Where's my clutch lever?!?! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where's my clutch lever?!?!

They likely wanted to give you a discount on something to make you happy/make the mistake up to you so that you wouldn't tell the public of the mistake made. You know... They browse this forum too...

That being said, as others said, everyone makes mistakes - they're human too. I've caught minor and major mistakes made by 2 of 3 shops I've used (all well known). I have very little trust in others working on my bike now... Makes it difficult to figure out where to bring my bike for big maintenance jobs.

It's ok! They just lost my business, and everyone who I ride with's business :rolleyes:. I was in a pinch and it would be cheaper bringing my bike to them then to get it towed home. No way I was going to ride home 40km in rush hour with a cable that was ready to snap.
My main man Adrian at Ace Moto Tech is fantastic, and everyone who I've spoken to thinks the same. If you ever need any big jobs done, I would recommend taking it to him.

Gonna have to be the voice of dissent on this one and say that although the mechanic was at fault for sloppiness, it's up to the bike owner to also check his machine, especially after being serviced. Got your oil changed? Check it and see if there's oil in it. Clutch cable change? Check. Brakes replaced? Look them over and test them thoroughly.

We can all sit here and rag on the shop, and the tech, etc, but in the end you're only dealing with human beings and they make mistakes. It's not just the shop's job to do due diligence. Take responsibility yourself, it's your life.

The point is that you shouldn't have to double check the work done by a licensed professional that you PAID to have work done. I double check though, if I didn't do it myself.

sure a rider needs to be able to do a visual inspection
and every now and then check for things that may come loose

but I don't think you should have to bring tools to a shop
when picking up a bike, to double check the work of a licensed tech

...and yet still took the customers money.
I wonder how it would go if as a customer your payment bounced..?
Oh, sorry... I made a mistake.

not like they took his money and ran....they fixed their mistake.

there are 3 sides to every story, so far we just heard 1

not like they took his money and ran....they fixed their mistake.

there are 3 sides to every story, so far we just heard 1

They did not fix their mistake. I fixed their mistake when I got to work. Only took me 10 seconds. I wonder what the other side of the story would be......

I’m over it now, and have decided not to ever give them a single cent again, even if I was to score a discount deal.
Anyone else here have issues with RC?

Went to RC and tried on a RST 1 piece. Darn did it ever fit nice!! They declined the discount originally offered on the phone so I didn't get it. Matt is nice, but his dad is a jerk off.
I will never step a foot inside that place again. Brutal....

In bullet points.

-Unnamed shop let you down, they made an offer to make things right with you which you seemed to find acceptable at the time.

-You named RC as the shop in question.

-You changed your mind and decided to never go back and were not interested in their offer to make things right (and publicly stated such after naming RC).

-Then you did go back and were not offered the discount on a suit.

Sounds like they fired you as a customer.

I'm not surprised it was Riders Choice that this happened at.

I've experienced really awful customer service there. Whoever the old guy is tried over charging me on something, and when I returned a few minutes later to ask why the math didn't add up he had this you caught me expression and was already opening the till. He and another person were also laughing about someone that bailed at the track and got seriously injured.
Poor taste IMO.

I've also had a bike saftied there and it had serious brake vibration and they were well out of spec not to mention other things they failed to notice during the inspection. They still gave it a pass.

I'll say this before this thread gets locked. Last I was told by moderators that RC are sponsors and they don't want people bashing them...but I have only had poor experiences with Riders Choice and wouldn't recommend anyone take their bikes to them.

OP, glad you didn't get hurt from their poor work.

Unless there's more than one old guy there at the moment, that would be John McBride.... the owner.

Also in before the lock: I want Riders Choice to stay open and be a successful business. I don't want them to close out of spite... and whatever, maybe RC is doing just fine in that regard. For now though, I will continue to avoid it, because I think John has a problem with taking ownership of mistakes

Last edited:
maybe put a brief summary of this in the Reviews forum OP?
this thread is likely to die
that would preserve a clean record of the transaction

I'll say this before this thread gets locked. Last I was told by moderators that RC are sponsors and they don't want people bashing them...but I have only had poor experiences with Riders Choice and wouldn't recommend anyone take their bikes to them.

That guidance hasn't ever been provided to the mods so I'm not sure why you would have been told that.

maybe put a brief summary of this in the Reviews forum OP?
this thread is likely to die
that would preserve a clean record of the transaction
Can this thread be moved to reviews? Or should I create a new review thread.

Slowbird - I was never intending on "bashing" RC. I was just giving my honest opinion on the work they did, and how I was treated. I thought people should know....especially new riders that don't know what to look for and have full trust at a well known shop they are likely recommended.

Unless there's more than one old guy there at the moment, that would be John McBride.... the owner.

Sounds right.

That guidance hasn't ever been provided to the mods so I'm not sure why you would have been told that.

I can't clarify more than what I already said. :shrug: I'll look through my inbox but this wasn't recent and I may have deleted the message.

Slowbird - I was never intending on "bashing" RC. I was just giving my honest opinion on the work they did, and how I was treated. I thought people should know....especially new riders that don't know what to look for and have full trust at a well known shop they are likely recommended.

Of course! I don't think you are, and no one should take your thread as a bashing thread. You're sharing your experience with a local shop. Nothing wrong with that.

Pretty unprofessional reason to "fire a customer"....if that's the way you see it :agave:

You took the right path in the first post when you explained the situation and asked for feedback without naming the shop.

I think it’s reasonable for them to rescind the discount offer after you named the shop and stated you’d never be going back.

You never gave them the opportunity to make it right.

Just my $0.02

Back
Top Bottom