring, distracted my senses from seasonal realities.

I should've rode. :(

Last edited:
The forecasted gusty winds never arrived.

FFS Environment Canada....I would have taken the day off!

I'm going out after work for sure.

So far, so good this year. Memories of last fall so far honestly. They say we should plan on a brutally snowy January and February because of the lakes being so warm, however if it holds off and we only get six or eight weeks of actual winter weather and the rest is decent, I'll take it.

Oh man what a lovely day ...only got out for a ride to Forks for lunch as too busy but just gorgeous...little bit of wind on the way up ...just about none on the way back ....turned the heated grips off and opened the visor..just had the internal sun visor down.
Sunny and 14 and it's almost December.....:D

Ill be out for sure tonight...very sad I was stuck at work all day. 9 degrees is bearable for this time of year. If the rain holds off I'll take her into work tomorrow :)

I'm headed out now for a hour or so before another commitment.

rode in today! still looking good. supposedly gonna rain all day tomorrow though.

Thats good news! My bike got real muddy riding on gravel roads over the last few days. I thought it would get rinsed off today but no luck.

..Tom

Nice warm evening again...shame for the rain or I'd be out right now.

Very dismal outlook for December :(

Look on the bright side, the outlook for November was pretty dismal as well, and hey...it turned out not all that bad.

Nov looked pretty good to me when I got back tho 14 the other day was a treat

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-30%20at%20Oct%2030%20%20%20%202016%20%20%20%202.03.18%20AM_zpstivqb6uw.jpg

still this not an El Nino year and it shows
4vm8AfufP2eXYEgD_EdG_f_iluiEZl9EqKWSnTzFeIM_CNwa8b_siFlXvWl4GE_BnJ-mkJBs7nkREgYapqgxpL0_LB3bHJ-3w0nPPDEY6kU9JwK1C7GM6VqyMRn8CcPYcVW6uamPhG-FCoK_AmsWHIuOEnsvC9ShQfag7EnQaanC8nvlO5cDQ6Q6cComBawjvEyj03RRAwDU8HM29at_26Px_CxOVyT1xDrTgk9AdyGw-7BktLwSS-rz1p3FlOP7NnZik_YarbBuosItrtn8B2DVE6NDQYu0H9soChgGaak7oyJfA2dYIcZkpFQd7KTnWbJpFHCgeDG5lJ92SYPxdz-eMwMH3FKA6xWouSKOBCOlqHfgklH8ET1KCySRHBA7fc2bhuJcoJMiIeHXj2unQIvUOdJG7judAnQmMT_8M9UsM4ofv9haGqPRrYAIYnse5unq4NSZEyv2okRnxRYcplzhYkXfqxKhxJ3nLyNB-bvRfMDN_EdAq5IT0DJShnivTB8G0r9ALOyJjHRdHCKep_63qernQTmLLFbD5_zR_UOAsKwWtgoCKQyYNK7hBsD6JgHWZtStpdr4DrOzsfRCZS-Jbiwfp1p1iFx-OIW05ZP8pFXLZQ=w1688-h724-no

This weekend maybe

Just rode into work. Better conditions than expected: no rain, wind not as bad as forecasted. Was fine on the Scrambler, still without heated gear. Under armour, plaid flannel shirt, shetland wool sweater and leather. Lee Parks PCi gloves and heated grips keeping the hands warm enough. FWIW, I tried a nitrile glove as a glove liner on one hand only to see if it helped and actually my other hand felt noticeably warmer without it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom