who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon

Re: who will take a chance ??? CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250

Different bike ....do pay attention. Anyone that takes the RX3 into any single track off road needs to have their head read.

Your thread title says CSC RX3 Cyclon & TT250 ... the video is about the CSC RX3 Cyclone.

Did you watch the video? He didn't do much single track.

Anyway, I don't have any skin in this game, I would never buy this piece of junk... I just don't want you to dupe too many people into believing this is a great bike. I wonder what skin you have in this game as you sure like to spam this at multiple forums?

Last edited:

Not like the Strom doesn't have its share of warts for anyone taking it off road including bent rims, crushed crash bars ..and it's a pig to pick up.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general-v-strom-discussion/20942-broken-cracked-bent-rims.html

..it's not a DR.

Also, I have and still do take the Strom on many fire roads just like in the video.... no bent or broken cast wheels as of yet, in fact, no issues at all other than the clearance is a bit low at 6".... how low is the clearance on the RX3 again?

Lets just be clear, you can argue when you leave the street and turn into your driveway your offroad. A fireroad is maintained to the point a 2wd pickup can get trough.
If you fall over and the crashbar bends, it did its job, which is saving the engine casings and important bits so you can ride home. SW motech bars are tempered and bulletproof, the factory bars on a Vstrom are less so, but they both work.
There is off road, then there is offroad at speed, highly technical rim demolishing , suspension wrecking offroad.

Every tool has a purpose, if the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem will look like a nail.

Lets just be clear, you can argue when you leave the street and turn into your driveway your offroad. A fireroad is maintained to the point a 2wd pickup can get trough.
If you fall over and the crashbar bends, it did its job, which is saving the engine casings and important bits so you can ride home. SW motech bars are tempered and bulletproof, the factory bars on a Vstrom are less so, but they both work.
There is off road, then there is offroad at speed, highly technical rim demolishing , suspension wrecking offroad.

Every tool has a purpose, if the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem will look like a nail.
This is why I'm not downing these bikes, they have a purpose and will work well for some. I know the terrain I ride and the speeds I travel offroad, I'd kill that csc in two weeks. Bent rims, whipped suspension, and cracked frames, that's all I'd see.
Could be the perfect bike if you want to explore cottage roads, light trails and forest fire roads. A lightly used Sherpa or xt250 would do the same job better IMO and cost the same or less.
At this point, it'll be late 2017 before we get any real input from Macdoc.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

The CSC company has a mentoring program and I met up with two owners last yr in Northern AZ where i hang out part time. I rode the bikes on pavement, a dirt trail and a short desert track. It wasn't awful.
A) not my bike
B) entrusted with a bike by guys I met earlier at a coffee shop in Chino AZ. (seriously, we had a phone call and the next morning I'm riding his bike)
C) they are much like me, past my best before date, not winning the Baja 1000, ever.

I can buy a tiger 800 or a BMW 800 and feel very bad when in wallows out in the sand and I bin it. I can buy 3 CSC 'offroad' bikes , and feel less bad when it wallows out in the sand and I bin it. One thing I have proven , time in and out, give me a shiny bike and I will park it upside down in a bog. I need restraint not rider improvement, and I have sat out weeks as a younger rider till circumstance allowed fixing my last F 'up.

As a rider with 40+ yrs in the saddle, having had a go at enduro, sport bikes, commuting, home builts, everything Italian, 180hp street rides and my new love, triumph adventure bikes, just because you don't dig It doesn't mean somebody else isn't having fun.

The CSC company has a mentoring program and I met up with two owners last yr in Northern AZ where i hang out part time. I rode the bikes on pavement, a dirt trail and a short desert track. It wasn't awful.
A) not my bike
B) entrusted with a bike by guys I met earlier at a coffee shop in Chino AZ. (seriously, we had a phone call and the next morning I'm riding his bike)
C) they are much like me, past my best before date, not winning the Baja 1000, ever.

I can buy a tiger 800 or a BMW 800 and feel very bad when in wallows out in the sand and I bin it. I can buy 3 CSC 'offroad' bikes , and feel less bad when it wallows out in the sand and I bin it. One thing I have proven , time in and out, give me a shiny bike and I will park it upside down in a bog. I need restraint not rider improvement, and I have sat out weeks as a younger rider till circumstance allowed fixing my last F 'up.

As a rider with 40+ yrs in the saddle, having had a go at enduro, sport bikes, commuting, home builts, everything Italian, 180hp street rides and my new love, triumph adventure bikes, just because you don't dig It doesn't mean somebody else isn't having fun.

So instead of buying a new pile of junk, buy something used that is known to be quality... like a super sherpa, xt250, or even a tw200... apparently miles ahead in terms of quality compared to this CSC trash and will have some resale value when you are done beating on it.

And yes, I don't 'dig it' because it is cheap junk... inferior production to meet a price point.

You, Crankcall, are odd. You spout off about your yachting hobby (certainly not a cheap man's hobby). You went on about quality mitre saws versus the mastercraft junk back when we were having the discussion. Yet you'd trust your life/well being to some shoddy piece of junk bike? It just doesn't make sense... you don't want to mess up that piece of oak with a crappy mitre saw, but no worries risking bodily harm on a cheap bike...

Last edited:

Your not the first person to mention that

But not in a good way.... if you cheap out on your method of transportation which could easily cost you your life... but don't cheap out on anything else.

Which goes for Macdoc too... deals with the premium computers... plays with premium cameras, etc, but wants to cheap out on the wheels underneath him?

That guy in the video had a spoke wheel get destroyed on a small rock. The replacement wheel was $200. You guys are nuts to consider riding that garbage. I have never destroyed a spoked wheel... the Vstrom with cast wheels -- yes, that is risky running over rocks, but proper spoke wheels should not have an issue like this POS did.

This guy has a good take on it and loads of experience with other dual sport bikes to back it.

http://rbrhsv.wixsite.com/travel-blog/single-post/2016/09/21/Why-I-chose-the-CSC-RX3-Cyclone

Zongchen has been around for 20 years and builds 4,000 motors a day for other marques ....they are not going to up and disappear tomorrow. Their bikes are sold and used all over the world....just because they are new to North America means nothing. Response from the CSC crew has been excellent to the questions and one minor issue with leaky fuel filter. We're happy with the value for money on the TT250 ...we'll see on the longevity.

Crankcall's Obit: Crankcall lead a rich life. Crewed on million dollar yachts, drank thousand dollar scotch and smoked hundred dollar cigars. Maintained residencies in both USA and Canada... died what he loved best, riding the absolute cheapest motorcycle he could find -- in fact less than a decent bicycle.

And Macdoc's Obit: Macdoc lead a rich life. Travelling between Australia and Canada on a yearly basis ($4k/ year), who loved his high end camera equipment, multiple very long trips per year, but died what he loved best, riding the absolute cheapest motorcycle he could find -- in fact less than a decent bicycle and costs less than what Macdoc spent on hotels in a year... but hey, it was cheap!

For the lives you two have lead, you should be riding out your golden years on the best.... not the worst. Just saying... are you two poor college kids again?

I do sail nice boats and by the grace of God have a nice life. These bikes entertain me, just like the guys riding vintage motocross on British 60's bikes, probably a really bad idea but amusing. I probably wont die on a Chinese ADV bike, but if you guys are right I'll have an entire mechanics apprenticeship course in one machine.

A) not my bike

I think the point all along has been, that for 5K CAD one can have a mildly used modern street legal Enduro with top notch parts built by companies who are the best at what they do. Why to even open the door to a cheap enduro bike?

The main point is value for your money. You don't live a comfortable life by spending 10k on a bike where a 5k bike will give you something similar.

For example: I wanted to buy a R1200GS but ended up with a CB500X. 26k vs 6k.

I haven't read all the reviews on CSC yet, but I do wonder how they can sell a bike so cheap.

I think the point all along has been, that for 5K CAD one can have a mildly used modern street legal Enduro with top notch parts built by companies who are the best at what they do. Why to even open the door to a cheap enduro bike?

Your very correct, for less than 5K, actually a lot less you can get a mildly used enduro from the big 3. But it wont have hard cases or a windscreen or crash bars. But you could get almost anybody to do repair work.
The CSC in US dollars @ $3,500. is really a deal, convert it to Canadian and its not as much fun. I just like it because its different, first time it leaves me 80kms from the road in the Sonoran desert I may feel different.
Resale will be crap, I'm ok with that, on really stupid toys I work the math that if I pay 5K , ride it three yrs and sell it for 1k , I'm up 1k, because the money was already spent and gone.
Anybody the ever bought a class A motorhome, new boat, premium level Italian car or house in Elliot Lake gets the ' not in it for perceived value' equation.

I am pretty sure, you can get a windscreen and set of decent bags. Not sure what you need crash bars for on an endure bike. I mean, the quality bikes can be crashed off-road, picked up and ridden again a minute later. They are just built well to withstand stuff like this. Crash bars are only needed on the boats like KLR 650 and up (GS's, Africa Twin etc. .....) which I don't call enduro really.

3500 USD, and you hope you will not get stranded .... the math case for the Cyclon, just escapes me. I see it different, but not for good reasons. Anyway, each to his own.

Well since you asked (sort of) crash bars on an enduro might not be of much need, but crash bars on an offroad "ADV" bike is a pretty important thing. Enduro your running pretty fast and light, ADV you may have bags to be out overnite or longer and the riding is often of a much more technical nature, depending on where you ride.

(yeah, I know 90% of ADV bikes never go on an"adventure") , the 188mi section of the Northern Arizona overlanding route runs from the end of the highway by my cottage to the south rim of the grand canyon. Its a bit rocky in places.

The main point is value for your money. You don't live a comfortable life by spending 10k on a bike where a 5k bike will give you something similar.

For example: I wanted to buy a R1200GS but ended up with a CB500X. 26k vs 6k.

I haven't read all the reviews on CSC yet, but I do wonder how they can sell a bike so cheap.

Are you really getting something similar? A 1200GS is very different then a CB500x, more so then just the price. Very different bikes in my opinion in terms of what they offer. You may say the Honda is better value, but that is up to the individual, for me it is not better value. Not getting the electronic suspension, the ride modes, the LED lighting, standard ABS, traction control, integrated Nav, etc, etc. I happily paid $30K for my GSA... well would have preferred less of course, but am not complaining, best bike I have ever ridden. It does not diminish the CB500x, but just shows they are very different bikes and really not comparable in terms of price, you are getting a whole hell of a lot more bike in the BMW then you are with the Honda in terms of features.

Are you really getting something similar? A 1200GS is very different then a CB500x, more so then just the price. Very different bikes in my opinion in terms of what they offer. You may say the Honda is better value, but that is up to the individual, for me it is not better value. Not getting the electronic suspension, the ride modes, the LED lighting, standard ABS, traction control, integrated Nav, etc, etc. I happily paid $30K for my GSA... well would have preferred less of course, but am not complaining, best bike I have ever ridden. It does not diminish the CB500x, but just shows they are very different bikes and really not comparable in terms of price, you are getting a whole hell of a lot more bike in the BMW then you are with the Honda in terms of features.

He can go everywhere you can go...you'll just do it more comfortably.

Personally I do really like the idea of a 250-450cc adv bike. I just wish one would come from the big four. You've got the csc and the ccm 450. One is Chinese, the other is unobtanium.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom