Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Michelin

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • Pirelli

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Shinko

Votes: 3 8.3%

• Total voters
Pirelli Diablo SuperCorsa , they are super sticky, perfect for super sport bikes!

Last edited:
Have had Dunlops ad just didnt like them. no wet grip, dry was ok i guess. wear was all over the map.
on PP3s now and they are amazing. rode through a lot of rain last season and they handles much better than expected.

Have had Dunlops ad just didnt like them. no wet grip, dry was ok i guess. wear was all over the map.
on PP3s now and they are amazing. rode through a lot of rain last season and they handles much better than expected.
This times two. Tried Q3's and hated them in the wet. Back to pp3s for good

Michelin have a real passion about them, they seem to energized by motorsports, always coming up with new ideas and world class tires on the road and on the track. True for bikes, bicycles, cars, planes, whatever. Yet, I've never owned any!

Whatever company makes the best tires for the cheapest cash. This changes every couple of years so I would be foolish to be brand loyal.

I won't ride on those if they were given for free.

My favourite tires are:
Pirelli Angels
Metzler

Bridgestone is slightly better than Dunlop

Whatever company makes the best tires for the cheapest cash. This changes every couple of years so I would be foolish to be brand loyal.
i think the Q3's are the chepest right now. about 300 a set but if you look around you can get the PP3s for the same price.

i was talking to a few shops at the show and yes they are clearing out last years inventory as usual but this years tire orders the price is going up BEFORE the next show in march.

I won't ride on those if they were given for free.

My favourite tires are:
Pirelli Angels
Metzler

Bridgestone is slightly better than Dunlop
wont touch the PP3's?
i wont argue with you on those tires, ive never tried them but historically everything made or designed in Italy is usually amazing.

Last edited:
I'm the last guy you want to ask about tires in the technical sense because my all season light truck tires aren't giving me any of the nasty feedback everybody else seems to be experiencing. So, bikes being that much more sensitive to contact patch input, I'll need to bow out save to say I like the Heidenau K60 for posing. Not just any wanker puts those on.

240/45 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso II

Is the only manufactory that make this tyre. No choices. Do I like it? Oh yes.

So why not post what you like and why? Or have you not read the brochure yet? :rolleyes:
Let's face it. All hyper sport tires are more than enough to keep any street rider happy. So unless you're dragging knees on on-ramps, I doubt the average street rider will be able to tell the difference in grip between a race tire and a more street friendly hyper sport tire.

I didn't list what tires I liked simply because I am not brand loyal. Currently riding on S20s, I've had Bt016s, Q2s, Q3s, Diablo SCs, PP3 and they all performed well enough for my purpose.

Sinz - mind posting some pix of your tires so we can see how accurate your statement is to your experience and suggestion? Or are you all show and no go?

Holla holla get dollas!

I am not brand loyal but definitely biased. From all the tires I have had used so far Michelin Pilot Road series have been the best for me. However, I have also received training from Michelin and been to their testing facilities, which makes me look at them with a favourable eye. Nevertheless, I quite often get whatever's a good deal from another major manufacturer. The only tire I hated was the ContiMotion but they are a discount line, I wasn't too huge on some Dunlops that came with my old SV either. Other than that mostly positive experiences. I haven't tested any Pirellis or Metzelers yet.

EaZ8;2273184 wont touch the PP3's? i wont argue with you on those said:
I'm talking about the dunlops

Michelin's - predictable, great quality.

Michelins. Started on PR2 moved to PR3 and now riding PR4. Perfect balance of grip and longevity.

Sinz - mind posting some pix of your tires so we can see how accurate your statement is to your experience and suggestion? Or are you all show and no go?

Holla holla get dollas!

I have a brand new set of tires on the bike Mike so there is no need on me posting pics of them...so what is your problem with me? Did you read the title of this thread? I answered it on my experience with the Diablo SC's plus I don't need to read the manual because I ride my bike unlike you been an Internet troll!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom