Whoever these idiots are take it off the 401 Westbound! This was just west of the 427 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Whoever these idiots are take it off the 401 Westbound! This was just west of the 427

I bet your wife secretly enjoyed watching them.

Coming to yell at people on a forum is definitely the way to go, also why post this on the stunt forum, that is disrespectful to these guys that take their sport out of the streets. You are basically saying, you guys stunt, you must be one of these guys on the picture or know them.

Wow... 22 years with her and I never knew that about her. Who knew she was that exciting? ;)

I know that this forum is set up for those who Stunt and it supposed to be for those who stunt off road. However, I figure the stunting community must be somewhat on the smaller size and that like any community there are various ties between them. My hope is that someone here who stunts might know one of these nuts and perhaps will talk to them. Crazy thought I guess.

I guess when you see someone riding fast you go to the track/race forum to yell at people over there? You must be a fun person ;)

Anyways, continue you rant... I am out

Saw that on the 401 the other week. Three sportbikes riding the bumper of the car ahead, literally less than a car length back.. The driver of the car noticed he had a dirty windshield and chose that moment to clean it. From the rather pungent smell, he still had the really potent deep winter mix of washer fluid on hand.

Anyways, he managed to clean his windshield. He also managed to clean the helmets of the tailgaters behind, and solve the tailgating issue all in one fell swoop.

Just curious, why didn't those bikes just pass that car? Was it sitting in the passing lane going the same speed as the cars beside with a big gap in front? And were all 3 bikes less than a car length back? I guess they were riding 3 abreast in the lane???

If that was the case, shouldn't the driver have just passed the car beside, then pulled over to let others pass. Instead you think its appropriate for him/her to spray the riders behind. What if a rider had their visor cracked, or was wearing open face & sun glasses? You think potentially momentarily blinding someone is more appropriate than simply pulling over to let others pass.

Based on your cumulative posts, I gotta figure life must be tough for you carrying around all that hate. I hope we never meet.

Just curious, why didn't those bikes just pass that car? Was it sitting in the passing lane going the same speed as the cars beside with a big gap in front? And were all 3 bikes less than a car length back? I guess they were riding 3 abreast in the lane???

If that was the case, shouldn't the driver have just passed the car beside, then pulled over to let others pass. Instead you think its appropriate for him/her to spray the riders behind. What if a rider had their visor cracked, or was wearing open face & sun glasses? You think potentially momentarily blinding someone is more appropriate than simply pulling over to let others pass.

Based on your cumulative posts, I gotta figure life must be tough for you carrying around all that hate. I hope we never meet.

They were literally three abreast behind him, backing off and then charging up to his bumper, repeat.

Yes, it was in the passing lane, but the middle lane had no gaps, and there were no gaps in front of the car in the passing lane either. Traffic was moving at the limit but it was heavy. There was no place for that car to go to its right, and even if that car could have found a gap to move over, there was no place for the bikes to advance except maybe to try and intimidate the next car in front.

I didn't express whether I thought the windshield wiper fluid was appropriate or not. I don't know whether it was done deliberately to hit the riders, or whether the driver just felt his windshield was dirty and needed cleaning to better see into the morning sun.

I do know that the rider behaviour was not appropriate. Had the riders been a proper distance back the washer fluid would not have been an issue at all. They put themselves at unnecessary risk with their behaviour.

I've been hit with inadvertent washer blast; refreshing on a hot day

If your tailgating someone, you get what you deserve, car or otherwise.

If your tailgating someone, you get what you deserve, car or otherwise.

Seriously? You'd be okay if the passenger pulled out a gun and started shooting, or if the car slammed on the brakes hard for no purpose other than to cause an accident? In the situation Griff2 described, if the driver could not pull over to let others pass and was not comfortable with the proximity of the bikes, wouldn't it have been better to give a light tap on the brakes?

Tailgating is subjective. If you're too far back in Toronto, you're just inviting someone to pull into that space in front of you. If you're on a bike, know how to brake, and are paying attention, a safe distance can also be close enough to ensure someone doesn't pull in. If you're in a cage and texting, not so much.

I agree, with this comment, (about the forum selection, not his wife..lol). I also concur with inreb, these types who ride in this fashion and without plates are likely not to be swayed by anyone else's opinion. It is truly a mindset. Yes it makes all riders look bad, and in the end hurts our community. Certainly not to the level we may see it today, (due to forums and social media), but this style of riding was being "performed" even back in the late 70's and 80's when I was on patrol. Now the bike back then weren't as fast, and the pursuit cruisers were..lol If one of them crashed while being pursued there was no SIU, it was considered an accident, but society generally viewed it as being the fault of the rider, not the officer. Although the results, (in many cases), were in no way less tragic.

I bet your wife secretly enjoyed watching them.

Coming to yell at people on a forum is definitely the way to go, also why post this on the stunt forum, that is disrespectful to these guys that take their sport out of the streets. You are basically saying, you guys stunt, you must be one of these guys on the picture or know them.

That wasn't washer fluid.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

"light tap on the brakes" could result in the cager being ticketed at the very least for careless or dangerous driving. It could also result in a s172 stunting charge for the cager, (depending upon the officer's mood and view of the severity of the brake check. So NO that wouldn't have been a better option for the cager. While I don't agree with the use of wiper fluid, (it would be VERY difficult for the officer to prove it was done intentionally.

Seriously? You'd be okay if the passenger pulled out a gun and started shooting, or if the car slammed on the brakes hard for no purpose other than to cause an accident? In the situation Griff2 described, if the driver could not pull over to let others pass and was not comfortable with the proximity of the bikes, wouldn't it have been better to give a light tap on the brakes?

Tailgating is subjective. If you're too far back in Toronto, you're just inviting someone to pull into that space in front of you. If you're on a bike, know how to brake, and are paying attention, a safe distance can also be close enough to ensure someone doesn't pull in. If you're in a cage and texting, not so much.

You don't have to be that close to be hit by washer spray or by cigarette ashes or a butt tossed out the window. I've never found that refreshing. Even if it was inadvertent, people should be more considerate of those behind in tight traffic.

Last edited:
"light tap on the brakes" could result in the cager being ticketed at the very least for careless or dangerous driving. It could also result in a s172 stunting charge for the cager, (depending upon the officer's mood and view of the severity of the brake check. So NO that wouldn't have been a better option for the cager. While I don't agree with the use of wiper fluid, (it would be VERY difficult for the officer to prove it was done intentionally.

Wow, a light tap on the brakes = careless, dangerous or S172 stunting while deliberately trying to spray someone would get nothing, just because the officer couldn't prove intent. There is seriously something wrong with the legislation, especially S172. In heavy but flowing traffic, how could the officer prove intent with light braking? The driver could say he braked in response to traffic slowing slightly.

Last edited:
You don't have to be that close to be it by washer spray or by cigarette ashes or a butt tossed out the window. I've never found that refreshing. Even if it was inadvertent, people should be more considerate of those behind in tight traffic.

Yeah; if you don't want to be hit by all manor of debris, may I suggest a minivan? To suggest someone hold off using their washers because you're in the area; that's next level self-centric

If a Moderator sees this please move this thread to a different sub forum. I did not mean to degenerate or insult those who stunt responsibly. I apologize to any members who I have upset or unintentially insulted with this thread.

:happy1:

Good lunchtime reading today in this sub forum. :)

Yeah; if you don't want to be hit by all manor of debris, may I suggest a minivan? To suggest someone hold off using their washers because you're in the area; that's next level self-centric

Because I ride, I full expect that I could be hit by different types of unintentional or uncontrollable debris. But because I am aware of the impact of debris, I would not use my washers if there were bikes behind me. If the situation were so urgent that I just had wash my windshield or I couldn't see, then I'm pretty sure the rider would be getting hit with the same stuff and my fluid would be irrelevant. If not, I'll wait until he's clear. It is just symptomatic of the general lack of awareness drivers have for riders.

Because I ride, I full expect that I could be hit by different types of unintentional or uncontrollable debris. But because I am aware of the impact of debris, I would not use my washers if there were bikes behind me. If the situation were so urgent that I just had wash my windshield or I couldn't see, then I'm pretty sure the rider would be getting hit with the same stuff and my fluid would be irrelevant. If not, I'll wait until he's clear. It is just symptomatic of the general lack of awareness drivers have for riders.
I think a lot of drivers/riders lack consideration for others in general on our roads..

I don't really care if these guys stunt drive, I just don't like them doing it in places where they are likely to cause someone else to get hurt. If you want to take deadly risks where nobody else can get hurt that is your business, after all its your life. But you wipe out on the 401 and you can cause a traffic pile-up. Why not do your stunting in a place where there's no traffic? Abandoned country road? Empty parking lot? There's got to be a better place.

I don't really care if these guys stunt drive, I just don't like them doing it in places where they are likely to cause someone else to get hurt. If you want to take deadly risks where nobody else can get hurt that is your business, after all its your life. But you wipe out on the 401 and you can cause a traffic pile-up. Why not do your stunting in a place where there's no traffic? Abandoned country road? Empty parking lot? There's got to be a better place.

the audience man, they do it for the Audience!

Back
Top Bottom